Poor Snorrissey

Fake C

Measured, Found Wanting
Everyone has so many options now for dramatic attention-seeking through manufactured controversy that he really has to struggle to push it far enough to get a reaction.

I don't know why you felt like this needed its own thread, but if you're looking for ways Morrissey can get a reaction, he could use the word 'n*****' in one of his songs. He can argue that it's his artistic right to call upon any word in the English language that he chooses. If it's really brewing up a storm at that point he can release an interview with SER where he states "so black rappers are permitted to use the word in their songs, but I'm denied that same right because of the colour of my skin? Is that not the very definition of racism?". He'll lose fans but he'll gain lots of headlines and a section of his fanbase will agree with him, so his career will go on. On here a few people will defend him, among them KS and Malarkey. Uncleskinny will say "See? What have I been telling you all along?" and explain that anyone who continues to enjoy Morrissey's music is an endorser of racism and bigotry. He'll get thumbs down from the usual people but an equal amount of thumbs up including from the likes of GS who will finally have decided to concede that Morrissey is indeed a racist. A couple of usernames that we barely recognise will write "after 35+ years this is the final straw for me. Goodbye Morrissey" posts. The thread will receive approximately 1000 replies. I'll give the ':ROFLMAO:' reaction to a lot of posts. BrummieBoy will have a whale of a time. Essentially we'll all do what we're most known for. You'll write a 600 word psychobabble post where you try to see both sides. People we haven't seen in years will reemerge to say their piece.

But what's the best way for Morrissey to go about this? Does he release the tracklist of a forthcoming album with the word 'n*****' in one of the titles, kickstarting a debate without anyone yet knowing what the song is about? Does he perform a new song live with 'n*****' in the lyrics, sparking a debate where people question whether they heard the lyric correctly? Perhaps he could just use the word during his between song banter: "as you...may have heard...I have yet to find a music label...with the courage...to release...my newest LP...called 'Bonfire of Teenagers'...undoubtedly the greatest...and most important work...of my entire life. John Lenin once sang...'Woman...is the n*****...of the world'...it seems that, because I have a brain...and I dare to speak my mind, I...I have now become...the n*****...of the music industry". What would be the best song to play right after that--- maybe 'Only a Pawn in Their Game'?

There are a few ways he could do this, to create controversy while still having somewhat plausible deniability. 'Somewhat' in that he's leaving himself a small amount of wiggle room so that it doesn't completely ruin him. Another option is to liken music industry executives to slave owners. There are a few pretty decent possibilities out there if he uses his imagination :thumb:

Last edited:
I don't know why you felt like this needed its own thread, but if you're looking for ways Morrissey can get a reaction, he could use the word 'n*****' in one of his songs. He can argue that it's his artistic right to call upon any word in the English language that he chooses. If it's really brewing up a storm at that point he can release an interview with SER where he states "so black rappers are permitted to use the word in their songs, but I'm denied that same right because of the colour of my skin? Is that not the very definition of racism?". He'll lose fans but he'll gain lots of headlines and a section of his fanbase will agree with him, so his career will go on. On here a few people will defend him, among them KS and Malarkey. Uncleskinny will say "See? What have I been telling you all along?" and explain that anyone who continues to enjoy Morrissey's music is an endorser of racism and bigotry. He'll get thumbs down from the usual people but an equal amount of thumbs up including from the likes of GS who will finally have decided to concede that Morrissey is indeed a racist. A couple of usernames that we barely recognise will write "after 35+ years this is the final straw for me. Goodbye Morrissey" posts. The thread will receive approximately 1000 replies. I'll give the ':ROFLMAO:' reaction to a lot of posts. BrummieBoy will have a whale of a time. Essentially we'll all do what we're most known for. You'll write a 600 word psychobabble post where you try to see both sides. People we haven't seen in years will reemerge to say their piece.

But what's the best way for Morrissey to go about this? Does he release the tracklist of a forthcoming album with the word 'n*****' in one of the titles, kickstarting a debate without anyone yet knowing what the song is about? Does he perform a new song live with 'n*****' in the lyrics, sparking a debate where people question whether they heard the lyric correctly? Perhaps he could just use the word during his between song banter: "as you...may have heard...I have yet to find a music label...with the courage...to release...my newest LP...called 'Bonfire of Teenagers'...undoubtedly the greatest...and most important work...of my entire life. John Lenin once sang...'Woman...is the n*****...of the world'...it seems that, because I have a brain...and I dare to speak my mind, I...I have now become...the n*****...of the music industry". What would be the best song to play right after that--- maybe 'Only a Pawn in Their Game'?

There are a few ways he could do this, to create controversy while still having somewhat plausible deniability. 'Somewhat' in that he's leaving himself a small amount of wiggle room so that it doesn't completely ruin him. He could also liken music industry executives to slave owners. There are a few pretty decent possibilities out there if he uses his imagination :thumb:
oh my god, honey bunny, you are so brilliant!!!!!! :hearteyes:

i dont normally read long posts, but this one was worth it. every line was genius!!!! :bow:

But what's the best way for Morrissey to go about this? Does he release the tracklist of a forthcoming album with the word 'n*****' in one of the titles, kickstarting a debate without anyone yet knowing what the song is about? Does he perform a new song live with 'n*****' in the lyrics, sparking a debate where people question whether they heard the lyric correctly?

Perhaps he could just use the word during his between song banter: "as you...may have heard...I have yet to find a music label...with the courage...to release...my newest LP...called 'Bonfire of Teenagers'...undoubtedly the greatest...and most important work...of my entire life. John Lenin once sang...'Woman...is the n*****...of the world'...it seems that, because I have a brain...and I dare to speak my mind, I...I have now become...the n*****...of the music industry". What would be the best song to play right after that--- maybe 'Only a Pawn in Their Game'?
Hey, that’s pretty good.

But you forgot about Patti ….

There are a few ways he could do this, to create controversy while still having somewhat plausible deniability. 'Somewhat' in that he's leaving himself a small amount of wiggle room so that it doesn't completely ruin him. He could also liken music industry executives to slave owners. There are a few pretty decent possibilities out there if he uses his imagination :thumb:

Fake C saying Morrissey trolls for attention, while ignoring the fact that if Morrissey really wanted attention then it could be done, is the same way Uncleskinny says that everything Morrissey does is for the money, yet ignoring the fact that if Morrissey was in it just for the money then there are plenty of ways for him to do just that.

And is it so difficult to believe that some people can’t speak their mind without some of their views being labeled controversial? It seems, unless he remains silent, it’s not really a choice he makes, nor can he stop people from disliking him, especially if they never really liked him in the first place.

Ok, I’m done with defending ;):lbf: him here.

Fake C saying Morrissey trolls for attention, while ignoring the fact that if Morrissey really wanted attention then it could be done,
What?

Morrissey really wants attention sometimes and it has “been done, “ so I have no idea what this means.

i just want to know what @Born to Harangue 's IQ is!!!! that's the REAL question!!! i bet it's, like, 170. 😍

I've never taken a proper IQ test, only the free online ones and they don't count. Actually, a few years ago I tried to take a MENSA one online and I only got about half way through it before the time ran out, so make of that what you will!!! Of the four or five other free tests I took (which don't count), my average was 128. I'm inclined to think my IQ is lower than that, maybe about 120 if that's not overly presumptuous although it could be as low as 115!! I wouldn't want to be in the 140s or higher because it seems like too much of a burden (for me), being slightly above average would be just fine!

I'm aware of some of my limitations, one of which is literary theory which takes me many read throughs to "get", back when I even attempted to read it. And frankly I'm a lazy thinker, when attempting to work through a problem in my head something I realised I would often do is work through the problem up to the point where I was beginning to understand it, then stop. Instead of delving deeper so I truly understood it, I was satisfied with a surface level understanding of whatever I was thinking about. Sean Lock has a stand-up comedy routine about that (which I can't find); agonising over a philosophical conundrum in his mind but getting bored and stopping to make a sandwich because there's no one to tell him otherwise. It's similar to that. With most things I'm okay with "good enough", so for reasons such as those I can't accept that my IQ could be much higher than 120, and that's clever but not spectacular. "And it suits me very well" as Morrissey sings in one of his new songs.

But on the subject of high IQs honey bunny what's yours, pray tell?? Genius level at least, obviously, if not super genius :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:!!! You weren't a genetic superbaby who was created in a lab and got adopted by a Canadian family, were you!? I don't think you're The Woman With Two Brains because you would have mentioned that by now. I'm not sure what else could account for your superhuman intelligence though, I should have thought it through a bit more but I decided to park the thought and make a sandwich instead-- I reached the limit of my understanding. You're the thinker of the two of us so you tell me: how did you become such a genius, was there a lot of hard work involved to get to this point or is it something that was bestowed upon you by a higher power :hearteyes:?!

I've never taken a proper IQ test, only the free online ones and they don't count. Actually, a few years ago I tried to take a MENSA one online and I only got about half way through it before the time ran out, so make of that what you will!!! Of the four or five other free tests I took (which don't count), my average was 128. I'm inclined to think my IQ is lower than that, maybe about 120 if that's not overly presumptuous although it could be as low as 115!! I wouldn't want to be in the 140s or higher because it seems like too much of a burden (for me), being slightly above average would be just fine!

I'm aware of some of my limitations, one of which is literary theory which takes me many read throughs to "get", back when I even attempted to read it. And frankly I'm a lazy thinker, when attempting to work through a problem in my head something I realised I would often do is work through the problem up to the point where I was beginning to understand it, then stop. Instead of delving deeper so I truly understood it, I was satisfied with a surface level understanding of whatever I was thinking about. Sean Lock has a stand-up comedy routine about that (which I can't find); agonising over a philosophical conundrum in his mind but getting bored and stopping to make a sandwich because there's no one to tell him otherwise. It's similar to that. With most things I'm okay with "good enough", so for reasons such as those I can't accept that my IQ could be much higher than 120, and that's clever but not spectacular. "And it suits me very well" as Morrissey sings in one of his new songs.

But on the subject of high IQs honey bunny what's yours, pray tell?? Genius level at least, obviously, if not super genius :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:!!! You weren't a genetic superbaby who was created in a lab and got adopted by a Canadian family, were you!? I don't think you're The Woman With Two Brains because you would have mentioned that by now. I'm not sure what else could account for your superhuman intelligence though, I should have thought it through a bit more but I decided to park the thought and make a sandwich instead-- I reached the limit of my understanding. You're the thinker of the two of us so you tell me: how did you become such a genius, was there a lot of hard work involved to get to this point or is it something that was bestowed upon you by a higher power :hearteyes:?!
i dont know what my iq is, honey bunny!! but i did take a free online one of questionable validity once (years ago when i was MUCH less smart) and scored 139, which didnt seem quite high enough, since goethe, who ive always compared myself to, had an iq of like 250!! but then my intelligence is being one of those whom the gods love (and therefore requires no work, so sorry, i cant give you any tips) and so it's variable and circumstantial and is probably not accurately reflected on an iq test!!

i think you must have a much higher iq than 128, honey bunny! trust me, i can tell a thing like this. it has to do with consciousness. your posts all contain an impressively high level of consciousness, so that i read them and say to myself "this guy is different gravy!!" (i learned that term from neil, teehee, in that doc you filmed off your tv for me, and am trying to find ways of inserting it into my speech :blush:). but SERIOUSLY: you are DIFFERENT GRAVY, lovebug!!

speaking of limitations, the one thing i am very bad at, which isnt good as a novelist, is finding themes in novels!! i can never find the theme nor understand why there has to be one! i think i like to approach novels as if they're movies: for me, it's all about interesting scenes and dialogue, and framing, and new perspectives. who gives a f*** about themes?!?! but then as an amoralist i WOULD say that, wouldn't i, honey bunny?!?!?!

anyway, at the moment im more interested in measurements having to do with head circumference rather than iq!!! i very well might be the woman with two brains, now that you mention it--my head is certainly big enough!!! (although measurements suggest it's normal sized??? how does that work?!?!!)

also, sandwiches ARE pretty good, honey bunny!!! in fact, they're my favourite food (which is why i dont cook, because why would i when i can just eat a sandwich, hmmmm?!?!!). there isnt much i'd rather do than eat a sandwich!

honey bunny!!! i just discovered this woman who has the worlds highest recorded iq! look how beautiful she is too!!!! and i love her personality! (it sort of reminds me of mine!! 😍 )

I remember talking to an art history professor once. I mentioned Patti Smith and she rolled her eyes and I thought she probably just doesn’t get it, but seeing some things like Patti Smith on that Rolling Thunder Revue documentary on Netflix I think maybe she did get it. Patti Smith did some really interesting work but she was always jostling to get close to people more famous or more talented or more iconic.
I respect her hustle but she has two classic records and a whole bunch of other stuff that make a career. Horses and Easter are great but I don’t think anyone ranks them with Velvet Underground, at least not anymore.

When I lost a lot of faith is when I read this interview after she was married and she was saying that her husband was kind of advising her musically in a way that sounded very controlling. I couldn’t understand why she would be attracted to that. Why wouldn’t she want to do it her way when she created such an impact early on. After “Wave” which was only okay, she never had the same impact. Maybe she couldn’t think of another group to culturally appropriate for shock value.

Ghost Dance is great but maybe she should have done African Americans one record and saved Native Americans for later.

I remember talking to an art history professor once. I mentioned Patti Smith and she rolled her eyes and I thought she probably just doesn’t get it, but seeing some things like Patti Smith on that Rolling Thunder Revue documentary on Netflix I think maybe she did get it. Patti Smith did some really interesting work but she was always jostling to get close to people more famous or more talented or more iconic.
I respect her hustle but she has two classic records and a whole bunch of other stuff that make a career. Horses and Easter are great but I don’t think anyone ranks them with Velvet Underground, at least not anymore.

When I lost a lot of faith is when I read this interview after she was married and she was saying that her husband was kind of advising her musically in a way that sounded very controlling. I couldn’t understand why she would be attracted to that. Why wouldn’t she want to do it her way when she created such an impact early on. After “Wave” which was only okay, she never had the same impact. Maybe she couldn’t think of another group to culturally appropriate for shock value.
k, shut up now

Back
Top Bottom