Pomona, CA - Fox Theater (Nov. 28, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / Maladjusted / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Scandinavia / All The Lazy Dykes / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder // Still Ill

set list provided by cesar1978

Last edited:
What are you all on about? This is virtually the same setlist as previous nights - are you all stoned in california?

An important message is always worth repeating as the end approaches

A ll those
R equiring
E ntrance to shows are asked to
D eploy a red or white
R ose
O nstage whereupon the
S tory will be
E xplained

Will Oakland be Jokeland? Or will it be HeSpokeLand?

A ll those
W aiting
H oping
I t is almost
T ime for the
E xuberant deployment of
R oses - red or white
O nstage at Oakland whereupon the
S tory will be
E xplained

a red rose ♥

HA = excellent, betetr than mine I have to say.

A ll those
W aiting
H oping
I t is almost
T ime for the
E xuberant deployment of
R oses - red or white
S tory will be
E xplained

a red rose ♥

HA = excellent, better than mine I have to say, excellent use of the word exuberant

Best of SoCal shows! Mozza was absolutely tipsy from what I could tell. Seemed buzzy for sure! Banter was aplenty!

During the silent break in the middle of Speedway he sang a few beautiful acapella bars of You Light Up My Life and moaned a bit. It was heaven, I completely love that. And he mentioned his last visit to Pomona where he visited the museum of ceramics and was "bored shitless." Kinda hilarious. There was a lot of banter, he was different.

An important message is always worth repeating as the end approaches

A ll those
R equiring
E ntrance to shows are asked to
D eploy a red or white
R ose
O nstage whereupon the
S tory will be
E xplained

Will Oakland be Jokeland? Or will it be HeSpokeLand?

You and your stupid red rose. Someone handed him one and he took it and smelled it and mock sneezed like it gave him allergies. There, your rose fantasy came true. Now go away.

Jokers cast off,
Unfaithfuls left behind,
Solely
The true believers will
In time will taste the
Nectar of Roses

Believe
In Him and you will
Enter His Kingdom and
Bask in
Everlasting life with Him,
Rex Regis.

You and your stupid red rose. Someone handed him one and he took it and smelled it and mock sneezed like it gave him allergies. There, your rose fantasy came true. Now go away.

Hmmm - I don't believe this happened but you are clearly a wise person who knows. Now where should I go to, oh wise one? If I need to know about the seminal artiste Morrissey is this not the shrine to visit?

Wake n bake. :straightface:

Hmmm - I don't believe this happened but you are clearly a wise person who knows. Now where should I go to, oh wise one? If I need to know about the seminal artiste Morrissey is this not the shrine to visit?

This did happen. There were two red roses being thrust at him on Boz's side and he ignored them most the night. THen he finally took one, smelled it, I think he tossed it back to the crowd and fake sneezed his way to the other side of the stage. It was funny.

Best show of all the LA shows.

So in reading the reviews, yes the setlist was the same as most other LA shows, but it is good to hear he was into it.

I'm convinced he enjoys the smaller venues vs the larger ones having been to roughly 45+ Moz gigs. The only really good, by Moz standards, large arena show I believe was the Hollywood Bowl in 2007, that rocked.

Also, I am sure he won't change his approach to touring, he's been doing it so long, but a few days breaks between shows would rest him up and keep the passion burning.

The back to back shows drain him, heck it would drain anyobdy not just Moz.

I'm hoping he "comes round" in early 2012 with a second leg of the tour to promote his new alblum, I feel the new songs are quite good, especially "action is my middle name"

We love you Moz, thanks for stopping in Southern CA for a quick sojourn, we hope to see you again soon~

So you're the only person who is allowed to have insane fantasies on this site? (Just yesterday you said that Morrissey is Jesus:
Re: Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment
My threads touch on the technicalities of the whole being Jesus thing, not the reverential rapturous stuff, though I totally support that. All come all ye faithful and whatnot. ).

Or is it that you see this and it reminds you of yourself and your various delusions and you're disgusted with yourself and take it out on this person?

Today you said this:
Re: Symbolic Stuff Nobody Give a Crap About
I think I saw (and felt) MOrrissey do something cool tonight.

So there's this weird affliction I'm under the impression he might suffer from where energy gets balled up in your heart chakra and you feel tremendous chest pain, it;s like the flaming heart of Guadalupe, it hurts like f*** but it's a signifier that you're tied into something greater. There's a number of ways you can release that pain, but one of them is by opening your head/crown/kether chakra or center and the energy releases or escapes through your head. It sounds crazy but just go with it. Anyway, one way to do that is to kind of puke a little bit, not like vomiting, but like choking a bit. It makes the pain go away. I think I saw him do that with his back to the audience. I could be wrong but if that's the case, I didn't just see it.

Anyway, which is it? Are you the stupid kind of hypocrite who has no idea you're being hypocritical or the hideous kind who knows and does it anyway?

Roses are stupid hmm sounds like an evil stepmother who needs to get a dose of their own in a fairytale..doesn't even like poetry ..named after a piece of useless formal dinnerware given at tacky horrid weddings that collects dust after the ceremony: break out the crystal, grandma is coming to dinner.If you loved a man who once wielded gladioli why is it so far fetched for a person to want to toss roses?What a pathetic, convenient world we live in today.I'm allergic to Solo and the not very nice people on here . Peace to the tolerable ones, the rest well they are already rotting.That one has to a whole lot of shows , it means I love him more right ?? pfft total crap.The heart and soul are free.These rites and rituals and mementos and setlists and ticket stubs don't really mean shit they are just souvenirs from your consumerism.At least a few people are trying to spread some love.In what seems a hopeless age we dwell in it is welcome.Also, lost.~Painting the roses red painting the roses red~ Go Ask Alice~

off-topic

Invest huge amounts of time sucking up the moderators and threatening their critics, and you too can be a Solow star basket case.

Reach for the stars!

What makes me laugh is the fact that she spends so much time being visible here, and doesn't seem to realize HOW visible she is - as in, Morrissey said f***-solo for a reason, and she (in the form of solo's resident basket case who thinks he is jesus and is worse than the former frink crowd about explicitly talking of having sex with him) is a very large part of that reason. She is so buried in delusion she cannot seem to put these two things together.

Last edited by a moderator:
off-topic

What makes me laugh is the fact that she spends so much time being visible here, and doesn't seem to realize HOW visible she is - as in, Morrissey said f***-solo for a reason, and she (in the form of solo's resident basket case who thinks he is jesus and is worse than the former frink crowd about explicitly talking of having sex with him) is a very large part of that reason. She is so buried in delusion she cannot seem to put these two things together.

She seems to crave attention, any kind of attention, negative or positive. That kind of attention whore is too shallow and miserable to realize or care how much they're messing up their own lives. There are a lot of those types on this site, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aida Tuturro at the Pomona Show?!!?? Sure looked like you girl! But no Big Tony or Bobby Bacalla....

Was that really Aida Tuturro in row 7? No Big Tony, or Bobby Baccalla...Last of the gang to die...

It was an amazing show, very beautiful and sexy. When I got home, I wanted to express myself artistically. So I cut my friend's hair.

I also was expressing myself artistically, but my poetry was removed. I was following the discussion and joining in. I said...

A ll those who
R idicule and doubt will
E ventually reach for the stars after the
D eployment of
R oses - red or white
S tory will be
E xplained

an exuberant red rose ♥♥

am now a sad red rose ♥♥♥

Ok...so I went to a few of the So Cal shows and I thought Escondido was the best. Did anyone go to ALL the shows??? If so, what do you think was the best? Thx

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom