Poll: Who wrote the best music on Low in High School?

Who contributed the best music to Low in High School?

• Total voters

Maurice E Maher

Four different songwriters - I think that's a first on a Morrissey studio album.
Putting the singing and the lyrics to one side, who came up with the best pieces of music?

All the songs are stunning compositions. My vote was for Jesse. His I Bury The Living's outro has placed him highly in Morrissey's canon.

And Legs could have been a Smiths shong had there ever been a fifth Smiths album.

Shouldn't John Lennon get a co-write for 'All the Young People Must Fall in Love'?

I liked all of them but Mando and Gustavo get my vote. I really liked the cabaret piano stuff Gustavo wrote and Mando had two of the highlight songs on the album. I thought Jesse killed it on world peace but out of his two pieces here only when you opened your legs hit me

My vote was for Jesse. His I Bury The Living's outro has placed him highly in Morrissey's canon.

I must admit Jesse tried his best at tapping into his inner-Johnny Marr jangle on that one. In fact, the outro is the only part of the entire song which I can listen to. Not sure why Moz didn't build upon that one instead of giving us the seven minutes of what we got...

this.

but i vote for mando and gustavo - their contribution is like fresh breeze
Bullshit. They are f***ing amateurs. He (Morrissey) needs to clean up the house. The only person worth staying is the drummer. This is the only album I didn't buy and am not going to. I don't like it, mind you, it's still better than what the kids are putting out there these days. People say, it's growing on me. Well, then, it's not that good if you have to give it a chance to grow on you. It's either an ace or a waste.

Start attacking now....

Mando by a country mile then Boz. Gustavo shouldn't be allowed to write many songs again. Should take a back seat. Really awful and overall his style doesn't suit Morrissey

Isn't "Home Is A Question Mark" a leftover from the Quarry-Recordings with songwriting credits to Alain Whyte?!

Bullshit. They are f***ing amateurs. He (Morrissey) needs to clean up the house. The only person worth staying is the drummer. This is the only album I didn't buy and am not going to. I don't like it, mind you, it's still better than what the kids are putting out there these days. People say, it's growing on me. Well, then, it's not that good if you have to give it a chance to grow on you. It's either an ace or a waste.

Start attacking now....

It is still miles better than World Peace.

Isn't "Home Is A Question Mark" a leftover from the Quarry-Recordings with songwriting credits to Alain Whyte?!

The only thing leftover is the name of the song. And probably most, if not all, of the lyrics are as well. Mando is responsible for the music on this new one. Maybe Alain's original demo will surface at some point.

Start attacking now....

and who are you to judge my opinion or taste as bullshit?!

i don't agree with one word of your post but either don't have an urge to insult or "attack", you'll get this from people like you.

Back
Top Bottom