Poll - What do you think of 'All the young people must fall in love'?

What do you think of 'All the young people must fall in love'?

• 2 - a poor quality song. Tolerable if heard occasionally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maurice E Maher

After the single, this seems to be the song that people have listened to the most.
So, I propose another little poll. Be interesting to see how the results compare with 'Spent the Day'.

It appears to be the one I have played the most so far, but I think I slightly prefer Home Is A Question Mark. I Wish You Lonely is wonderful also, this will hopefully be his best album since Vauxhall.

Do we really need two separate threads about this song? Anyway, my opinion - I like the first half, and the 'Give Peace a Chance' vibe is interesting - but by the second half the song turns into a completely tuneless mess. Difficult to tell if that's intentional, or just Morrissey/the band haven't got the hang of playing it live yet.

Do we really need two separate threads about this song? Anyway, my opinion - I like the first half, and the 'Give Peace a Chance' vibe is interesting - but by the second half the song turns into a completely tuneless mess. Difficult to tell if that's intentional, or just Morrissey/the band haven't got the hang of playing it live yet.

Yeah I'm with you. It's hard to judge on this one live performance but apparently he played it on Jools Holland so maybe it will sound a bit more polished on there.

It's not that great of a Morrissey song, but it deserves to be a single because I think it's quite accessible and would do well for him promotion-wise.

Do we really need two separate threads about this song?

Fair point but this is a poll. It doesn't say until you click on the thread (don't know why - you used to be able to tell just from the thread title). From early votes, it looks like this is quite a lot more popular than Spent the Day...

Edit - I have now added POLL to thread title. HTH as they say!

Last edited:
I think it is an obvious choice for single. So damn catchy, I can't get it out of my head! Love this song. I am in the same boat as life is a pig sty, however, in that my favorite (thus far) is Home Is A Question Mark. That song is just brilliant. I'd probably rank it as a 5. Somehow both new for Moz and a classic Moz song all in one. Yep, best album since Vauxhall it seems.

It's as if I'm in the Twilight Zone - I'm baffled that people are giving it any sort of kudos - it's terrible. The drum beat alone makes me cringe. We are grasping at straws here..

It's as if I'm in the Twilight Zone - I'm baffled that people are giving it any sort of kudos - it's terrible. The drum beat alone makes me cringe. We are grasping at straws here..

Listen to the drums and handclaps on this Erik

and then listen to what Morrissey is saying.

Yeah I listened to this and a bunch of Lennon stuff yesterday as a result of all the young people. Guess the song was influenced by a seventies musical artist, just not bowie

I'll hold my vote until after hearing the Jools Holland version.

'ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE..'

guess this should go here too... before it's pulled.

:love:

I think it´s an ok song, but I prefer Home Is A Question Mark ... I still don't get why you are loving this song so much:nomouth:

I think it´s an ok song, but I prefer Home Is A Question Mark ... I still don't get why you are loving this song so much:nomouth:

Well, it is all a matter of taste of course.
I like the loose atmosphere of the song.
The way he sings it, the rhythm, the handclaps and the piano. Its just very catchy too.
The happy emotion on it as if he knows very well why all the young people should fall in love. Otherwise why would he sing about it. He could sing all the young people must NOT fall in love. :rolleyes:
Which of course had resulted in many winy reactions, pope of mope and that bullshit.

The song is different in music and feel, compared to most other Moz songs.
Some variety. It is brave and daring and just different.
There is a big contrast to home is a question mark which for me is the best track, so far.
I just appreciate the variety of his new songs. And the variety of the emotions.
There is more of that than on Worldpeace I think for that had a very dark but beautiful gloomy atmosphere..

Some very good songs are not necesseraly good singles (and it can also be the other way around).

I like the song, but won’t make my mind before I hear the studio version.

Back
Top Bottom