Poll: Should Lesley-Anne change her nickname?

Should Lesley-Anne change her nickname?

• no

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • who cares?

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
seriously, leave her alone. shes a great person.
morrissey used lesley anne's name in a song...so why shouldn't she use it as her user name? it's the same thing. what if her real name is lesley anne? ever thought of that?

morrissey used lesley anne's name in a song...so why shouldn't she use it as her user name? it's the same thing. what if her real name is lesley anne? ever thought of that?

I agree that of course Lesley-Anne should keep her username if she likes it, but I don't think I am alone in recoiling slightly when I see it here.

Excuse moi.
I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics, I didn't read all the lyrics yet and if I don't read them I don't understand every single word.
I didn't catch Lesley-Anne, but I cought Jon. :o

I am leaving to see Morrissey in about ummm... 4 hours otherwise I'd post a witty reply.

cya.

And my brothers name was Christopher BTW. It would not bother me in the least... LOFL!

I was born in the late 60's and I don't think the impact of the Moors Murders should ever be underestimated. My Dad used to tell me thats when it all changed...when people started to lock their doors at night and when kids weren't allowed to play out in the street anymore. When he spoke of Lesley-Anne he would always have tears in his eyes. Morrissey wrote a beautiful tribute to Lesley-Anne and the other victims in Suffer Little Children. Her face is etched on a generation.

Sure, she would be allowed to keep it. She has as much right to it as I have to mine.

But, that doesn't make it any more tasteful in my eyes.

And I never thought anything bad about Lesley-Ann herself, just her name choice.

I was born in the late 60's and I don't think the impact of the Moors Murders should ever be underestimated. My Dad used to tell me thats when it all changed...when people started to lock their doors at night and when kids weren't allowed to play out in the street anymore. When he spoke of Lesley-Anne he would always have tears in his eyes. Morrissey wrote a beautiful tribute to Lesley-Anne and the other victims in Suffer Little Children. Her face is etched on a generation.

This is exactly why I choose that name. To honor her. It is for no other reason. My intentions are pure.

i know i a missing something
but the 1st two things that come to my mind when i think of the name 'Lesley-Anne'
is 2 diff actresses who i remember as both being 'highly doable' :o

i kind of agree with duchess.

but change where it says "the blood oranges "etc.

at 1st i thought it was just her name. but then i saw it was pointed out it was about one of the children. i don't think it's that hurtful or vindictive of the person, unless they have been posting insensitive material about the moors murders.

yes, it did have a huge impact on the UK, as my mum has told me.

This is exactly why I choose that name. To honor her. It is for no other reason. My intentions are pure.

I'm sure they are.

But you have to understand, when people don't know anything about you and they see that you have named yourself after a child that died a horrible death, people tend to jump to conclusions.

EDIT: Ooh and enjoy the Moz show. :D

are sarahT and dagenham don english then robby?
no, but the annoying english influence of missing/assuming context
&
interpreting the implied in a narrow often provincial manner is a disease that is catching here
and for all your wisdom the more you explore me! :rolleyes:
you are one of the least i expect to ever understand such :o
also
Actually, I'm from America.
i know! :eek:
weird aint it...

Last edited:
no, but the annoying english influence of missing/assuming context
&
interpreting the implied in a narrow often provincial manner is a disease that is catching here
and for all your wisdom the more you explore me! :rolleyes:
you are one of the least i expect to ever understand such :o
also

i know! :eek:
werid aint it...

so that is something only english people do? so have you met every english person then!
it like assuming all americans love guns? or all russians drink vodka! french smell of garlic!

have you been to england?

i have never heard in all my years that english people have a "influence of missing/assuming context".

your talking utter nonsense, yet again.

:rolleyes:

i REALLY DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK IN EVEN THE SLIGHTEST WAY HUMANLY POSSIBLe
which i think is awesome :)

do all Americans say 'awesome" is that like American "totally" "awesome".....sorry I'm i generalizing a nation of people:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom