Poll: Next single from California Son?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BookishBoy, Jun 3, 2019.

?

What should be the next official single from California Son?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2019.
  1. Morning Starship

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Don't Interrupt the Sorrow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only a Pawn...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Suffer the Little Children

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Days of Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It's Over

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Loneliness Remembers...

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  8. Lady Willpower

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. When You Close Your Eyes

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. Lenny's Tune

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Some Say I Got Devil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BookishBoy

BookishBoy Active Member

On the assumption that there *will* be another single from album, which track should it be? In terms of traction in the UK, presumably it needs to be the song with the best chance of getting playlisted on Radio 2...

2. BookishBoy

BookishBoy Active Member

(I'm voting for "Loneliness" because it's short and wonderful - even if it does sound a bit like the Brilliant Corners at one point...)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubt there'll be one, TBH.
    Radio 2 are probably pretty embarrassed that they gave the album so much support ('Pingate' hadn't properly erupted when their decision would have been made).
    Big Steve is v lucky he's already properly recorded a new album, and is currently with a record label. If he was looking for a new deal now, he wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance.

4. mcrickson

mcrickson Reckless Endangerment

I think "Suffer" would be the most interesting and snappy to hear on the radio.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Days of Decision

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be "When you Close Your Eyes".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suffer for sure. It’s super catchy and well written lyrically and that big sound is excellent. I wouldn’t mind an album of brassy showtune styled protest songs at all. Days of decision is such a good song and I was unfamiliar with it but I don’t think it’d play well on the radio right now (summertime) and I’m not a big fan of when you close your eyes or happiness. Both songs look good on paper but the actually covers leave something to be desired. Happiness just doesn’t have the right emotional tone in his delivery and when you close your eyes is a song in a style I just care for. I will say that after someone made the connection, the amusing possible one, between wedding bell blues and William I had the thought that the lines from when you close your eyes reminded me of the sentiment behind well I wonder

8. JoeSellMozza

JoeSellMozza Well-Known Member

When you close your eyes.
    Cover Design on central.

9. mcrickson

mcrickson Reckless Endangerment

There was also a cover design on central for "It's Over" and "Starship" but those never materialized as real 7 inches.

10. JoeSellMozza

JoeSellMozza Well-Known Member

That‘s right, but they have been both new album teasers... so I guess „eyes“ will be released on 7“. Maybe after „It‘s over“.