Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Born To Hang

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Striptease With A Difference

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • other

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
The other version of Sweetie-Pie surely, pure gold.
Of the ones listed I’d go for I’m Playing Easy To Get.
But all these deserve a proper release.

Love the other version of sweetie pie. Would love to hear the title track kill uncle!
But out of the songs on the poll. Striptease is my favorite.

Surprised about the lack of love (so far) for Kit. The guitar riff is gorgeous and the vocal, with its intriguing story, is haunting. Just wish there was a really clean version out there. It was a toss-up between that and Striptease, for me.

Agreed 100%. Kit is not just his best unreleased song - it’s one of his best songs period. How I wish it’d get a proper release.. oh but dreams have a knack of..

Agreed 100%. Kit is not just his best unreleased song - it’s one of his best songs period. How I wish it’d get a proper release.. oh but dreams have a knack of..
I'd love the know the reasons behind why he dumps some of these gems. I reckon it must be either bad blood, bad memories or money, or a combination of any or all.

I'd love the know the reasons behind why he dumps some of these gems. I reckon it must be either bad blood, bad memories or money, or a combination of any or all.

I think recently he's been consciously moving away from what's considered the typical morrissey sound starting around the refusal period

I actually picked I’m Playing... It reminds me of a simpler time. Great lyrics as well. But I’d put Blue...in close second.

That may be so, but Kit was from the Maladjusted era and Striptease even earlier.

Yeah that's why I said recently. Don't know about the others but I'd imagine the reasaons to be more personal

It is interesting, at this later stage of his career, that "I Know Who I Love" has eluded leaking in some fashion or other. Simon Goddard has heard/described it. Both Spencer Cobrin and Jonny Bridgwood are alleged to have it on cassettes or CDRs, which could also presumably contain the original recording of "No One Can Hold A Candle To You," "The Leeches Go On Removing," "Hanratty" and "Nightmare." It's very tantalizing.

Personally, I wish that "I'm Playing Easy To Get" would have been finished. The Janice Long version is a bit muddy and unfinished. It had potential as a nice time capsule of his early LA years coupled with some trademark arch wit. Certainly it would have fit awkwardly on Ringleader. But obviously by then he had moved on, geographically and, somewhat, stylistically.

Would agree on Kit. Shame it was shelved as with a good producer and tweaking it might have been something good.

It is interesting, at this later stage of his career, that "I Know Who I Love" has eluded leaking in some fashion or other. Simon Goddard has heard/described it. Both Spencer Cobrin and Jonny Bridgwood are alleged to have it on cassettes or CDRs, which could also presumably contain the original recording of "No One Can Hold A Candle To You," "The Leeches Go On Removing," "Hanratty" and "Nightmare." It's very tantalizing.

Personally, I wish that "I'm Playing Easy To Get" would have been finished. The Janice Long version is a bit muddy and unfinished. It had potential as a nice time capsule of his early LA years coupled with some trademark arch wit. Certainly it would have fit awkwardly on Ringleader. But obviously by then he had moved on, geographically and, somewhat, stylistically.

Always enjoy your posts, as I always am in agreement. Hopefully they’ll eventually all turn up and give us a listen.

We were winning what the f people o_O
blue dreamer is ok, but gotta think lotta you people are just millennials whove never heard most of the others :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom