Poll: Best Morrissey 2020 song

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters
I like them all. Knockabout World is the smoothest. Bobby is the liveliest. Love is the most jarring, but it's great once it builds.

All of 'em! But, gun to head syndrome, I'd have to go with Love is on it's way out.

The last two singles have a Bona Drag feel to them. I've a feeling this new album will quite similar.

I like all of them but Bobby Don`t You Think They Know is my favorite. With Knockabout World and Love Is On It`s Way out coming out second and third.

Interestingly enough, Love Is On Its Way won a similar poll earlier when it was just Bobby and Love.
Now with Knockabout World added, Bobby takes a clear (early) lead.
So the Bobby-fans are more determined, the Love-fans seem to have abandoned ship and joined KW so far.
These songs are also more similar in feel, where Bobby is something else completely.

Me gustan los 3 pero espero mas ..siempre hay mas con MOZ!!!!!las letras de love y del ultimo que lanzo me gustan mas que las de bobby,y la voz de Moz es 10 /10!!!

It’s tough. They are all super catchy. I love the heavy groove of Bobby the swirling tempo of love is and the way the chorus of knockabout world folds and shimmers. I think knockabout just for its change of tone to offer a bit of balance to his recent output. He’s hardened in his old age, sorry morrissey, and at times I think it’s good to for him and his music in general these days to express something else other than just the horribleness of the worlds problems or even his own and while the song does reference this his response seems very measured and more aimed at sympathetic perseverance rather than anger and that’s kinda nice

With all the songs having been out for a few weeks now, it's striking just how good they are. The quality of the songwriting is so much better than on a standard Morrissey album. Think of the richness and sheer musicality of Bobby, the gorgeous chorus melody of Knockabout, and compare it to the sheer thinness and mediocrity of the likes of Dagenham dave, Roys keen or any one of 40 or so other dreary Alain Whyte compositions (nice guy though he undoubtedly was).

With all the songs having been out for a few weeks now, it's striking just how good they are. The quality of the songwriting is so much better than on a standard Morrissey album. Think of the richness and sheer musicality of Bobby, the gorgeous chorus melody of Knockabout, and compare it to the sheer thinness and mediocrity of the likes of Dagenham dave, Roys keen or any one of 40 or so other dreary Alain Whyte compositions (nice guy though he undoubtedly was).

Why have you always got in in for Alain Whyte, Johnny Marr-Solo and come to think of it Morrissey most of the time?

Can't wait to go to the world famous Apollo Theater in NYC for the first time to see my favorite Crooner on Earth!!! Mozzer here I come........

Back
Top Bottom