Political posters in New York

Re: Posters in New York

I think you're interpreting "sending" as intentional or active on Mexico's part but I don't believe he meant it that way. He meant it more in the sense of a conveyor belt: the people are coming from Mexico and often from other central American nations through Mexico and into the United States. Mexico is the hub and the illegal immigrants are allowed to use Mexico to gain entry. Sort of like saying Canada sends a lot of drugs across the border. America then receives the illegal aliens or drugs.

Mexico does have rapists cross the border in disproportionate numbers. Trump made the point that a lot of Mexico's very worst cross the border, which is unfortunate for America. Of course the mainstream media took his statement and twisted it to suggest that he said "all Mexicans are rapists" which he never said.

Really, record low voter turnout? I think you have a point there in regard to Hillary. But Trump is setting records for voter turnout so far.

I could be wrong about the voter turnout.
You spent a paragraph defining a word he intentionally uses to appeal to his base, and then changed it to "have." "Having across the border?" He knows what "sending" means. They aren't sent. They come here for opportunity. But saying "sending" makes it sound like an organized effort, as I said, like Cuba actually did.
And you can't know the what percentage of undocumented immigrants is racist. That's not something that can be argued because it's just not possible to know. Maybe he didn't say "all Mexicans are rapists," but he does want a ban on all Muslims entering the US.
On Monday, presidential hopeful Donald Trump released a statement calling for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

“Our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” the hotel mogul-turned-politician said.

The Trump campaign confirmed that their proposed ban would apply to tourists as well as refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants. It would even bar Muslim-American citizens living abroad from returning home. This goes beyond other Republicans candidates like Jeb Bush, who have called for barring Muslim Syrian refugees but admitting those of the Christian faith.

Anyway, he's a blowhard with no experience and a long list of lawsuits, bankruptcies, and questionable behavior, and a dangerous person to give the power of President. It really doesn't matter what he said about Mexican people, that was just one more statement to pander to the people who live in fear of anyone who is not white and Christian.

for those who want to mention the clinton "e-mail scandal" is a piece from newsweek

"Colin Powell and aides to Condoleezza Rice trafficked in classified information on their personal email accounts." just for sake of reference for those who dont know these were the two secretaries of state before clinton but both were republicans. article talks about both doing exactly the same as clinton but with no outcry from the party trying to make something now that shes running for president. also talks about the top secret info used by those accounts

http://www.newsweek.com/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187

does anyone have anything to say or debate about clinton vs sanders. anyone

Colin Powell is not running for President. If he were that would be an issue. They'd also probably dig up "Trust me" about WMD and the whole Iraq shitshow.

So, the only evidence you ever see is all the evidence but you refuse to believe it. Nice. Now go away you f***tard.

It's typical that you turn to personal insults instead of engaging in a rational discussion. If you have something of substance to say, say it. You don't have to like Trump's style but the issues he discusses, whether he does so in a nice fuzzy way or not, are issues that needed to start getting talked about. He achieved getting dialogue open. But apparently you only have the same empty claims to contribute!

Remember that illegal aliens are not a race. Neither are radical Muslims. It's disingenuous to pretend that to be the case. If you don't make a distinction between illegal aliens and Hispanic Americans then you need to re-evaluate your thinking.

But of course you plead that I "go away" because looking at the facts would make you uncomfortable.

I could be wrong about the voter turnout.
You spent a paragraph defining a word he intentionally uses to appeal to his base, and then changed it to "have." "Having across the border?" He knows what "sending" means. They aren't sent. They come here for opportunity. But saying "sending" makes it sound like an organized effort, as I said, like Cuba actually did.
And you can't know the what percentage of undocumented immigrants is racist. That's not something that can be argued because it's just not possible to know. Maybe he didn't say "all Mexicans are rapists," but he does want a ban on all Muslims entering the US.
On Monday, presidential hopeful Donald Trump released a statement calling for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

“Our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” the hotel mogul-turned-politician said.

The Trump campaign confirmed that their proposed ban would apply to tourists as well as refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants. It would even bar Muslim-American citizens living abroad from returning home. This goes beyond other Republicans candidates like Jeb Bush, who have called for barring Muslim Syrian refugees but admitting those of the Christian faith.

Anyway, he's a blowhard with no experience and a long list of lawsuits, bankruptcies, and questionable behavior, and a dangerous person to give the power of President. It really doesn't matter what he said about Mexican people, that was just one more statement to pander to the people who live in fear of anyone who is not white and Christian.

So do you believe that people should be allowed to enter the country illegally?

And do you think Trump makes no sense when he says that the temporary stop on Muslims is necessary until we figure out what's going on? Personally it worries me that it's impossible to sort the radicals from the moderates. That's why it's necessary. Islam is an ideology and it has flaws. We interrogated Christianity and forced it to change. Now we are faced with a much more primitive and destructive ideology. But why is it politically incorrect to interrogate it and ask it to change as well?

There are a lot of problems in the Muslim world and at present the Muslim ideology is incompatible with Western ideals.

Colin Powell is not running for President. If he were that would be an issue. They'd also probably dig up "Trust me" about WMD and the whole Iraq shitshow.

people in the party, the republican party, did want rice to run and said so very vocally even recently. those same people and party who are running the committee thats dragging out a debate on the email issue thats never been an issue or rule in history before they needed to stop clinton. the same congress that sanders has been in for years. no it wouldnt be an issue for anyone unless it was clinton. did you read the interview where sanders is given free reign to explain his ideas and positions. its pretty sad. can you or anyone say exactly what it is that makes clinton distrustful or unqualified or even state what about her positions are wrong for the nation. i mean how does sanders achieve his plan for free state college as its not in the executive offices power in any way. does any sanders supporter here have an answer for that because making it a part of your presidential platform when you have no power to make it happen is wrong. promising his supporter this is just as bad as trumps vauge assertation that hes gonna somehow make america great again. for the trust me about wmd, thats been proven over and over again to be true and the result of willfully wrong intelligence while the email issue is just made up crap and totally hypocritical. why didnt sanders while in congress, as everyone in congress knows how intelligence is handled and has been forever, say anything about it then or before it benefited him. powels email was a freaking aol account. are you saying that its an issue for the presidential nominee but if your secretary of state its not worth mentioning

And do you think Trump makes no sense when he says that the temporary stop on Muslims is necessary until we figure out what's going on? Personally it worries me that it's impossible to sort the radicals from the moderates. That's why it's necessary. Islam is an ideology and it has flaws. We interrogated Christianity and forced it to change. Now we are faced with a much more primitive and destructive ideology. But why is it politically incorrect to interrogate it and ask it to change as well?

There are a lot of problems in the Muslim world and at present the Muslim ideology is incompatible with Western ideals.

Once again another great debate. If history is any guide Americans have responded to personality over politics. For better or worse. Going back to Ronald Reagan through Obama if nothing else they connected with the electorate. The problem with the choice in front of us now is that in my eyes they are both equally unlikeable. Hillary comes across as shrill and cold and Trump as a thoughtless blow hard.

But as you point out Derek, Trump is speaking to what most Americans are thinking even if it is in a ham-hands way. No one politician let alone person will be liked by everyone, but I believe that the one who can at least nudge the likability meter passed the other will win...for better or worse.

Once again another great debate. If history is any guide Americans have responded to personality over politics. For better or worse. Going back to Ronald Reagan through Obama if nothing else they connected with the electorate. The problem with the choice in front of us now is that in my eyes they are both equally unlikeable. Hillary comes across as shrill and cold and Trump as a thoughtless blow hard.

But as you point out Derek, Trump is speaking to what most Americans are thinking even if it is in a ham-hands way. No one politician let alone person will be liked by everyone, but I believe that the one who can at least nudge the likability meter passed the other will win...for better or worse.

Good points. I get that people don't like Trump for various reasons. But it's not about him, it's about the issues and policy and what he can do for America (and really the entire Western world). I certainly believe that if nothing else he has opened many important discussions (albeit in his own truculent way) and that's important to get the ball rolling on real issues and end the insanity of censoring ourselves for fear of offending people when there are much graver issues.

The only "hate" involving Donald Trump comes from the violent and irrational people who protest him.

I like Sanders as a person but he has no hope against the establishment. Clinton, whether she should even be allowed to remain in the race or not, will beat Bernie regardless of the will of the Democratic voters.

If Morrissey supports Hillary he might as well go kiss Queen Elizabeth's feet.

Seriously? Are you new here? Please f*** right off.

They are investigating Clinton because they want to damage her politically. They have bragged about hurting her poll numbers with the investigations. If she broke the law and that is all they care about...then they should investigate Powell and Rice. Their blatant hypocrisy aside, it is a waste of tens of millions of dollars for political gain.

I used to frequent M-Solo back in the 90's and argue with right wingers about Clinton scandals and what a disaster Bush would be for the country. The two biggest Republicans of the 90's attacks on Clinton were convicted of child molestation and conspiracy. The democrats may not be the best.....but at least they are only half owned. They still fight for minimum wage, food stamps, safety nets, health care.....while sometimes helping Wall Street corporate interests, and draconian criminal codes. The Conservatives fight to limit or break government and tax breaks that favor the rich at the cost of everyone else. (See Louisiana, Kansas, and still in progress Wisconsin). If they had their way, they would get rid of the public school system and health care system so that a profit could be made off of it.

Liberals wanted the leftist....we got the centrist. Much, much better than the alternative. Vote or we will get another Frat boy in the White House who is ready to launch because a Russian jet did a barrel roll near one of our planes.

Seriously? Are you new here? Please f*** right off.

I'm pretty sure you can see my join date on the left lol.

Morrissey supports Hillary. If your only defence to that is "f*** off" then that's pretty telling.

Morrissey had nothing of substance to say to support his stance and I would certainly be interested to know what he thinks on the matter now.

people in the party, the republican party, did want rice to run and said so very vocally even recently. those same people and party who are running the committee thats dragging out a debate on the email issue thats never been an issue or rule in history before they needed to stop clinton. the same congress that sanders has been in for years. no it wouldnt be an issue for anyone unless it was clinton. did you read the interview where sanders is given free reign to explain his ideas and positions. its pretty sad. can you or anyone say exactly what it is that makes clinton distrustful or unqualified or even state what about her positions are wrong for the nation. i mean how does sanders achieve his plan for free state college as its not in the executive offices power in any way. does any sanders supporter here have an answer for that because making it a part of your presidential platform when you have no power to make it happen is wrong. promising his supporter this is just as bad as trumps vauge assertation that hes gonna somehow make america great again. for the trust me about wmd, thats been proven over and over again to be true and the result of willfully wrong intelligence while the email issue is just made up crap and totally hypocritical. why didnt sanders while in congress, as everyone in congress knows how intelligence is handled and has been forever, say anything about it then or before it benefited him. powels email was a freaking aol account. are you saying that its an issue for the presidential nominee but if your secretary of state its not worth mentioning

The private server for her email is a valid issue. It's a security issue for one thing, and there are thousands of deleted emails. Who knows what she is hiding now? Hillary Clinton is not being picked on. She should have been laughed out of politics for saying that her plane was shot at.

No. I don't think an entire nation should be portrayed as criminals, though.

And do you think Trump makes no sense when he says that the temporary stop on Muslims is necessary until we figure out what's going on?
No, I don't think he makes sense. I don't think an entire religion should be portrayed as criminals. Trump is unlikely to "figure out what is going on." What does that even mean? Remember he is the one who was going to offer proof very soon that Obama was born outside the US? That sort of fell apart. It was just more pandering to the racists.
I don't like Obama. I don't believe in NDAA, or sovereign immunity, most of all. But Trump didn't go after that. He went after the birther thing. Politics in the US is a mess.

They are investigating Clinton because they want to damage her politically. They have bragged about hurting her poll numbers with the investigations. If she broke the law and that is all they care about...then they should investigate Powell and Rice. Their blatant hypocrisy aside, it is a waste of tens of millions of dollars for political gain.

I used to frequent M-Solo back in the 90's and argue with right wingers about Clinton scandals and what a disaster Bush would be for the country. The two biggest Republicans of the 90's attacks on Clinton were convicted of child molestation and conspiracy. The democrats may not be the best.....but at least they are only half owned. They still fight for minimum wage, food stamps, safety nets, health care.....while sometimes helping Wall Street corporate interests, and draconian criminal codes. The Conservatives fight to limit or break government and tax breaks that favor the rich at the cost of everyone else. (See Louisiana, Kansas, and still in progress Wisconsin). If they had their way, they would get rid of the public school system and health care system so that a profit could be made off of it.

Liberals wanted the leftist....we got the centrist. Much, much better than the alternative. Vote or we will get another Frat boy in the White House who is ready to launch because a Russian jet did a barrel roll near one of our planes.

the ending of arbitration is a huge deal for the average person. so were the executive actions that obama took about employees being listed as temporary workers. the aca act for as much as it might be hated by some for insane reasons the response by the gop has been mute even though they said theyd put forth an alternative forever ago. the idea that not having insurance being wrong goes anyone who needs insurance to drive which is very essential to any success here in the us. the clemency deal he wants is only being held up by a republican congress. the gop doomed themselves by backing themselves into a corner with rhetoric and supporting the nutty tea parties financial agenda. in there opposition to obama on anything, such as the america jobs act, and everything they killed there own party. they ignored there own base and all polling believing it didnt matter and b giving themselves no out. when a man at a town hall, a life long republican got to ask cruz a question, he said that with his illness (an illness i only understood while reading what he said, he claimed hed be dead now without the aca and asked what cruz would do for him if he took it away. cruz had nothing. he said a vague one line statement and moved on as quickly as possible. immigration aside, which i think hillary will be much more hawkish on in terms of security and even im not happy about at the moment, trump is addressing the economic problems that democrats and obama have been shouting about forever. the problem is that his solutions are not good for anyone here or in the western hemisphere

for a nice piece on why the republican "establishment" got destroyed in the primary heres an article from business insider

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...nance-has-finally-come-to-politics/ar-BBsErd0

The private server for her email is a valid issue. It's a security issue for one thing, and there are thousands of deleted emails. Who knows what she is hiding now? Hillary Clinton is not being picked on. She should have been laughed out of politics for saying that her plane was shot at.

did you even read the newsweek article because it doesnt sound like you did because it addresses that very question, about the private servers. an effing aol account. powell also talked about deleting emails like everyone, every secretary of state has including rice, has done. there was no rule about servers and its not a valid issue. do you think the administration and congress didnt know about servers or didnt ask. no one cared until they wanted to, when it was beneficial to make an issue out of it. all there fishing for in the email search is something embarrassingly personal which is all theyve printed in the news. hillary had this to say about a certain member of congress, the gossip oh my. how about sanders saying that super delegates should respect the popular vote and now that he has to win every contest left by a landslide and needs them to even have a shot in hell hes reversing and saying they should all come over to him. he cant even stand by what hes said in his own primary campaign and we should trust him to somehow magically make his outlandish plans, that even he cant explain ( in the other article interview that you seem to have not read or are just ignoring ), materialize. ive addressed your questions raised points. will you address mine and tell me how you can vote or support, or even contemplating supporting (i dont even know if you are american), the person who gave those answers

did you even read the newsweek article because it doesnt sound like you did because it addresses that very question, about the private servers. an effing aol account. powell also talked about deleting emails like everyone, every secretary of state has including rice, has done. there was no rule about servers and its not a valid issue. do you think the administration and congress didnt know about servers or didnt ask. no one cared until they wanted to, when it was beneficial to make an issue out of it. all there fishing for in the email search is something embarrassingly personal which is all theyve printed in the news. hillary had this to say about a certain member of congress, the gossip oh my. how about sanders saying that super delegates should respect the popular vote and now that he has to win every contest left by a landslide and needs them to even have a shot in hell hes reversing and saying they should all come over to him. he cant even stand by what hes said in his own primary campaign and we should trust him to somehow magically make his outlandish plans, that even he cant explain ( in the other article interview that you seem to have not read or are just ignoring ), materialize. ive addressed your questions raised points. will you address mine and tell me how you can vote or support, or even contemplating supporting (i dont even know if you are american), the person who gave those answers

No, I don't read Newsweek.
I find Sanders' switch on the super delegate issue to be much more easy to live with than Clinton's switch on marriage equality and other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

No. I don't think an entire nation should be portrayed as criminals, though.

No, I don't think he makes sense. I don't think an entire religion should be portrayed as criminals. Trump is unlikely to "figure out what is going on." What does that even mean? Remember he is the one who was going to offer proof very soon that Obama was born outside the US? That sort of fell apart. It was just more pandering to the racists.
I don't like Obama. I don't believe in NDAA, or sovereign immunity, most of all. But Trump didn't go after that. He went after the birther thing. Politics in the US is a mess.

He didn't portray an entire nation as criminals though. I find that to be disingenuous. His beef is with the American government's incompetence and willingness to be dominated by outside interests more than anything else. There really is no justifying taking in millions of illegals while sending millions of jobs to foreign countries. The bottom line is the bottom line even if Trump hasn't been as elegant as a career politician might be about these issues. But then again, the career politicians duck the real issues anyway. Yes American politics is a mess. So is America. So is the West and quite frankly much of the world right now.

There are a lot of things that need to be figured out. Erring on the side of caution with the Muslim issue considering the security risks and potential for major devastation I think is very reasonable. It's not comfortable for Muslim Westerners who are just as much loyal to their country as the next guy but they should be upset with radical Muslims, not with the steps their government needs to take to try and make sure another 9/11 doesn't happen. Or worse.

The Left wants these issues to be black and white as always. If you don't think illegal aliens should be allowed to stream over the border, you're racist. If you think Islam presents real problems to Western countries, you're Islamophobic. While we sit around castigating each other over micro-aggressions, serious large-scale things are occurring that are threatening our society and our livelihood. The status quo is not working. Discussions need to be had. Actions need to be taken. Trump has said that compromise and working together is on the table as long as it's fair but also that you also must have the ability to walk. The Muslim issue is a complicated one but we know decisions have to be made. We know the way it is being handled has to be addressed. Trump will bring people together to figure out these solutions. It's complicated.

Just because things are messy and complicated it doesn't mean we don't need to look at things realistically, evaluate what is currently going on, and attempt to make changes for the better.

that'd make me happy if moz switched to bernie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom