Police investigating sex attack

"This foreign born former A list singer in a group and solo turned B+ lister iconic singer is being investigated by the police in his native country over a decade old sexual assault allegation. This now aging star is denying the allegation he groped a young male industry insider inside a hotel toilet. It's very bad timing for the outspoken star who has a new album and tour on the way."

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2019/02/blind-item-7_20.html

"This foreign born former A list singer in a group and solo turned B+ lister iconic singer is being investigated by the police in his native country over a decade old sexual assault allegation. This now aging star is denying the allegation he groped a young male industry insider inside a hotel toilet. It's very bad timing for the outspoken star who has a new album and tour on the way."

Is this the only other source that mentions new album and tour on the way? First I saw of it.

Anyways, this is all just speculation at this point and could be anybody. The chances it could be you know who make it not even worth discussing until their identity is made public. Just gossip at this point.

I hope it isn't, but it sounds like Morrissey. Boy George is already touring and doesn't have an album in the works, from what I've seen.
In any case, it sounds like a drunken mistake, not a "sex attack" - and why has it surfaced 10 years later?

I hope it isn't, but it sounds like Morrissey. Boy George is already touring and doesn't have an album in the works, from what I've seen.
In any case, it sounds like a drunken mistake, not a "sex attack" - and why has it surfaced 10 years later?
Loitering in the toilets and grabbing someone coming out of the stalls isn't a drunken mistake but it probably fails to meet most people's standards for "sex attack." It doesn't sound like it's going to set new standards for passion or depravity.
I don't know why this story has surfaced now but it's very common for people to wait decades to tell about a sexual assault. When it's something like this it's embarrassing for both parties. No man wants to go public that some other man tried to molest him in the toilets.
He was probably drunk and too shocked to react at the time. That's fairly common. Then it's too late too do anything really. And most people probably don't do anything about something like that but it's psychologically healing to acknowledge these things. When you keep it a secret it's like you're keeping that other person's secret and that makes you part of it.
And this kind of thing is very different than "making a pass" or being clumsy. Lurking in toilets to grab someone as they leave the stalls isn't some romantic fancy.

Loitering in the toilets and grabbing someone coming out of the stalls isn't a drunken mistake but it probably fails to meet most people's standards for "sex attack." It doesn't sound like it's going to set new standards for passion or depravity.
I don't know why this story has surfaced now but it's very common for people to wait decades to tell about a sexual assault. When it's something like this it's embarrassing for both parties. No man wants to go public that some other man tried to molest him in the toilets.
He was probably drunk and too shocked to react at the time. That's fairly common. Then it's too late too do anything really. And most people probably don't do anything about something like that but it's psychologically healing to acknowledge these things. When you keep it a secret it's like you're keeping that other person's secret and that makes you part of it.
And this kind of thing is very different than "making a pass" or being clumsy. Lurking in toilets to grab someone as they leave the stalls isn't some romantic fancy.

Loitering? Lurking? It's the Mandarin Oriental, not Hampstead Heath. How do we know that he hadn't just been drinking in the hotel bar (possibly with this 'victim', who was introduced by a mutual friend) - gone to the toilet himself, found this acquaintance there and drunkenly made a pass? Before getting rebuffed and leaving in embarrassment.

The idea of Morrissey lying in wait to grab total strangers is absurd - this is a guy who was 34 before he had his first real relationship and had a strange complex/inner conflict/general aversion to intimacy and sex that didn't really seem to pass until he reached middle age. Did he just turn 50 and become a predator?

Next to sue Moz, the bloke who was "grabbed by the gilded beams" in 1987:

Last edited:
Loitering? Lurking? It's the Mandarin Oriental, not Hampstead Heath. How do we know that he hadn't just been drinking in the hotel bar (possibly with this 'victim', who was introduced by a mutual friend) - gone to the toilet himself, found this acquaintance there and drunkenly made a pass? Before getting rebuffed and leaving in embarrassment.

The idea of Morrissey lying in wait to grab total strangers is absurd - this is a guy who was 34 before he had his first real relationship and had a strange complex/inner conflict/general aversion to intimacy and sex that didn't really seem to pass until he reached middle age. Did he just turn 50 and become a predator?

Next to sue Moz, the bloke who was "grabbed by the gilded beams" in 1987:

We could make up any number of stories. But I didn't say "Morrissey" and I don't know who you're quoting because I didn't say "victim," either. Whatever. what was described was not "making a pass," and the person who is grabbed in the toilets is the one who gets to decide if they were assaulted or had a misunderstanding.

We could make up any number of stories. But I didn't say "Morrissey" and I don't know who you're quoting because I didn't say "victim," either. Whatever. what was described was not "making a pass," and the person who is grabbed in the toilets is the one who gets to decide if they were assaulted or had a misunderstanding.

Oh, sorry - I thought you were following on from my earlier comment that it did seem likely to be Morrissey.
I cannot see him doing something like this except through some kind of mistake or misunderstanding.

I’m sorry that happened to you. However I can’t believe you are using how that incident of sexual abuse didn’t traumatize you to rationalize this particular accusation just because Moz might be involved!
I think you're putting two and two together and making 7 1/2. The conversation has moved on. I was replying to Rifke talking about how 'victims' of low-level abuse falsely claim to be traumatised. Anyone familiar with my posts on here knows that I'm the least likely Morrissey apologist. Do try and keep up.

Last edited:

Well the first sentence means it's not him as he's not foreign born unless Manchester has moved to the Artic Circle.

Well the first sentence means it's not him as he's not foreign born unless Manchester has moved to the Artic Circle.
CDAN is an American site so Moz would qualify as foreign born.

CDAN also has a reputation for getting a lot of stuff right.

Also I'm wondering if this might be a reason the new album has had an inexplicable delay.

Oh, sorry - I thought you were following on from my earlier comment that it did seem likely to be Morrissey.
I cannot see him doing something like this except through some kind of mistake or misunderstanding.
I see. The blind item about "former A-list with a group" is the part that sounds most like him. I think that person just took the standard item, which could be totally made up, and added a few details to make it read Morrissey. But the profile isn't him and I kind of doubt the whole story. How would this be known? Why would they hide the identity of the accused?

I see. The blind item about "former A-list with a group" is the part that sounds most like him. I think that person just took the standard item, which could be totally made up, and added a few details to make it read Morrissey. But the profile isn't him and I kind of doubt the whole story. How would this be known? Why would they hide the identity of the accused?
In the UK, in the wake of the Savile case the police were blamed for doing nothing about him for decades. Consequently we had 'Operation Yewtree' - where dozens of famous people were rounded up, named and publicly accused of sexual abuse. Some were genuinely guilty (eg Rolf Harris) but the vast majority were not. For some - Cliff Richard springs to mind - the zealous tabloid pursuit all but destroyed their lives. Now the backlash has swung the other way and there is enormous caution about naming people before they have a genuine case to answer. I'm not sure if in fact the law on naming people has changed as a result but it may have done.

That could be anyone.

In the UK, in the wake of the Savile case the police were blamed for doing nothing about him for decades. Consequently we had 'Operation Yewtree' - where dozens of famous people were rounded up, named and publicly accused of sexual abuse. Some were genuinely guilty (eg Rolf Harris) but the vast majority were not. For some - Cliff Richard springs to mind - the zealous tabloid pursuit all but destroyed their lives. Now the backlash has swung the other way and there is enormous caution about naming people before they have a genuine case to answer. I'm not sure if in fact the law on naming people has changed as a result but it may have done.

Mmmmm I reckon you'd make me some of them biscuits mmmmhmmmm

Who gives a shit? I mean, really...is this what you c***s worry about?

Back
Top Bottom