Plymouth, England - Plymouth Pavilions (Sep. 15, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / My Dearest Love / Now My Heart Is Full / I'm Not A Man / Will Never Marry / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / The Bullfighter Dies / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by @krishanchurch / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester. Correction by Jeff.

Last edited:
RING ! RING !

Hello ?
Oh hi Johnny it's me Silly Steven, I've been thinking . . . Money's tight for all of us why don't we hook up ? Life's to short !

Silly Steven

sorry it was the other way around. moz is the one holding up a reunion as he already turned down the offer made to him and not marr though it was conditional that it include him. despite what johnny says now about not wanting a smiths reunion he wasnt so sure a while ago though hed like people to think so inretrospect.

"Marr says he doesn’t know what the chances are for a Smiths reunion, but he does realize that it would make a lot of fans happy. There were rumors in August of 2007 that Morrissey declined a $75 million offer to reunite with Marr and embark on a global tour as the Smiths (with no mention of bassist Andrew Rourke and drummer Mike Joyce being included in that deal). Marr says he heard the rumors but was never officially approached.
“I have heard that – a few times,” Marr says. “No official offer was ever made to me…But I did hear that, yeah. Nothing really gets off the ground just purely because of money. Certainly, as I see it, so many other things would have to be fixed and we’re just too different to get them fixed, it appears.”

he also seems to egotistically say he ended the smiths despite being unsure about them reuniting now because he was looking out for the other members as individual people. i think it was about him and cocaine but either way he sounds like kinda an ass which is an opinion not unheard by others who have worked with him. great musician but i couldnt see myself wanting to talk to him much. dont think hes worked with them since for whatever reason though of course moz did, and they made money, even when they were suing him in court for other money.

"The Smiths disbanded in 1987 due to tension within the group, specifically between Marr and frontman Morrissey. The singer has stated in previous interviews that Marr was the only member who wanted things to end, to which Marr responds:
“Yes, but … I was the lookout saying, ‘Rocks ahead! Rocks ahead!’ I had the foresight to see disaster looming – both for the individuals, personally, and the band, professionally. I had a lot of insight and wisdom for a 23-year-old.”

yeah and moz is the ego filled difficult one for sure. great musician but he doesnt seem like much of a good person

RING ! RING !

Hello ?
Oh hi Johnny it's me Silly Steven, I've been thinking . . . Money's tight for all of us why don't we hook up ? Life's to short !

Silly Steven

damon actually dials the phone and makes a small preamble before handing the phone to moz.

Sweet and Tender Hooligan has been sung at least twice in the past two years. Do keep up, and stop whinging.

Bermondsey Billy

It was played here in Sydney in 2012 as the final song.

Yes, and every individual wants something else. How many songs should he play? 30? Just to make sure that he pleases just EVERYONE in the audience. Apart from that, he played I Have Forgiven Jesus during the 2014 US-tour.

America is Not The World

I remember in '92, I think I paid $21. Later in '97, I believe it was around $28 (maybe $30-38 - can't remember, really). In 2007-2009 I paid about $54 (?). This last time I paid $134.

Like with anything else prices rise, but when I think about how much I paid for tickets to see The Stones, $134 isn't bad at all! I guess what I'm saying is, I don't find his ticket prices outrageous. It's not like people are going to a club to see an up and coming new band who happen to have a top 10 song in the charts at the moment. Morrissey is an icon. He's well worth it.

Nothing against your post, by the way! Please keep in mind this is just my opinion...which is only useful to me and completely useless to everyone else! :) I just find the constant cry about high ticket prices a little odd, that's all, so I felt like chiming in...

Good point about his iconography. Crosby, Stills and Nash are charging around £75 at the mo in the UK

But he also is meant to appeal to the disposessed, teenagers, students etc etc. I cant see how charging top whack for tickets enables a lot of the people he insinuates to attend his gigs

- - - Updated - - -

Basically it's become a pub rock nostalgia act/performance,. We can't even afford a decent video camera. "More grist for the mill ! "

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Is that referring to his infamous salt shaking assistant?

I am so glad that Morrissey tours and I don't care what the set list is , I really enjoy watching him sing. He really has become much more open, I was shocked to see him at a movie premiere. I hope the book does well, looking forward to it.

London ticket = £74.90

compared to...

Budapest ticket = £23.15
Hotel (cheap, dead centre, shared bathroom but i'll survive, 2xnights) = £36.47
Return Flight = £30.87

= £90.49 (concert plus mini-break) vs £74.90 (ticket only)

Use your heads please people

Good point about his iconography. Crosby, Stills and Nash are charging around £75 at the mo in the UK

But he also is meant to appeal to the disposessed, teenagers, students etc etc. I cant see how charging top whack for tickets enables a lot of the people he insinuates to attend his gigs

- - - Updated - - -

Is that referring to his infamous salt shaking assistant?

maybe a very long time ago in the smiths perhaps buthe grew out of that image again a very long time ago

B- sides and oddments from 'Ringleader' and 'years...' Can't be the way to go can it?

Infact I'd exchange smiths era for the sake of getting some extra bona drag/viva/uncle into the set.

I saw it at the Niagara Falls show in 2012. The tour starting cancelling right after it.

Thanks for posting, it was great to see it, I don't think it's been done in the uk or Ireland lately, certainly not at any of the many gigs I've been to, the main point was he's got such a amazing back catologue and most of it seems to be neglected

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting, it was great to see it, I don't think it's been done in the uk or Ireland lately, certainly not at any of the many gigs I've been to, the main point was he's got such a amazing back catologue and most of it seems to be neglected

It was a shit gig for me personally. We got stuck in traffic and didn't get parked and into the venue until Moz had already started. Was hard finding a good place to stand. But the encore made everything worth it.

London ticket = £74.90

compared to...

Budapest ticket = £23.15
Hotel (cheap, dead centre, shared bathroom but i'll survive, 2xnights) = £36.47
Return Flight = £30.87

= £90.49 (concert plus mini-break) vs £74.90 (ticket only)

Use your heads please people

See that's value. See a beautiful city. drink cheap beer and watch moz in I would assume a more intimate venue. Def better all round

The beer and girls are much cheaper in Budapest. I'm not sure why anyone would bother to go to London.

Did anyone grab a picture of the merch?
Same as the UK shows earlier this year?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom