Plymouth, England - Plymouth Pavilions (Sep. 15, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / My Dearest Love / Now My Heart Is Full / I'm Not A Man / Will Never Marry / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / The Bullfighter Dies / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by @krishanchurch / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester. Correction by Jeff.

Last edited:
I reckon ya'll I came a long way for this gig. I wanted to see where the Mayflower was built and where it set forth in it's voyage to America loaded with Brit immigrants to settle in the Ozarks, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas...etc and become NASCAR drivers and own BBQ restaurants in Mississippi..etc. Me and me chap asked around and none of the bad teeth Brits knew anything about the Mayflower and Plymouth rock. I was shocked that this important historical event in Brit history was never taught to you lots in Brit schools. I did find one Brit that I could swear had wooden dentures for teeth and looked just like that hick in the Simpsons with 20 kids and he told me that there is a Mayflower statue in Southern Hampton, wherever that is.

This converted Costco was not even half full. I was really hoping for the entire Brit Morrissey concert experience like in Rank, but I was really disappointed, at least a Kickball riot didn't break out. Where was the Mexican flag on the amps? Why didn't the accordion guy sing Speedway in Spanish for 30 seconds? It was really surreal not being surrounded by Mexicans, but kind of refreshing.

Who is "they're" in that Brit that he said is going to be assassinated. Who is going to assassinate him..."The Orange Order"?

Well, thankfully we are skipping Hole and seeing the two gigs in London and a trip to a "beach resort" called Born Mouth.

Last edited:
But those eight different songs on last nights set are all songs that he's played regularly over the last few years, it's the same bunch of songs just moved about a bit, I would love to hear songs like Alsatian cousin, our frank, sweet and tender hooligan, late night, maudlin street, sister I'm a poet and many others, he probably hasn't played those songs for a couple of decades

Sweet and Tender Hooligan has been sung at least twice in the past two years. Do keep up, and stop whinging.

Bermondsey Billy

I rather liked them although not at first. He's looking and sounding great. :guitar:

cant say i did. maybe they were a reference to something but i didnt really care for them. hes good looking and looks better in the shirt above imo, hes certainly sounding great though

New backdrop no. 1 from Rubble Kings (documentary, 2015)

CO-TgWRWUAAdgil.jpg

CO-aCAAUkAAAZEQ.jpg

New backdrop no. 2

CPBU0DKU8AAgx9c.jpg

CPBUz6hUYAAXJDw.jpg

By the way, do we already know who the person in this backdrop is? I think it was first used at the FYF Fest and yesterday again.

CNNBmnkXAAAGs1F.jpg

I reckon ya'll I came a long way for this gig. I wanted to see where the Mayflower was built and where it set forth in it's voyage to America loaded with Brit immigrants to settle in the Ozarks, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas...etc and become NASCAR drivers and own BBQ restaurants in Mississippi..etc. Me and me chap asked around and none of the bad teeth Brits knew anything about the Mayflower and Plymouth rock. I was shocked that this important historical event in Brit history was never taught to you lots in Brit schools. I did find one Brit that I could swear had wooden dentures for teeth and looked just like that hick in the Simpsons with 20 kids and he told me that there is a Mayflower statue in Southern Hampton, wherever that is.

This converted Costco was not even half full. I was really hoping for the entire Brit Morrissey concert experience like in Rank, but I was really disappointed, at least a Kickball riot didn't break out. Where was the Mexican flag on the amps? Why didn't the accordion guy sing Speedway in Spanish for 30 seconds? It was really surreal not being surrounded by Mexicans, but kind of refreshing.

Who is "they're" in that Brit that he said is going to be assassinated. Who is going to assassinate him..."The Orange Order"?

Well, thankfully we are skipping Hole and seeing the two gigs in London and a trip to a "beach resort" called Born Mouth.

Have fun :thumb:

But those eight different songs on last nights set are all songs that he's played regularly over the last few years, it's the same bunch of songs just moved about a bit, I would love to hear songs like Alsatian cousin, our frank, sweet and tender hooligan, late night, maudlin street, sister I'm a poet and many others, he probably hasn't played those songs for a couple of decades

Hear hear. or even some otheR 'hits' eg Boxers, Sunny, Intereting Drug (relevant at this time), I Have Forgiven Jesus, The a more You Ignore Me. Such a rich back catalogue being criminally ignored. Such is the way with Moz but half-full crowds indicate audiences want a bit more for their 50 plus quid

Hear hear. or even some otheR 'hits' eg Boxers, Sunny, Intereting Drug (relevant at this time), I Have Forgiven Jesus, The a more You Ignore Me. Such a rich back catalogue being criminally ignored. Such is the way with Moz but half-full crowds indicate audiences want a bit more for their 50 plus quid

Yes, and every individual wants something else. How many songs should he play? 30? Just to make sure that he pleases just EVERYONE in the audience. Apart from that, he played I Have Forgiven Jesus during the 2014 US-tour.

I take it you didn't attend this gig then and all this is just you telling lies again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PReyZQSAABM

Yes, and every individual wants something else. How many songs should he play? 30? Just to make sure that he pleases just EVERYONE in the audience.

I believe the point is that the setlist is a bit tired. For instance, why must ".....Paris" be trotted out nearly every night for 8 years now. Nice little song the first 200 times it was played, but come on. And are "Mama...." and "....Far off Places" really necessary when so many truly great songs remain on the shelf and so much of the set is WP songs?

And is anyone walking into the venue saying "I hope he plays my favorite Smiths song "Meat is Murder" again this time!"?

Last edited:
i like it, your perspective. ya know a fan perspective and im happy to hear you had a good time.

ticket prices for concerts across the board went up significantly since then and i believe there have been many articles about the subject since then though i could be wrong. part of it i think has been that labels are looking for a percentage of touring profits and one way to do this is to increase prices as if the promoters loose money then they cant pay the artists fees and if they cant pay the fee the they dont always get the quality and draws they want in order to maintain there profit lines. if the labels dont find a way to make up there money lose then they sign less and promote the there artists less which is the drive of the whole issue. so they raise the ticket prices and it has a ripple effect that i dont know where it will end. also growing financial inequality at least here has been a factor as they sell less tickets to the masses who have less disposable income. the rise of secondary markets is also an issue. they state variations of reasons on the subject

some articles on the subject

concert tickets could rise
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/concert_ticket_prices_could_ri.html

why are tickets for rock concerts so high
http://www.artsjournal.com/worth/2013/04/why-are-tickets-for-rock-concerts-so-expensive/

rockonomics: usa todays view
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tickets-resellers-editorials-debates/2633507/

Since Clear Channel started buying up the industry, the average concert ticket price has risen by one-third. The sharp increase was so alarming..
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123742

someone told me the abc article didnt work but i think the site was under work so it should work now

Have attended most Moz gigs in the south/south west/london etc for the last 10-12 years. Saw him at Bournemouth on the last dates, and saw him at Plymouth 4 years ago (great gig)
Sat this one out, a tough call, but midweek hotel, travel, and £52 a ticket (that's the rub) was just too much. Judging by the responses here, I don't think I missed a classic show.
Roll on next couple of months, will catch Johnny Marr and Richard Hawley, not forgetting the mighty Smyths at Bournemouth Firestation

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I do! Although I generally prefer Morrisseys solo stuff I do walk in wanting to hear meat is murder. The song and the video I feel are so important and well I don't really need to justify...... I just love watching him sing it and I've seen him many times so have had plenty of time to get bored of it but it is still a highlight for me.

As far as the half full venue last night is concerned...let's put it into context...a Tuesday night, deep in the South West...not an obvious heartland for Morrissey. If, like Bournemouth earlier in the year, it had been on a Saturday, it would have been much better attended. l'd have gone, but a nine hour round trip on a school night...logistically, not possible. Maybe a miscalculation on SJM's part. Hull is sold out, Sunday's show is down to rear circle standing...so the picture is nowhere, nowhere as black as it is being painted here, yet again.

As far as the setlist goes, it has actually changed pretty significantly since March. I'd love Billy Budd to return, but it's unreasonable to expect the shows to adhere to a never-the-same-set-twice rule. Personally, I'm looking forward to My Dearest Love, Will Never Marry and Far Off Places...

SOSB

I believe the point is that the setlist is a bit tired. For instance, why must ".....Paris" be trotted out nearly every night for 8 years now. Nice little song the first 200 times it was played, but come on. And are "Mama...." and "....Far off Places" really necessary when so many truly great songs remain on the shelf and so much of the set is WP songs?

And is anyone walking into the venue saying "I hope he plays my favorite Smiths song "Meat is Murder" again this time!"?

Why constantly asking questions that no one of us can answer? THAT is really annoying. Moz is 56 years old and plays the songs that he wants. Period. You can write over and over again on a fansite that you don't want to hear Paris, it won't change anything. The song remains in the setlist. I'm sure there are many people who aren't happy with the setlist (that's true for almost every artist) but there were many tweets from people who enjoyed the show and the songs that were played. What about them? Anyway, I am glad that he played Will Never Marry, My Dearest Love, Now My Heart Is Full and Ganglord. And I am also glad that he plays I'm Not A Man, Staircase, Istanbul and finally Oboe Concerto. When I think about it, right now I would love to hear Art-Hounds and Drag The River more than anything else.

And he probably hasn't played those songs for a couple of decades FOR A REASON. We don't know and we will never know. It's his prerogative to do so.
What a waste of a post, he "probably" hasn't played those songs for a reason, but we don't know the reason and never will? Well thanks for that useless piece of non information

Have attended most Moz gigs in the south/south west/london etc for the last 10-12 years. Saw him at Bournemouth on the last dates, and saw him at Plymouth 4 years ago (great gig)
Sat this one out, a tough call, but midweek hotel, travel, and £52 a ticket (that's the rub) was just too much. Judging by the responses here, I don't think I missed a classic show.
Roll on next couple of months, will catch Johnny Marr and Richard Hawley, not forgetting the mighty Smyths at Bournemouth Firestation

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I do! Although I generally prefer Morrisseys solo stuff I do walk in wanting to hear meat is murder. The song and the video I feel are so important and well I don't really need to justify...... I just love watching him sing it and I've seen him many times so have had plenty of time to get bored of it but it is still a highlight for me.

Umm I wrote the second half of that about Meat is murder and not the top half about the Smyth's etc. Thanks.

RING ! RING !

Hello ?
Oh hi Johnny it's me Silly Steven, I've been thinking . . . Money's tight for all of us why don't we hook up ? Life's to short !

Silly Steven

Morrissey is in control of what he sets for his fee. Then the promoter, upon agreeing to it, decides how much they need to charge per ticket to cover that fee, plus all other expenses (venue rental, security, promotion, etc.), and still make a profit. This is the role of a promoter - to take care of the minutia.

Morrissey is not paid on a percentage of the door. He makes the same whether there are 2000 or 5000 people there.

Morrissey ticket prices are high because his fee is high. Because it's really the only way he's making much money these days.

I remember in '92, I think I paid $21. Later in '97, I believe it was around $28 (maybe $30-38 - can't remember, really). In 2007-2009 I paid about $54 (?). This last time I paid $134.

Like with anything else prices rise, but when I think about how much I paid for tickets to see The Stones, $134 isn't bad at all! I guess what I'm saying is, I don't find his ticket prices outrageous. It's not like people are going to a club to see an up and coming new band who happen to have a top 10 song in the charts at the moment. Morrissey is an icon. He's well worth it.

Nothing against your post, by the way! Please keep in mind this is just my opinion...which is only useful to me and completely useless to everyone else! :) I just find the constant cry about high ticket prices a little odd, that's all, so I felt like chiming in...

Dear Johnny, Mike and Andy !
It's looking like Pansy Pete is done for ! When the desperate call comes, promise us you'll tell him to get 4ckd .

Benny-the-British-Butcher

By the way, do we already know who the person in this backdrop is? I think it was first used at the FYF Fest and yesterday again.

CNNBmnkXAAAGs1F.jpg

Hmmm - I suspect it's one of the skanky ho's that 'SER' regularly uses in his films/photography?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom