Plymouth, England - Plymouth Pavilions (Sep. 15, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / My Dearest Love / Now My Heart Is Full / I'm Not A Man / Will Never Marry / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / The Bullfighter Dies / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by @krishanchurch / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester. Correction by Jeff.

Last edited:
Attendance at Hull should be fairly decent, as it's the only date in the North, and none in Scotland, so I expect a fair few people from Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh etc will make the trek.
London is shaping up to be a bit of an embarrassment. And yes - Morrissey IS ultimately responsible for setting the ticket prices. The idea that he is somehow a puppet of promoters and venues, with absolutely no say in which venues he wants to book, and how much money he wants to make, is laughable. Morrissey is the ultimate control freak, and in complete control of what shows he chooses to book.

Hull is sold out now. This tour is being promoted by SJM promotions, take a look at this. I doubt very much that Morrissey sets the prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Moran

Yes I'm a bit pissed that the set list is so similar to March. I went to the Birmingham gig in March and am at the 2nd Hammersmith gig (might be lonely, seeing as standing tickets are still available)

Probably going to be my last Morrissey gig for a while until he, 1 - brings out new material, 2 - announces a greatest hits tour, 3 - does one of those gigs where they play a couple of albums in their entirety. Saw the Bunnymen do this with Ocean Rain - 1st set, Greatest hits, 2nd set, Ocean Rain with full orchestra and they filled an arena with that gig.

I love the Bunnymen! I had a t-shirt of theirs in black and white back in the haties where the band was walking together across a hill or something and he had bunny ears on. I saw them with The Psychedelic Furs in Las Vegas and it was one of my favorite concerts of all time...including Morrissey. They each played a large number of their hits and seemed fine doing it. Morrissey has such a deep, rich catalog of excellent tunes that have not been overly exposed like a Pretty in Pink or Bring on the Dancing Horses. Yet he is firmly set on playing mostly new stuff. There must be something about being viewed as a nostalgia act that puts him off exploring more crowd friendly tunes. I wish he would reconsider, or at least come out with a pop/rock album and leave the mariachi music where it belongs...off the stage and in Mexican restaurants (where I actually quite enjoy it) :)

And yes - Morrissey IS ultimately responsible for setting the ticket prices. The idea that he is somehow a puppet of promoters and venues, with absolutely no say in which venues he wants to book, and how much money he wants to make, is laughable.

Morrissey is in control of what he sets for his fee. Then the promoter, upon agreeing to it, decides how much they need to charge per ticket to cover that fee, plus all other expenses (venue rental, security, promotion, etc.), and still make a profit. This is the role of a promoter - to take care of the minutia.

Morrissey is not paid on a percentage of the door. He makes the same whether there are 2000 or 5000 people there.

Morrissey ticket prices are high because his fee is high. Because it's really the only way he's making much money these days.

Morrissey is in control of what he sets for his fee. Then the promoter, upon agreeing to it, decides how much they need to charge per ticket to cover that fee, plus all other expenses (venue rental, security, promotion, etc.), and still make a profit. This is the role of a promoter - to take care of the minutia.

Morrissey is not paid on a percentage of the door. He makes the same whether there are 2000 or 5000 people there.

Morrissey ticket prices are high because his fee is high. Because it's really the only way he's making much money these days.

his fee is high and they decide to book him because they believe they can cover costs and make money off of that booking which they regularly do. if they didnt theyd book someone else. he charges what he can get and so do they. paul weller probably cant get what he can in as many places or doesnt have the cost overhead that mozs roadshow does (i dont knwo how many people he employs. he proably doesnt play in as many places or as much which costs him less. he doesnt have the same international recognition to make that travel possible

moz does get a cut of the gate after a certain attendance level has been met.

interesting, must be in his contract but ive no idea about that. could be but id have to see the specifics of the contract to say i believe it. if true it only reinfoorces the confidence the place and promotors have in his draw

This could very well be. Some performance contracts are structured with these accelerator payments once the venue reaches 80%, 85%, etc. capacity.

its sop after a certain level of tix sales is met, there is a split. thats why moz was whining about his manager giving away free passes to the hollywood dvd show.
if he recieved a straight fee he wouldnt care about such a thing.

Doesn't matter half full, sold out, he had fun, crowd had fun , and he knows he is smokin hot.

In 2009 Moz' ticket prices were quite resonable. I doubt that Moz is in a great position today to demand this high fees everyone is talking about. And you forgot to mention that promoters also have to calculate the risk of possible losses which include not sold out shows and not happening shows (for whatever reason). And we all know that Moz' track record isn't very good in that regard.

How about some actual gig reports - videos etc. We don't want to read more sarcastic (and unfunny) crap from Benny.
Any support act? Pre show footage etc etc etc?

Mozzer's cat

I can assure you, I'm not Benny. I'm George. I am from Oregon, USA, and what I said was in response to "What does Morrissey sing at the end of Every Day is Like Sunday?" He sings "More grist for the mill." He has for quite a while now.

If I were Benny, I would have said "Win yourself a cheese tray- share some baked brie with me you 4king crankfraud- Now where did I put my lithium? Oh well. I'll just make eleven more posts to Morrissey-solo and then take a break for five minutes before I do it all over again."

Damn, he looks so good. Nice shirt choices, the green is his color. I heard that no blue roses or stage invasions were requested. How was he?

No, I was there. I heard he requested blue roses and stage invasions.

He has been told to stop playing the Queen is Dead in the UK by the palace.

If he choices to not comply the show will be immediately stopped.

Morrissey needs to grow up and start to honour the longest serving Queen

You need to grow up and realize what a juvenile concept a monarchy is.

Doesn't matter half full, sold out, he had fun, crowd had fun , and he knows he is smokin hot.

i doubt moz can have fun after watching all those empty seats. each one represents a quid flying away.
i would suppose his refuge after the gig is to have damon pull out the vodka.

i like it, your perspective. ya know a fan perspective and im happy to hear you had a good time.

ticket prices for concerts across the board went up significantly since then and i believe there have been many articles about the subject since then though i could be wrong. part of it i think has been that labels are looking for a percentage of touring profits and one way to do this is to increase prices as if the promoters loose money then they cant pay the artists fees and if they cant pay the fee the they dont always get the quality and draws they want in order to maintain there profit lines. if the labels dont find a way to make up there money lose then they sign less and promote the there artists less which is the drive of the whole issue. so they raise the ticket prices and it has a ripple effect that i dont know where it will end. also growing financial inequality at least here has been a factor as they sell less tickets to the masses who have less disposable income. the rise of secondary markets is also an issue. they state variations of reasons on the subject

some articles on the subject

concert tickets could rise
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/concert_ticket_prices_could_ri.html

why are tickets for rock concerts so high
http://www.artsjournal.com/worth/2013/04/why-are-tickets-for-rock-concerts-so-expensive/

rockonomics: usa todays view
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tickets-resellers-editorials-debates/2633507/

Since Clear Channel started buying up the industry, the average concert ticket price has risen by one-third. The sharp increase was so alarming..
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123742

I was at both Dublin and Glasgow gigs,was also at Plymouth last night and there are EIGHT songs on last nights set list that were not played last December or in March.I think the likliehood of a twenty song switch is not going to happen for a variety of reasons but an eight song switch is more than reasonable in my opinion.I've seen Johnny Marr a few times and he definitely doesn't rotate his set list half as much as Moz,if at all.Top gig last night by the way!

But those eight different songs on last nights set are all songs that he's played regularly over the last few years, it's the same bunch of songs just moved about a bit, I would love to hear songs like Alsatian cousin, our frank, sweet and tender hooligan, late night, maudlin street, sister I'm a poet and many others, he probably hasn't played those songs for a couple of decades

moz should consider reserving a block of tix to be sold to his strongest supporters thru tty, at reduced prices.
his strongest supporters being the blue rose society, it would mean a block of one ticket total.

But those eight different songs on last nights set are all songs that he's played regularly over the last few years, it's the same bunch of songs just moved about a bit, I would love to hear songs like Alsatian cousin, our frank, sweet and tender hooligan, late night, maudlin street, sister I'm a poet and many others, he probably hasn't played those songs for a couple of decades

probably because he doesnt care for them as much. at least right now. im guessing he doesnt take into consideration much audience reaction when picking a setlist which i like. its like when ryan adms asked the audience what do you want to hear and they all shouted and he said to bad. i thought good for him

And he probably hasn't played those songs for a couple of decades FOR A REASON. We don't know and we will never know. It's his prerogative to do so.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom