Please tell me JJ's ban is a timeout

A troll is someone who makes repeated posts knowing they will wind someone up, but post them anyway.

Which also applys to a certain job title beginning with 'm' apparently.

mmmmmmmm. Like "m"orrissey?

That's a dirty job but someone has to do it, too.

Or, do they?:D

Hmmm, Morrissey would make a good moderator.
He wouldn't tell you you were banned, he'd just stop responding. Maybe he'd leave a note on your windscreen.

Actually, that sounds like the perfect moderator.

Morrissey makes a good troll, actually. I get bent out of shape every time he says there's nothing good about new music even though I know he doesn't mean it.

Hmmm, Morrissey would make a good moderator.
He wouldn't tell you you were banned, he'd just stop responding. Maybe he'd leave a note on your windscreen.

Actually, that sounds like the perfect moderator.

:p ...And noone would ever notice because he'd never ever have responded in the first place!

He'd be totally indifferent and invisible.

A very quiet "type". :thumb:

Oh and, he'd ban soloers... via True-to-you!

"Julia, tell the insufferable so-and-so that I don't like them and that they're banned from Msolo. Cheers. Yours insanely, Modmoz. "

I prefer the theory that solo is an illuminati front and that Kewpie actually is Morrissey working to right the wrongs of the world through the medium of moderating, but he lost his shit with JJ because he's sexually frustrated and need to bonk a lady so bad it's making him pissy. :thumb:

I heard he got banned for posting this picture :eek:

643521.jpg

That was just the theory I put out there not paying attention to the baby hitler thing which I didn't find offensive at the time and failed to consider. I was wrong. This is the second time I've been wrong about something in my life. Pardon me. :p

why? JJ is a much loved contributor to this site, he has been banned for nothing in my opinion.

JJ is a great contributor to the site, always helpful when people ask questions, welcoming to new members and a great bloke all round (the times ive met him)

Its just a pity that as always the people in charge win and the ones who are innocent get shit on
Good points
I guess you can post the pic as long as you don't say it's Kewpie? Who knows.
So it seems. A baby= kewpie, worth remembering.

It's unfair to issue a warning to one user, but give another user sanctuary by moving his comment into the Pigsty. This is obvious, isn't it?

Furthermore, we're told the TOS applies in the Pigsty just as it does on the rest of the site, so why should any post be more tolerated there than here? (That the TOS precludes all of the listed behaviors for which the Pigsty is intended is a contradiction that somehow goes uncommented upon, which is perhaps polite, since this contradiction gives away that the people making up the rules here aren't very bright.)

You've just issued a warning to me because I told Cornelius Blaze (poor tattletale!) that he must have been called a "lickspittle" once or twice before in his life (he was celebrating Jukebox Jury's ban and dismissing Kewpie's critics--these are almost the only kinds of posts that he makes). He was furthermore taunting a member who could no longer reply.

Did you issue a warning to him, as well, for his baiting of Jukebox Jury? Of course not.

Consistency: the mods here should give it a try, at some point. You've got nothing better to do, since there aren't enough posts on this forum to even justify having multiple moderators.

How ridiculous, a warning for saying lickspittle......you could say alot worse.

You've just issued a warning to me because I told Cornelius Blaze (poor tattletale!) that he must have been called a "lickspittle" once or twice before in his life

nah, i didn't though...get your facts right. Maybe you are being watched by the moderators.

(he was celebrating Jukebox Jury's ban and dismissing Kewpie's critics--these are almost the only kinds of posts that he makes). He was furthermore taunting a member who could no longer reply.

If users want to complain about me having an opinion about JJ; go ahead and comment or report it, it's their choice.

Did you issue a warning to him, as well, for his baiting of Jukebox Jury? Of course not.

Pls see above.

Jukebox got a previous time out and now a ban for harassment of users here. I think people should deal with it and move on.

Jukebox got a previous time out and now a ban for harassment of users here. I think people should deal with it and move on.

I just checked my email on my yahoo account and there's a box of things "Trending Now" and a list of names like Tiger Woods and Steven Tyler and Jessica Alba. I seriously was taken aback for a second that "Jukebox Jury" wasn't on the list. :p I need to get a life.

I just checked my email on my yahoo account and there's a box of things "Trending Now" and a list of names like Tiger Woods and Steven Tyler and Jessica Alba. I seriously was taken aback for a second that "Jukebox Jury" wasn't on the list. :p I need to get a life.

Maybe now Jukebox can take up golf or sex addiction just like Woods.

It's unfair to issue a warning to one user, but give another user sanctuary by moving his comment into the Pigsty. This is obvious, isn't it?

Furthermore, we're told the TOS applies in the Pigsty just as it does on the rest of the site, so why should any post be more tolerated there than here? (That the TOS precludes all of the listed behaviors for which the Pigsty is intended is a contradiction that somehow goes uncommented upon, which is perhaps polite, since this contradiction gives away that the people making up the rules here aren't very bright.)

You've just issued a warning to me because I told Cornelius Blaze (poor tattletale!) that he must have been called a "lickspittle" once or twice before in his life (he was celebrating Jukebox Jury's ban and dismissing Kewpie's critics--these are almost the only kinds of posts that he makes). He was furthermore taunting a member who could no longer reply.

Consistency: the mods here should give it a try, at some point. You've got nothing better to do, since there aren't enough posts on this forum to even justify having multiple moderators.

CB didn't report the post. I found it myself.
I gave you warning to let you know that those are the types of posts that lead to infractions and bannings but honestly, I am pretty sure you are a banned user who has returned and I'm just waiting for the proof or for you to repeat your actions. In your 14 posts at the time of this response you have contributed nothing, you have done some borderline trolling and you revealed that you know an awful lot about this website, the nature of specific users, the ethnicity of the site owner and an overall level of comfort that is not common of new users.

So did you get treated differently than people who have a history of being positive contributors and were venting genuine frustration toward the banning of someone they know? 100%.

New users and suspicious users get very little slack. That's the way it works. I won't apologize that you disagree with this policy. You have some choices. Accept it and understand that this is just how it is or you could just leave the site because it makes you unhappy or you could argue your points for the next 100 years. It really doesn't matter to me which you choose. I can assure you that arguing will be the least effective and most frustrating choice but to each their own.

Maybe now Jukebox can take up golf or sex addiction just like Woods.

Tiger Woods plays golf? I bet he just told his wife that so he could boink strippers. I'd be surprised if he can actually play.

You've just issued a warning to me because I told Cornelius Blaze (poor tattletale!) that he must have been called a "lickspittle" once or twice before in his life.

:bow::bow:all part of the vernacular indeed. You have managed to apply two phenomenally good, but rarely used words in one sentence Sport : lickspittle and tattletale (the Scottish equivalent of the latter is 'tell tale tit' i believe). Let's raise the bar with this thread and make it educational - no name calling unless names are archaic or seldom used words from which we can improve our vocabulary.;)

New users and suspicious users get very little slack. That's the way it works. I won't apologize that you disagree with this policy.

I can say this because it's the Pigsty: that attitude is a f***ing joke.

Last time I checked, these forums aren't a private members club.

Are the mods on this site deliberately trying to put off new users?
Because for all the world that's what it looks like.

It's to be hoped that your fear of new people doesn't translate in real life.

I can say this because it's the Pigsty: that attitude is a f***ing joke.

Last time I checked, these forums aren't a private members club.

Are the mods on this site deliberately trying to put off new users?
Because for all the world that's what it looks like.

It's to be hoped that your fear of new people doesn't translate in real life.

It's not a joke. It's also not something that I would be bothered by outside the pigsty. I respect your opinion and I don't feel like you were attacking me or trying to get me riled up.

Most of the problems caused by users are new users or returning trolls. You've been around a long time. You are a user that has never been the center of any problems that I can remember. I'd give you a lot more leeway than I would someone like Sport. Sport is already arguing the disparity between the way some users get treated so I told him I'm not about to apologize that this is the way things work.

CB didn't report the post. I found it myself.
I gave you warning to let you know that those are the types of posts that lead to infractions and bannings but honestly, I am pretty sure you are a banned user who has returned and I'm just waiting for the proof or for you to repeat your actions. In your 14 posts at the time of this response you have contributed nothing, you have done some borderline trolling and you revealed that you know an awful lot about this website, the nature of specific users, the ethnicity of the site owner and an overall level of comfort that is not common of new users.

So did you get treated differently than people who have a history of being positive contributors and were venting genuine frustration toward the banning of someone they know? 100%.

New users and suspicious users get very little slack. That's the way it works. I won't apologize that you disagree with this policy. You have some choices. Accept it and understand that this is just how it is or you could just leave the site because it makes you unhappy or you could argue your points for the next 100 years. It really doesn't matter to me which you choose. I can assure you that arguing will be the least effective and most frustrating choice but to each their own.

Dayuuum. I wish the real Pope took a stand and stated his case on controversial matters as suscinctly as the Whiskey Pope. :p

nah, i didn't though...get your facts right. Maybe you are being watched by the moderators.

If users want to complain about me having an opinion about JJ; go ahead and comment or report it, it's their choice.

Pls see above.

Wrong, one user. Kewpie.

Back
Top Bottom