Please sum up the Morrissey controversy

Critics have labelled Morrissey as "racist" but he has denied this. He has given support to the For Britain Movement led by ex-UKIP leadership candidate Anne Marie Waters, and wore one of their badges. For Britain have ethnic minority members but are anti-Islam. Personally speaking I am against Islamist terrorists like ISIS and extremists like Anjem Choudary and while some Muslims are pro-British and have supported UKIP, there is a serious problem in this country of the grooming of young white English girls as recognised by Sajid Javid.

“I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne Marie Waters," said Morrissey :"It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope. I find the Tory-Labour-Tory-Labour constant switching to be pointless.

“For Britain has received no media support and have even been dismissed with the usual childish ‘racist’ accusation. I don’t think the word ‘racist’ has any meaning any more, other than to say “you don’t agree with me, so you’re a racist.” People can be utterly, utterly stupid."

"I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.”

"In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security. That party is For Britain.”

- NME, 6 June 2018

View attachment 50945

View attachment 50949

View attachment 50950

View attachment 50951

View attachment 50952

View attachment 50946

View attachment 50947

"We'll let you know...we are the last truly British people you will ever know."

This British Citizen and ex-Muslim of Pakistani origin was nearly beaten to death outside his home for leaving Islam. He now supports Morrissey's For Britain party:

The funniest part of this is “Morrissey’s For Britain party”.

Not one who follows the political news closely, and one not so familiar with UK politics; compressed, what has Morrissey said/done that has caused the "rasicst" label?

Just read through the interview that the bulk of this “controversy” is supposedly stemming from.

What I saw was a fairly milquetoast, sometimes centrist, take on political issues (notwithstanding his staunch take on animal rights).

Stepping back from the interview, what I have observed in internet and corporate media discourse over the past few years is the absolute intolerance for anything but one political party. THE party. To have any other opinion is to face allegations of racism from the mono-thought culture.

It’s truly preposterous. Despite how hard they yell, name call, and attempt to deplatform, it does not alter the reality that there is more than one viable political party. 3rd parties at some point in time become a contending 2nd party. It’s just disingenuous gatekeeping to imply otherwise.

It also lacks logic and nuance. Consider the current hate scare regarding LGBT rights in the UK. Concerns have been raised such as specific education in grade schools. It is perplexing that one of the main voices of concern in this matter is the Muslim family (along with potentially the classic Catholic family, etc).

Yet, in the artificial and forced allegiance of ideals, the LGBT and Islamic banners are raised as shields or tokens of THE party. Two groups fundamentally at odds on certain critical points. And that’s fine, that’s life — it’s complicated.

But it’s never portrayed as such when being used as a tool to silence opposition. There is only ONE choice. Everything else is hateful, despite the obvious contradictions.

If anything, Morrissey can be considered “guilty” of making some race-realism comments. He also makes ‘realism’ comments of all kinds, and always has.

They are just opinions — It’s OK to have them; and it’s OK to have more than one party. It’s OK to be white. Its OK to be a POC. It’s OK to be western. It’s OK to be eastern. It’s OK to like your culture. It’s OK to be from another culture.

Personally, I have never been a fan of the defacto two party system. I truly despise corporate media and the entrenched political parties. When a group or entity is from outside the establishment, I’m happy to consider the opinion, often regardless of what it is, far more than I am to accept being spoon fed.

All the faults aside, Morrissey deserves so much more than the slander he is currently receiving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom