Participants = 33 validated people, comprising:
27 members
6 'anons'

Thanks to all who took part :thumb:

scoresStreet.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a graph showing total scores/points received/track:

pointsStreet.JPG

I honestly haven't been drinking this time, but I can only see 31 contributors who have scored these songs in this thread, not 33 (doubt this changes the top 3 places or anything, but still).

Thank you to Mozmar for making this place fun again. 🙌🏻🙏🏻

To some extent, I think the outcome might have been predictable to many, but, as you can see by the scores, it really was very tight.

Pleased that Maudlin Street made the top 3, but slightly disappointed that Disappointed only made 7th...but it was up against some stiff opposition.

As for the winner, it has always (and probably always will) made me think of Scarborough (no offence intended to any people from that seaside town in North Yorkshire).

So, where to next?
We have some unfinished business to deal with, or should that read...
boziness
so keep an eye out later in the week...:cool:

So, where to next?
We have some unfinished business to deal with, so keep an eye out later in the week...:cool:
Lots of good stuff left to plough through, so we’re in for a treat whichever way you take us. 🙌🏻

I’m a bit sad that Ouija Board and Michael’s Bones didn’t make the top 10. I have to say. I accept and realize that Drug and Playboys are huge canonical Moz songs, but they’ve never done anything for me. Too slight.

Michael’s Bones - 8

Ouija Board - 7

Just to finish off, seems the Mozarmy Meet was a great success...well done to all.

signs.JPG

Good night, and thank you!

5th place: Will Never Marry - 9.15

4th place:
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - 9.36

3rd place:
Late Night, Maudlin Street - 9.45

2nd place:
Suedehead - 9.48

1st place
& The Winner with 9.58 is:

Here is the comparison with the huge poll of all Morrissey Smith songs last carried out here in 2014.
www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/the-moz-smiths-top-100-final-results-2014.133795/
The top rated Street songs were:
1 - Every day is like Sunday (9.53)
2 - Suedehead (9.52)
3 - Last of the Famous (9.44)
4 - Maudlin Street (9.19)
5 - Hairdresser (9.13)
6 - Will never marry (9.05)
7 - Sister I'm a (8.97)
8 - Disappointed (8.79)
9 - Interesting drug (8.40)
10 - I know very well (8.33)

Lots of good stuff left to plough through, so we’re in for a treat whichever way you take us. 🙌🏻

I’m a bit sad that Ouija Board and Michael’s Bones didn’t make the top 10. I have to say. I accept and realize that Drug and Playboys are huge canonical Moz songs, but they’ve never done anything for me. Too slight.
I love Ouija Board so much.
Never seem to manage to vote on these polls...

What don't people like about Journalists Who Lie? Music not matching words?
Accountants, judges and other legal bodies have gotten lambasted by Morrissey in later songs, but except for this tune, journalists not so much?
If not, surely it's a theme ripe for revisiting, taking the canny route.

What don't people like about Journalists Who Lie? Music not matching words?
Accountants, judges and other legal bodies have gotten lambasted by Morrissey in later songs, but except for this tune, journalists not so much?
If not, surely it's a theme ripe for revisiting, taking the canny route.

Musically it's pretty goofy. The voice is entering into the wispy sound of the Kill Uncle period. Lyrically it's not bad, but You Know I Couldn't Last does it better, and by not focusing on journalists exclusively, doesn't sound so desperate.

Journalists Who Lie deserves its reputation imo.

You have a leftover Stephen Street tune that another producer has tried to inject some life into. Plus, the lyrical whining is pretty one dimensional.

Tags
andrew paresi jonny bridgwood julie hamill mozarmy meet stephen street
Back
Top Bottom