Please score these Morrissey/Nevin tracks

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
So add your scores, rather than bumping your gums on the side lines...I've put the 16 tracks in order in the OP, all you need to do is copy 'n' paste, then allocate your score to each track. It's not difficult, & there's a good chance it's within your capabilities...
Don’t rush the man, he’s got more numbers to deal with than most of the rest of you, whose drug-addled brains only seem capable of processing the numbers 8, 9 or 10.

Last edited:
Haha, haven’t heard about that. Just noticed that he seems very lukewarm about solo Moz.
85 was robbed of a few Mozz t shirts a few years back after a gig, unfortunately he’s still to this very day in recovery, some say he’ll never recover.
I’ve written a few poems on the subject over the years.
A very unfortunate case indeed.

1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 7
  2. Asian Rut - 5
  3. Born To Hang** - n/a
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home - 10
  5. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday - 10
  6. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty - 8
  7. King Leer - 7
  8. My Love Life - 8
  9. Our Frank - 9
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time - 5
  11. Sing Your Life - 10
  12. The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye - 3
  13. The Loop - 8
  14. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends - 7
  15. Tony The Pony - 9 (Mark Nevin's favourite co-write, apparently)
  16. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side - 8

So add your scores, rather than bumping your gums on the side lines...I've put the 16 tracks in order in the OP, all you need to do is copy 'n' paste, then allocate your score to each track. It's not difficult, & there's a good chance it's within your capabilities...
listen to mr bossy boots,think your taking this a big bit tooo seriously,and why were you asking for likes,its not youtube theirs no monetisation.

Why in hell, hasn’t Morrissey phoned up Nevin ?!

People always mention M working with other
co-writers from his past, but Nevin’s name doesn’t get brought up. And as we can see from this impressive set of songs, I think it would be a great idea, and a nice surprise for his fans.

All that Nevin’s songs really needed was a good producer, as you can tell when listening to the superior treatment of You’re Gonna and Gonna Happen Someday by Ronson.

I agree with those who have said that Nevin was an underrated collaborator.

I think it's telling that most of the higher rated songs were written after he had learned how Morrissey works. Mark Nevin has admitted that he only submitted musical sketches for the Kill Uncle album and expected them to be fully fleshed out later. He was surprised when they were recorded pretty much as he had written them which is one of the reasons why the album sounds pretty bare in places.

Also, the two Your Arsenal only reconfirm just how crucial Mick Ronson was to that album. Mark Nevin submitted a bunch of musical ideas that Morrissey rejected which eventually ended up on Kirsty MacColl's Titanic Days. They couldn't sound much more different to Your Arsenal.

Kirsty already did this music justice, so moving. So I think M could have done something good with them also. Though he seemed to have a certain vision for Arsenal.

I believe she wanted Morrissey to do this song.

I think it's telling that most of the higher rated songs were written after he had learned how Morrissey works. Mark Nevin has admitted that he only submitted musical sketches for the Kill Uncle album and expected them to be fully fleshed out later. He was surprised when they were recorded pretty much as he had written them which is one of the reasons why the album sounds pretty bare in places.

Also, the two Your Arsenal only reconfirm just how crucial Mick Ronson was to that album. Mark Nevin submitted a bunch of musical ideas that Morrissey rejected which eventually ended up on Kirsty MacColl's Titanic Days. They couldn't sound much more different to Your Arsenal.

Mark Nevin submitted a bunch of musical ideas that Morrissey rejected which eventually ended up on Kirsty MacColl's Titanic Days.
Most of which were fantastic. 'Your Arsenal' is great too - but it's interesting to imagine what could have been when listening to 'Titanic Days', which is just as fine a record in my opinion.

1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 7
  2. Asian Rut - 6
  3. Born To Hang** - 6
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home - 10
  6. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty - 10
  7. King Leer - 5
  8. My Love Life - 8
  9. Our Frank - 9
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time - 7
  11. Sing Your Life - 8
  12. The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye - 6
  13. The Loop - 10
  14. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends - 8
  15. Tony The Pony - 7
  16. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side - 9

1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 10
  2. Asian Rut - 3
  3. Born To Hang** - 5
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home - 7
  7. King Leer - 5
  8. My Love Life - 8
  9. Our Frank - 7
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time - 7
  11. Sing Your Life - 7
  12. The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye - 5
  13. The Loop - 7
  14. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends - 10
  15. Tony The Pony - 8
  16. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side - 7

1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 6
  2. Asian Rut - 8
  3. Born To Hang** - 5
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home - 7
  7. King Leer - 6
  8. My Love Life - 10
  9. Our Frank - 9
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time - 8
  11. Sing Your Life - 10
  12. The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye - 7
  13. The Loop - 9
  14. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends - 6
  15. Tony The Pony - 6
  16. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side - 10

Extremely tight at the top with only 0.09 separating the top 3...

Edit: Updated OP to include planned date/time to close the thread: Sunday 14th May 12:00 (UK time).

Last edited by a moderator:

There's some interesting comments from Nevin on the solo-wiki, which include quotes from him speaking to The Strange Brew in 2012.

"They got the credits wrong. “Pregnant For The Last Time” and “My Love Life” lists guitars by Boz Boorer and Alan Whyte. Alan wasn’t on either and I was on both. But that was why we got Mick Ronson in. It was my suggestion. I wanted a guitar player to produce it, to crank up the guitars. Mick Ronson came in and did the “Your Arsenal” album and featured the guitars more. Everybody went “Oh, it’s much better. They’ve got rid of Mark Nevin.” I though “That’s unfair!” (Laughs) I finally get it the way I want it and I got criticised."

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line ....8
  2. Asian Rut....7
  3. Born To Hang** ....4
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home....8
  5. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday....9
  6. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty....10
  7. King Leer....8
  8. My Love Life....10
  9. Our Frank....9
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time....6
  11. Sing Your Life....9
  12. The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye....8
  13. The Loop....6
  14. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends....8
  15. Tony The Pony....4
  16. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side....7

1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 8
  2. Asian Rut - 4
  3. Born To Hang** - 4
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home - 9
  5. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday -9
  6. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty -- 9
  7. King Leer - 7
  8. My Love Life - 9
  9. Our Frank - 8
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time - 9
  11. Sing Your Life - 8
  13. The Loop - 8
  15. Tony The Pony - 10 (this is insane, I know, but I LOVE this song)

1. (I'm) The End Of The Family Line - 8
  2. Asian Rut - 4
  3. Born To Hang** - 4
  4. Driving Your Girlfriend Home - 9
  5. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday -9
  6. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty -- 9
  7. King Leer - 7
  8. My Love Life - 9
  9. Our Frank - 8
  10. Pregnant For The Last Time - 9
  11. Sing Your Life - 8
  13. The Loop - 8
  15. Tony The Pony - 10 (this is insane, I know, but I LOVE this song)
It's not insane at all robot.
'Tony...' is a thing of beauty!
The lovely understated guitar parts, the beautiful quivering cello, the bouncy bassline, the wistful lyrics, the rhyming of 'corner' with 'warn yer'.
It's genius pop and (as I mentioned before) M Nevin has declared it his favourite co-write.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom