Please, Please, Please A Tribute to The Smiths (2011)

The Seeker of Good Songs

coverprint.jpg

Artist: VA
Album: Please, Please, Please A Tribute to The Smiths
Released: 2011
Style: Indie Pop
Format: MP3 320Kbps
Size: 85+97 Mb

CD1:
01 Kitten – Panic
02 The Rest – Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before
03 Joy Zipper – What Difference Does It Make
04 Tanya Donelly w,Dylan In The Movies – Shoplifters Of The World Unite
05 William Fitzsimmons – Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
06 Sixpence None The Richer – I Won’t Share You
07 Sara Lov – Well I Wonder
08 Greg Laswell – Half A Person
09 Dala – Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
10 Chikita Violenta – Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
CD2:
01 Telekinesis – Sheila Take A Bow
02 Solvents – Is It Really So Strange
03 The Wedding Present – Hand In Glove
04 Mike Viola And The Section Quartet – How Soon Is Now
05 Trespassers William – There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
06 Girl In A Coma – Rubber Ring
07 Elk City – I Know It’s Over
08 Katy Goodman – What She Said
09 Cinerama – London
10 Doug Martsch – Reel Around The Fountain

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
CD1:
FILESONIC: DOWNLOAD
FILESERVE: DOWNLOAD
CD2:
FILESONIC: DOWNLOAD
FILESERVE: DOWNLOAD

from: http://newalbumreleases.net/42089/various-artists-please-please-please-a-tribute-to-the-smiths-2011/

My copy arrived in the post this week. I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's quite a change to hear the lyrics sung with different voices. The opening song of "Panic" by Kitten has fast become my favourite cover version on the album, and I do not mind the lyric changes. To my mind that's now three proper tribute albums. The infamous "Smiths Is Dead" which featured the likes of Supergrass and the Boo Radleys. "Romantic and Square is Hip and Aware" the Matinee label tribute album. And now this. I wonder if we'll ever get to the stage of a Morrissey Solo tribute album?

Thanks for this Seeker - there was no way I was going to pay for it... :)

Dave

by far the best Smiths tribute album Ive seen which might not mean much as most are rubbish but this one is really very very good. Forget your prejudices and listen to the covers, some of them are fantastic.
Thanks a lot to the uploader.

I think there's a few more than that.

I always liked that Morrissey cover Anal c*** did... No lie... :straightface:

Why they chose a Morrissey song for a Smiths tribute though, I will never know...

BTW, you guys will surely crucify me but, as a incredibly sincere Smiths fan and a total hack musician/Harsh Noise artist, I have been planning an (unofficial) limited edition pro-CD Noise comp. in tribute to the Smiths for/by Noise artists who love the Smiths... That said, I am considering limiting it to "dedications" and not actual "Noise cover songs" for a few reasons... All of which should be easy to guess.

I've already gotten chewed out by some anonymous goon who showed up out of nowhere on a Noise forum when I brought that up (wonder if they ever post here?)... :lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom