Please Help!!

spike

No time to be 21
Hi All, just a plea for help. When i was young and ignorant i collected all Smiths stuff on 12". I'm now 42 and over the last 2 or 3 months regained my enthusiasm and decided to start on the 7"s. This has gone pretty well and i have got everything commercially released ........ except "bigmouth...." I have bid and lost on Ebay, not because i am tight but because i am on a budget, but it doesn't appear THAT much. Does anyone have a spare that they might be willing to sell? Please bare in mind that i am willing to pay a fair price but as a single parent of a 10 year old girl my pockets aren't bottomless.
Thanks for reading.... Spike.

Spike it might help if you let us know what country you are in?

love

Grim

Hi All, just a plea for help. When i was young and ignorant i collected all Smiths stuff on 12". I'm now 42 and over the last 2 or 3 months regained my enthusiasm and decided to start on the 7"s. This has gone pretty well and i have got everything commercially released ........ except "bigmouth...." I have bid and lost on Ebay, not because i am tight but because i am on a budget, but it doesn't appear THAT much. Does anyone have a spare that they might be willing to sell? Please bare in mind that i am willing to pay a fair price but as a single parent of a 10 year old girl my pockets aren't bottomless.
Thanks for reading.... Spike.

He's a Briton.

Should be no reason why this one would be harder to find than any other stock 45. Perhaps just an anomaly.

Hit a couple record shows and you'll be done in no time:

http://www.vip-24.com/

I bet the one in Manchester on the 10th will be a good one.

Thanks for that Beau...
He's right Grim, i'm in Swndon, the land of the Moonraker, (don't ask)
I will keep looking on ebay, and if i get the chance to go to a record fair i'll give it a go, maybe Oxford or Bristol, BUT, and it's a big but, if anyone has spare to sell in the meantime please give me a shout.
Thanks again Guys.

If I lived in England, the only thing I'd be doing on eBay is selling Smiths/Moz stuff to Americans with more money than sense.

This stuff is all over your country, for bargain prices. Go down to your local chemist and pick up a copy of The Record Collector. It has all the record fairs listed. You could amass an amazing Smiths/Moz collection very economically just by going to UK/EU record fairs. I did.

Thanks again Beau. When i was younger (and i'm talking in the mid 80's. i am 43 you know:rolleyes:) i used to go to record fairs regularly, and yes i did pick up a lot... it's a strange one because i collected all the Smiths stuff on 12", even sweet talked the the local Our Price record store to save me the promo's. Got some great posters, including a massive Meat is Murder tour poster. Then started on solo stuff on 12" but with the introduction of the CD single everything went kind of pear shaped. Messed it all up in fact.
I moved house in 2000 and left the MiM poster along with several others in the loft... gutted now of course! It was only recently after i split with the Mrs (and seeing him in Oxford last year) that i rekindled my love for the old man. I got all my 12"s out from under the stairs and just decided to start the 7" collecting. Once i have the final Smiths 7" i will start on the solo ones... I know that i've drifted from the original post but hey, thats the story of my life.
Spike.

If I lived in England, the only thing I'd be doing on eBay is selling Smiths/Moz stuff to Americans with more money than sense.

This stuff is all over your country, for bargain prices. Go down to your local chemist and pick up a copy of The Record Collector. It has all the record fairs listed. You could amass an amazing Smiths/Moz collection very economically just by going to UK/EU record fairs. I did.

the only smiths i could find at a record fair here in minneapolis were strangeways and rank :(...color me jealous

Thanks for the latest link.... this could be fate! i am 43 on Monday, the day it ends so this is a plea for no one to outbid me, what a birthday present it would be.... Please please please let me get what i want!

Spike

Back
Top Bottom