Plans for the Solo meet-up before Hyde Park (Wireless) on Friday...

As great as Morrissey was and despite having so much fun at Quarry afterwards the absolute highlight of an amazing day for me was meeting all you fellow Soloers at the pub - i met:

Madame Chaos
Andy and Jan - whose user name i forget
Virgil Tracy
Liebe
Morrissey the 23rd
Graham (lead singer of the Smyths and known as SmythsSinger on here)
Kewpie (thats not her in the photo above)
Grim
Jukebox Jury
I am Ghost
Prisoner 77
Kitty 3780
Bobalmighty
and many more - apologies if i forget

A really great turnout and i cant thank you enough for making the effort to join up. There were other Morrissey fans there too who came for no other reason than the pub was convenient for the park - so we really did Unite and Take it over.

Thats me in the black sunglasses :cool: and black T shirt smiling above - i'll let everyone else explain who they are.

Some of us also got ourselves interviewed for that documentary on fandom which was fun.

As Virgil says i really hope to meet many of you again at future Morrissey events.:guitar:

I didn't even make the list! :tears:

Thanks for getting the day off to a great start Paul!

Love Alma xxx

sorry we didnt make the pub we did go to the club but sadly only knew a few people so were very quiet

jen did get to kiss grim though :D

ah shame - will have to meet you next time fella - i was at quarry but a little drunk by then!

It was nice to see so many old faces and to meet yet more, includingly yourself again. Hope your back is better. It is a pity these events pass so quickly and drunkenly.

It was also nice to put a face and voice to 'the' Paulc. Good choice of pub.

Great to meet you too mate - what the heck did you do to your hand?

I too really enjoyed the meet up I think I was first in. So thanks to Grim and Morrissey the 23rd for coming over with acute detection skills.

Great to meet you all, Paul C I owe you a Smirnoff Ice.

Quarry was brilliant although by then I could only sing, no dancing.

Virgil took me for breakfast at the Turk's Head, the pub used in "WHIWOFBS" video.

It was just around the corner (If you consider an half hour walk...) Cheers.

It was nice to see so many old faces and to meet yet more, includingly yourself again. Hope your back is better. It is a pity these events pass so quickly and drunkenly.

It was also nice to put a face and voice to 'the' Paulc. Good choice of pub.

My back is still quite painful but I have problems with it (and my legs) a lot anyway. I wish I could get it sorted out as the reason I left Quarry early in January was because of my stupid legs!

I called in as well, with my wife. I didn't really know anyone, but I heard a few board names branded about. Not being known for my sociabilty, I kept off radar!

I think thats me in the third pic down in the background under the hanging flowers. I'm not sure though. I know thats roundabout where I was outside the pub. Its disconcerting not being able to identify yourself in a photo. Its even more disconcerting if it IS actually me because my face looks as though its caved in.

I called in as well, with my wife. I didn't really know anyone, but I heard a few board names branded about. Not being known for my sociabilty, I kept off radar!

Didnt i come up and say hello - very sorry if i didnt! Where abouts in the pub were you?

hello paulc
im the random pub goer who has never heard of moz
seen the smiths a few times, plus morrissey of course
came to the pub due to this site
thanks for being so friendly !!

hello paulc
im the random pub goer who has never heard of moz
seen the smiths a few times, plus morrissey of course
came to the pub due to this site
thanks for being so friendly !!

Sorry 'all you need is me' i didnt realise you were one of us!! :)

Hope you enjoyed a great day

Nice to meet all the folks I did. Thanks PaulC and pals keeping me company in Hyde Park. And to Madame C and pals for looking after me at Quarry night...lord knows I needed it.

All in all lovely.

Didnt i come up and say hello - very sorry if i didnt! Where abouts in the pub were you?

At the bar, with my head on the bar! If you did speak to "Brel", it was an imposter!

I'm not good with "strangers", so don't worry. I didn't even know who anyone was, and I'm not the kind of person to present myself to the room. "Ladies and Gentleman...Stephens arrived"!

Everyone in there seemed to be having a good time though.

As a lurker, I kept myself to myself for a wee while, but the atmosphere kind of got the better of me. I met so many great people in the carpenter's and in the Quarry. I wish I had spoken to more but there's always next time! Thanks to those who took the time to organise things.

hi paul
sorry didn't make quarry, but had a great day nonetheless. Was nice to meet some like-minded folk, will see you lot again in far off places?!

andy n jan

was nice to see that old solow reprobate formerly known as 'FreeYourSelf' & better half, shame DavidT couldn't make it! :)

love

Grim

'gentle kind' was also there, sat with me, Kathy and the space cakes and a few other non soloists.:cool:

Jukebox Jury

As great as Morrissey was and despite having so much fun at Quarry afterwards the absolute highlight of an amazing day for me was meeting all you fellow Soloers at the pub - i met:

Madame Chaos
Andy and Jan - whose user name i forget
Virgil Tracy
Liebe
Morrissey the 23rd
Graham (lead singer of the Smyths and known as SmythsSinger on here)
Kewpie (thats not her in the photo above)
Grim
Jukebox Jury
I am Ghost
Prisoner 77
Kitty 3780
Bobalmighty
Maurice E
Alma Really Matters xx
Munchy Brain
getoffthestage
and many more - apologies if i forget

A really great turnout and i cant thank you enough for making the effort to join up. There were other Morrissey fans there too who came for no other reason than the pub was convenient for the park - so we really did Unite and Take it over.

Thats me in the black sunglasses :cool: and black T shirt smiling above - i'll let everyone else explain who they are.

Some of us also got ourselves interviewed for that documentary on fandom which was fun.

As Virgil says i really hope to meet many of you again at future Morrissey events.:guitar:

:tears: Wow I feel popular. And I could really have done with a confidence boost today.

Mark

Great to meet you too mate - what the heck did you do to your hand?

You know how there is a risk of bodily harm if you try to reach Morrissey? Well, I tried to reach Morrissey.

My back is still quite painful but I have problems with it (and my legs) a lot anyway. I wish I could get it sorted out as the reason I left Quarry early in January was because of my stupid legs!

What are you doing to yourself that causes your back and legs to hurt so much?

was nice to see that old solow reprobate formerly known as 'FreeYourSelf' & better half, shame DavidT couldn't make it! :)

love

Grim

It was good to see Kewpie didn't move you to The Mason's arms.

DavidT saw me in the park but didn't say 'hello!'.

I noticed a lot of the posters who are brave from the bedrooms in their underpants kept quiet at the event.

Back
Top Bottom