PJ Harvey: Let England Shake

Bluebirds

No love here going on for PJ Harvey's new album? Quite probably better than Morrissey's last 5 albums. Having said that if Morrissey opened a song with
"goddam' Europeans!
Take me back to England"

He would be accused of ethnic cleansing....

WHAT A f***ING ALBUM THOUGH

No love here going on for PJ Harvey's new album? Quite probably better than Morrissey's last 5 albums. Having said that if Morrissey opened a song with
"goddam' Europeans!
Take me back to England
"

When I heard those lines, I also had the "and if Morrissey sang that?" thought. I've not bought the album yet, but have heard some of it. If HMV is still open when I get into town tonight, I have a voucher-card thing that needs using. Mojo and this cd methinks?

Bought it, I've played it once. Didn't blow me away as I was expecting it to. Needs more listens though.

i've listened to it once and wasn't too moved by it. I expect I'll grow o like it as this can be the case for ne with some of PJ's work. I wish I was seeing her on her upcoming tour to hear some of the songs in the live arena. She's a brilliant live musician and never fails to excite me when I've been to one of her shows.

Love this album. Her interview on the culture show on BBC a couple of weeks ago was excellent too, gave a good insight into the album. An artist that keeps getting better and never standing still.

I've listened some more and can now say I love this album. It's not my favourite of hers, that award goes to To Bring You My Love, but it's a very strong record. I still wish I was seeing her live in support of this album.

I've listened some more and can now say I love this album. It's not my favourite of hers, that award goes to To Bring You My Love, but it's a very strong record. I still wish I was seeing her live in support of this album.

This is a completely pointless post but I am on Sunday ;) I think the genius of the album, apart from the writing, is that it was recorded in a church. It has a real haunting, spectral quality to it that makes it sound unique.

I'll get my coat

So 4 months afterwards??? Like all the truly great albums repeated listening is so rewarding. I genuinely believe this record is timeless, a classic and other such superlatives. A timely reminder in all ways of how pop music is not merely trivial...

On with the gardening

If only Morrissey would pop up with something equally as inspiring. You can only but hope.

"goddam' Europeans!
Take me back to England"

I do love PJ... Of course she is a woman, thus no one ever gives her the respect she deserves.

Brilliant record, my favourite of the year so far, although I've been hearing good things about TV on the Radio's new one and I've yet to listen to that.

Back
Top Bottom