Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Hall (Jan. 21, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / You're The One For Me, Fatty / November Spawned A Monster / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
I’m a veteran of almost 30 years of Mozz watching, I saw him when we were both in our 20s and now we’re both in our 50s. While his performances today are far more restrained than they were 30 years ago it is a wonder that he is as good as he is after so long. Considering the problems he had with his voice a few years ago I am amazed he didn’t just give up. Instead he carries on touring even when he doesn’t have a recording contract and has no new product to promote; the man is doing this out of the pure love of performing live. if you don't want to see him then don't waste your money, there are some wonderful bands like Alt-J or Django Django who could do with you ahrd earend shekels.

I’m amazed by people who wonder why he plays pretty much the same songs over and over, I can only assume that most people have never played in a band so have no idea what it is like playing live. You can only keep so many songs in the repertoire; you can’t just dig old songs and then rehearse them to the point where they are ready for public performance in the middle of a tour. With all the travelling and everything else you have limited time to get everybody together to add songs into the setlist, it’s not a f***ing jukebox or an iPod set on shuffle. That being said I’m glad he kept “Action” and dropped the other new stuff, never warmed to “Scandinavia” or “People are the same everywhere”.

And how sweet were the security? They were firm but polite and looked so thoroughly apologetic for refusing people access to the stage. Rockabilleigh we saw you, from the front of the box on the left hand side, you were a true gentleman of a stage invader, my deepest respect to you, sir! And love the quiff, I recall the days when I had enough hair to look similar.

Heinz Hall was far better than the Troxy though not as good as the Palladium but it was my friend’s first ever live Mozzer experience after adoring him since “The Queen is Dead came out, she was transfixed throughout and was almost catatonic in the cab back to the hotel.

Jat lagged to f***, back in London and can't wait for the next one.

Give me a break. Just because you are "a veteran" of that many years does not make you an expert. I and many others have also seen him as many times as you--if not more. We are saying that his choice of songs has been anything but good. And for you to say that he is doing some sort of sacrifice by touring, you are nuts. He is touring for one or two reasons---and one is for the money. Morrissey is not some selfless individual who is out to save the world. He is an artist, and he is touring to make money. If I pay for a ticket, I can complain and criticize all I want.

Give me a break. Just because you are "a veteran" of that many years does not make you an expert. I and many others have also seen him as many times as you--if not more. We are saying that his choice of songs has been anything but good. And for you to say that he is doing some sort of sacrifice by touring, you are nuts. He is touring for one or two reasons---and one is for the money. Morrissey is not some selfless individual who is out to save the world. He is an artist, and he is touring to make money. If I pay for a ticket, I can complain and criticize all I want.
Errrrr, where exactly did I say he was making "some sort of sacrifice by touring"? I said he’s touring because he’s enjoying performing live and he’s playing the songs he wants to play rather than the ones a record company would expect him to perform in order to promote an album. Tours are expensive and do not make big profits, if he was worried about the money it would be much cheaper to just sit at home and let the royalties from his back catalogue roll in. It’s not as if he’s going to boost sales by dragging his arse all over the world, I suspect most of those who attend these days know him and already have just about everything he's ever done.

I’d personally have preferred to hear “That joke isn’t funny anymore” as that is part of the repertoire at the moment but maybe I’ll get lucky next time. I was surprised that there was no “Irish Blood” or “First of the gang” but I didn’t miss them and really didn’t care, he was in fine form and my friend fulfilled her long held dream of seeing him live. No doubt next tour he’ll include her home town for the first time ever just to make our road trip up I-79 in a snow storm slightly ironic; it certainly made me appreciate the UK’s railway system.

Nothing will match The Smiths at the Brixton Academy or the National Ballroom and nothing will ever be as bad as the Albert Hall but I will still take every opportunity to see him. I hope the setlist meets with your expectations next time and you feel you got your money’s worth, just remember he can’t keep going forever so each performance is one closer to the inevitable end.

"Everybody has a date with an undertaker, a date that they cannot break"

Last edited:

Quit whining you pompous arse, you are obviously a wanker...

And how sweet were the security? They were firm but polite and looked so thoroughly apologetic for refusing people access to the stage. Rockabilleigh we saw you, from the front of the box on the left hand side, you were a true gentleman of a stage invader, my deepest respect to you, sir! And love the quiff, I recall the days when I had enough hair to look similar.

Thanks ASLEF - but I'm the girl who got on stage...not very long after the lovely young man with the quiff! (And yes Moz's security was quite kind!)

Thanks ASLEF - but I'm the girl who got on stage...not very long after the lovely young man with the quiff! (And yes Moz's security was quite kind!)
My apologies, my friend and I thought you were wonderfully polite, Morrissey looked very appreciative not to have someone rush up and tackle him like a marauding linebacker. I think he kissed your hand, so sweet.

The Heinz Hall security were very restrained but then they seemed to match the audience, none of the stage invaders were overly aggressive.

You are not a real fan then. I hate this poser fans on this site

Excellent job blowing some air back into the term, "poser"! I've seen him nearly 20 times and heard half of Ouija Board after traveling 600 miles. That's some half ass garbage and you know it. And you are a complete ass if you think it is worthwhile.

After 25 years of loving the man, I got on stage tonight! My joy knows no bounds! If anyone recorded HSIN, I'd be eternally grateful if you would share it. I barely remember it now its such a blur. Many thanks to the kind people in the front row who helped me out!

Hi Rockabilleigh,
I have a cell phone video of you getting onstage, I believe. It isn't the best quality, some shaking and all given how excited I was to just be there, but it's better than nothing. I can only send it as a skydrive video, but I'd be happy to do that if you can get me your email address. Not sure if there is a way to get if from your profile, but I would prefer to stay anonymous as I really don't like a lot of the things that are said on this website.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom