PiL definitely to record new material... if they get enough (advance) money!

The Seeker of Good Songs

John Lydon has said that the newly-reformed Public Image Ltd. (PiL) will definitely record new material. But, yes, there is a but, PiL will only hit the studio later next year if they get enough money to record. The former Sex Pistols man who seemingly has no money left in his pockets (even not enough to record in this digital music age) told the BBC they would almost certainly not hit the studio without record companymoney or only if the tour generated enough money. The recordings should start after their December tour.

Apparently the band has always had budget problems to record in the past: "You've got to understand with is that every single time we recorded we only had one take, no money. The Jam would pull out of Goldhawk Road. We knew they'd left so we'd run in, quickly record it, and that's 'Metal Box' for you. That's basically the John Lydon approach to music - wham, bam, thank you ma'am." Wait and see...

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=43873_0_2_0_C

Apparently the band has always had budget problems to record in the past: "You've got to understand with is that every single time we recorded we only had one take, no money. The Jam would pull out of Goldhawk Road. We knew they'd left so we'd run in, quickly record it, and that's 'Metal Box' for you. That's basically the John Lydon approach to music - wham, bam, thank you ma'am." Wait and see...

Haha, what a load of wank. :) Metal Box and Flowers were recorded in a succession of top-notch, expensive Virgin studios. They were so badly paid they could afford to give back a third of their advance to get their way with the expensive metal packaging of MB. Flowers especially took an inordinate amount of time to record, primarily because Levene was too heroin-addled and Lydon too lazy to get anything done.

cheers

Hmm..I've got a bad feeling that new material won't even come close to PiL-worthy.. :blushing:

Let's hope I'm wrong..I'll at least give it a chance. :guitar:

I won't claim to know the history behind their recording but I certainly look forward to hearing new stuff. I'd be surprised if it isn't at the very least decent.

Back
Top Bottom