pigsty tags

snowfallsoon

motherf***er approved
I know we can say what we want there, but this does NOT apply to the tags there-is that correct?

I know we can say what we want there, but this does NOT apply to the tags there-is that correct?

That's my understanding from what Kewpie said... that she gave someone a 3-day timeout for hostile thread. I guess the issue is that they're anonymous?

That's my understanding from what Kewpie said... that she gave someone a 3-day timeout for hostile thread. I guess the issue is that they're anonymous?

Moderator bias.

Near enough all tags in the Pigsty are 'hostile'.

Moderator bias.

Near enough all tags in the Pigsty are 'hostile'.

I'm just wondering because if 'anything goes' in the pigsty, it sure doesn't apply to the tags, because someone was just banned for an offensive tag
in the pigsty.
Just looking for some clarification.

tag abuse

Site administrator had to introduce 'tag abuse' infraction.

Only site administrator and the moderators can detect tag authors, therefore adding abusive tags is a form of anonymous trolling which is a subject of infraction.

Some people couldn't stop their bad habit, got banned from the forums.

If they want to say something to fellow users, do it on the thread, not hiding anonymity.

Last edited:
Re: tag abuse

Site administrator had to introduce 'tag abuse' infraction.

Only site administrator and the moderators can detect tag authors, therefore adding abusive tags is a form of anonymous trolling which is a subject of infraction.

Some people couldn't stop their bad habit, got banned from the forums.

If they want to say something to fellow users, do it on the thread, not hiding anonymity.

I think it's offensive to say "f*** Jimmy" anywhere. I mean, if I was to post it as "jamescagney," isn't that also somewhat anonymous? And does it count as free speech? Is it a legitimate idea that must be protected? Or is it an action, an incitement?

Political correctness

I think it's offensive to say "f*** Jimmy" anywhere. I mean, if I was to post it as "jamescagney," isn't that also somewhat anonymous? And does it count as free speech? Is it a legitimate idea that must be protected? Or is it an action, an incitement?

I suggest you to read [url="http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=97255/]this thread[/url].

I didn't support the idea to have a sub-forum the pigsty where is 99% unmoderated, but site administrator decided to add it.

If you are unable to distinguish the difference between freedom of speech and political correctness, hopefully someone will help you to explain about them.

Last edited:
Re: Political correctness

I suggest you to read [url="http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=97255/]this thread[/url].

I didn't support the idea to have a sub-forum the pigsty where is the area 99% unmoderated, but site administrator decided to add it.

If you are unable to distinguish the difference between freedom of speech and political correctness, hopefully someone will help you to explain about them.

I know the site's stance on this, I just don't agree with it and think it brings the site down.

I agreed with Uncleskinny when he said that "Words become offensive when they are directed at someone or something with feeling." Exactly.

One bad thing about censorship is "the chilling effect," where people don't feel free to express themselves. Well, that's the state we have now, where the open hostility, c***iness and lack of civility of some people creates a chilling effect where free speech is no longer possible. And that's a shame.

If you think this is silly exaggeration... think of all the people who have left this site after being attacked. That hinders the free expression of ideas here.

Last edited:

I know the site's stance on this, I just don't agree with it and think it brings the site down.

I agreed with Uncleskinny when he said that "Words become offensive when they are directed at someone or something with feeling." Exactly.

One bad thing about censorship is "the chilling effect," where people don't feel free to express themselves. Well, that's the state we have now, where the open hostility, c***iness and lack of civility of some people creates a chilling effect where free speech is no longer possible. And that's a shame.

If you think this is silly exaggeration... think of all the people who have left this site after being attacked. That hinders the free expression of ideas here.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=1293538#post1293538

Dave, I'm sorry I told everyone that I gave you herpes.

:flowers:

Hmmmm, look what you did. :rolleyes:

*edit*
Oh dear, jc thinks he apologised to Dave, but just saying 'sorry' wasn't what he really meant.

Last edited:

Hmmmm, look what you did. :rolleyes:

See! Now THAT'S civility! I even apologized! :D

Also, here were the three posts just minutes before mine:

Dave, they put the tracking device in your teeth too? I thought David T was pulling my leg when he made me submit to a dental implant to join Solo.

f*** off? thanks.

Whoa! I should have known better than to try to joke around with you.

I guess it's my fault for not using a smiley. People seem to get confused when you fail to use at least one or two smileys.

Dave took offense to that, but I didn't mean any offense. I don't see that as hostile. I was just joking. I was hoping he'd laugh.

Dave seems to consider me an enemy. I've no idea why, as we seem to have somewhat similar ideas. Just the minor differences get focused on for some reason.

Last edited:

I didn't support the idea to have a sub-forum the pigsty where is 99% unmoderated, but site administrator decided to add it.

But in the Pigsty, there is NO political correctness, we can say whatever we want. I think more than a few people think this applies to the tags in the
pigsty as well. I know the 'rules' are posted but people forget sometimes..especially when you go to the pigsty and you're reading the threads and words like 'f**k' and 'c**t' are thrown around freely. Some of the tags aren't even that offensive, calling someone 'creepy' isn't really a big deal.

anonymous trolling

Moderators know that some users often attack a particular user.

I spotted a user who created another account in order to target a particular user.

If you don't like a user, say it in the thread.
Adding abusive tags against a user is anonymous trolling which breaches TOS.

Last edited:
Re: anonymous trolling

Moderators know that some users often attack a user

I spotted a user who created another account in order to target a user

I understand that, I just don't consider 'creepy' to be especially abusive.

Re: anonymous trolling

Moderators know that some users often attack a particular user.

I spotted a user who created another account in order to target a particular user.

Can I ask you. How did you become a moderator?

Is there a manual?

I'm not attacking you, i'm just asking.

Tags
atag4corrissey buzzetta tag cozluvsmytagthx fuckhostiletags i love snowy offensive tag rimming_hitler
Back
Top Bottom