"Pieces of Morrissey" by Matthew Jacobson - new book out Jan. 2017

An anonymous person sends the link:

Pieces of Morrissey - Adventures With The Moz Army by Matthew Jacobson.
Published by Empire Publications, released January 2017. Pre-order available now.

Morrissey is a cult.

But what drives fans' devotion? What makes them trek halfway round the world to catch his shows in the US or South America when he is playing in their city a few months later? Why do they fight over pieces of his shirt, thrown each night into the crowd?

Is this healthy? Should they seek help? Is Moz messainic or does he calculatedly whip the mob into a frenzy to maintain his status? And what of Morrissey's own adolescence and his obssessions with 50s rock 'n' rollers and stars such as Bowie and Patti Smith?

Morrissey devotee (and proud owner of an intact Moz shirt) Matt Jacobson examines his own obssession and that of his fellow fans to discover the lengths some will go to, to catch sight of their demi-god.

39480_moz_army.jpg

How is idea of people writing books about their hero - become the reason Morrissey hates the UK. Have you ever thought - Felton, Hamill, Gatenby and Goddard - really like Morrissey ? It is not a crime to write about your hero ? Ebay has several thousand items ready for sale yet nothing is said about this. Hats off to the people who at least try . There seems to be a lot of bitterness to those who actually do something creative and yet the Moz trolls - well they seem to enjoy slagging off fans ? Its a bizarre world , its a cruel world - full of keyboard gangsters ....Good luck to all the writers - this world wont listen.

Felton undoubtedly loves Morrissey.
Hamill created a brand and is milling it for all it's worth.
Gatenby hadn't been seen or heard of for years at a Morrissey gig until he got divorced and found himself at a loose end
Goddard is a really good writer and is way above the others you mentioned

Quando Quando Quando - Wrongo Wrongo Wrongo

"But if you read one of them you've read them all I'm afraid." - so, you should only go to one Morrissey concert then, I mean - if you've been to one - you've been to all ?

I read two of them and now I know enough.....but have all these books and I've read 4 or 5 of them ....

make your mind up - you've read them all , just be honest....

This is not about who is the biggest fan - its just a shared love for Morrissey

I reckon another Brit trying to cash in on Morrissey. I reckon no wonder why he hates "the UK". I reckon me really hope "Steven" never sees the light of the day. I reckon this boke is just a wannabe lil Sammy with all his "photographs". Even lil' Sammy has more talent.

Jesus wept...somebody has actually rated this as funny. This site is done for...

Quando Quando Quando - Wrongo Wrongo Wrongo

"But if you read one of them you've read them all I'm afraid." - so, you should only go to one Morrissey concert then, I mean - if you've been to one - you've been to all ?

I read two of them and now I know enough.....but have all these books and I've read 4 or 5 of them ....

make your mind up - you've read them all , just be honest....

This is not about who is the biggest fan - its just a shared love for Morrissey

Ha, if I could change my username to Wrongo Wrongo Wrongo, I would.

With Moz it's different.
Although many complain about set lists being boring and never changing this is not true as can be seen and heard in the postshow comments in the tour section and the shared video-footage.

I have seen Moz live 4 times and these stage-shows were all quite different and, to me very interesting and entertaining.

I am still interested in whatever other people have to say about him, but the amount of testimonies are a bit overwhelming and I have to make selections. So I might miss some interesting stuff.

Of course I don't question the shared love for Moz of his fans.
I don't feel I am in a competition of who is the biggest Moz-fan.
I feel I am not and I don't want to be.

I am sorry if people felt offended by my remarks.
That is absolutely not my intention.
Cheers

Felton undoubtedly loves Morrissey.
Hamill created a brand and is milling it for all it's worth.
Gatenby hadn't been seen or heard of for years at a Morrissey gig until he got divorced and found himself at a loose end
Goddard is a really good writer and is way above the others you mentioned

Felton is a piece of shit though. He seems to have a rather inflated opinion of himself, and some what thinks the world wants to read his daily dross. Jacobson is following suit

Felton is a piece of shit though. He seems to have a rather inflated opinion of himself, and some what thinks the world wants to read his daily dross. Jacobson is following suit
Now now jealous boots.........stunning comment, tell us your name if you really mean it....jealous jealous....

I thought Julie Hamill's book was really good. I can't understand all the hate

It is but seems intrusive . its looking for Morrissey gossip.

All, who created the Moz army title /club - I saw a thread on here saying it wasn't Hammill?

You say that as if it's a positive. Gatenby is the grubbiest of all the opportunists who learned there is a few quid to be made from hawking any old nonsense with Morrissey's name on it.
Some hilarious personal comments on here, this the funniest.
Of course, anyone prepared to stick their head above water will instantly be called a c*** by those who are forever destined to be a nobody, yet crying out to be a somebody.
Posting anonymously behind a monitor is about as good as it will ever get for them!

Jukebox ''Phill Gatenby'' Jury :thumb:

well said - I think that has put this hatred towards authors to bed - good luck to all of them

http://www.empire-uk.com/mozarmy.html

Blurb: "Morrissey is a cult.

But what drives fans' devotion? What makes them trek halfway round the world to catch his shows in the US or South America when he is playing in their city a few months later? Why do they fight over pieces of his shirt, thrown each night into the crowd?

Is this healthy? Should they seek help? Is Moz messianic or does he calculatedly whip the mob into a frenzy to maintain his status? And what of Morrissey's own adolescence and his obsessions with 50s rock 'n' rollers and stars such as Bowie and Patti Smith?

Morrissey devotee (and proud owner of an intact Moz shirt) Matt Jacobson examines his own obssession and that of his fellow fans to discover the lengths some will go to, to catch sight of their demi-god."

i remember this guy from his appearance on bbc breakfast.hes obviously a fan.

Yes it does.
So, if there has been anything blocking you to write your Moz-story then it must be a minor issue now!
Mind you, I would be interested in yours as I value an individual, more personal view much more then all that Moz army deluded stuff as it almost seems always to be about getting as close to their object of idol obsessing as the main goal and not about the music, the lyrics, the artistic value or the backgrounds of his art.
:thumb:

Yes it does.
So, if there has been anything blocking you to write your Moz-story then it must be a minor issue now!
Mind you, I would be interested in yours as I value an individual, more personal view much more then all that Moz army deluded stuff as it almost seems always to be about getting as close to their object of idol obsessing as the main goal and not about the music, the lyrics, the artistic value or the backgrounds of his art.
:thumb:

Who are you speaking to? (I am really interested.)

Who are you speaking to? (I am really interested.)

To you of course but I forgot about the reply to comment tab and instead hit the reply to thread tab.
So another poster got in between.
But I meant what I said! :thumb:

You're beginning to really fascinate me. Who the hell are you! Do you know me?

Only from posting here Ed!
I like your posts. They are interesting to me, funny and they scare and fascinate me!
That is a fatal attraction.
Is that weird? So then I am.

Only from posting here Ed!
I like your posts. They are interesting to me, funny and they scare and fascinate me!
That is a fatal attraction.
Is that weird? So then I am.

Haha, don't be scared. Not weird at all. Most of the time, I'm just messing around and being silly AND serious AND silly. They are just words. I enjoy your posts here too and I appreciate the support. You probably couldn't STAND me in person and now you're making me shy and I shall not post for a fortnight! ;)
:highfive:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom