Pics from today's SLC Bigmouth Bikes Again

The day has to be one of the most surreal of my life - some of the sights and the outfits are beyond words. I think just about every Morrissey-ism was covered earing aids, NHS specs, Gladioli, tutus and quiffs (bet they were fuller a few years ago :) ) I don't think anyone got a puncture - but it wasn't for the want of trying.

Just as we got round the 1st corner from the club somebody got a puncture & had to retire from the ride, she turned up at Strangeways & became a passport stamper!

love

Grim

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Thanks to all of you. Looks like a great day. I appreciate seeing the pictures. Much respect to all of you.

I think it's great what you guys did and you're all now part of Smiths history.

I had a great time and am so glad I did it. It was quite hard for to complete and was ready to toss my bike off a bridge. I did finish dead last of course. I even made the MEN's website love that photo so much.

Re: Telly report!!!

Aye, he gets everywhere - have a look here (also spot a loon in Moz specs). The full report should be here later.

Peter

Thanks for the links, Peter! This is so funny!!! Great, just great. :)

I had a great time and am so glad I did it. It was quite hard for to complete and was ready to toss my bike off a bridge. I did finish dead last of course. I even made the MEN's website love that photo so much.

Joy
I beg to differ..... I came in behind you. I was the last of the famous international cyclists!

Jukebox Jury

I have still got 3 copies of the Manchester Evening News from Monday that had a full page article on the event - it is basically the same article as on-line but with different pics. (it's also got a funny piece next to it about there many too many awareness weeks :) )

If you want to me send you one before they go in the recycling bin, them PM me with your name and address and I'll send you one free of charge.

Cheers
Dave

SalfordLadsClub021.jpg

SalfordLadsClub020.jpg

SalfordLadsClub014.jpg

finally a full frontal!

4826394937fab2b8a724f2b2605f5dfc88f.jpg

cheers Ruth

love

Grim

anyone else think that if M23 had a cigar he would be a spitter for Groucho?

ScottishSmiths1.jpg

whilst I was going more John Inman?

love

Grim
P.s. a big up for the photographer Tim Sinclair check out his site http://www.timsinclair.co.uk/
P.p.s. Glasses supplied by Skinny

Last edited:
a colourful behind

ScottishSmithsbackview.jpg

also by Tim Sinclair

love

Grim

I had a brilliant time last Sunday and wouldn’t have missed it for the world. Thanks everyone (particularly Bev, Rachel, Ruth, Phil, Gail, Kevin, Justin, Mike, Martin, Janie and Joy) for making me feel so welcome, even if some of our chats were only brief. Thanks too to the club staff member who showed me some the club archives in the Secretary’s office. That was a great insight into the running and history of the club. (Sorry I didn’t get your name). Arrived back at the house at 01.30 on Monday morning. The last 15 minutes cycle from where the bus left me off were eerily strange, on my own without my 60 or so comrades! The memory of the day will always be a pleasure to look back on, and I hope to stay in contact and maybe visit the S&G some Friday early next year. Here are some more photos of the day, plus one or two from my journey there and back. Thanks again. Paul (Dublin)

DSC02781.jpg

Coming in over Manchester - oooh there's Morrissey's House!

DSC02786.jpg

Came across the Star & Garter on the way to SLC

DSC02793.jpg

I think we're alone now- Not for long!

DSC02794.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies for the thumbnails. I'll have to get my wife to show me how to upload from URL - will do later. Thanks

....... lesson over:

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

The Smiths room in the SLC

Last edited:
Final batch of photos......

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

Granada Studios (seen on back of re-issued Viva Hate CD)
DSC02835.jpg

Happened upon Mosaics at Afflecks Palace on way home.

DSC02835.jpg

Happened upon Mosaics at Afflecks Palace on way home.

My only whinge about the whole event was that we cycled within 200 yards of the mosaic and we didn't do a detour (somewhere between Holy Named Church and strangeways). Given that so many of the participants weren't local I think it would have been a great photo opportunity...sorry to Phil the route master I don't envy you trying to get us all round the route without anyone getting lost.

Cheers
Dave

Back
Top Bottom