Pics from today's SLC Bigmouth Bikes Again

Very cool, Uncleskinny. Everyone in the photos looked like they were having a blast. Congratulations to all those who participated.

What a sight it must have been to have seen you all out in full-force; especially seeing some of the grown men peddling around the streets of Salford with baskets on their bikes! What a hoot!

Has any of the ex members of the Smiths done anything for the up keep of the SLC or the photographer from the still that has made it famous with Smiths/Morrissey fans?

Great to be there yesterday, even if in my case it was only for a short time - glad the whole thing went so well. I'll have images to paste up later - good for me to be stop being anonymous at last.

Has any of the ex members of the Smiths done anything for the up keep of the SLC or

I very much doubt that Morrissey or Marr have done anything.

I also doubt that any of the ssession players have been involved anything to do with the upkeep.

I very much doubt that Morrissey or Marr have done anything.

I also doubt that any of the ssession players have been involved anything to do with the upkeep.

Uncle Liam
Your bitterness towards 'the session players' has once again led you to making statements that are incorrect and make you look silly:rolleyes:

Both Andy in the past and currently Mike have rehearsed with various bands there weekly. They pay to use the room for their rehearsals so therefore do help with the up keep. Both have also donated items for auctions etc.
I strongly urge you to get your facts right before making anymore daft statements because you are only continuing to embaress yourself.

Jukebox Jury

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the report on North West Today earlier and spotted a few familiar faces, including Mr Jukebox Jury. I felt sad that I missed it, looked like a good day, as was my flatmate Nick, who got lost trying to find the Lads' club and ended up in Eccles.

Excellent pictures!!! I'm glad you all had nice weather and could enjoy the ride!

And Hugh, it's nice to see a face to your name. :) Your shirt is cool! You put me on the front. *feeling honoured*

Do we have pictures of all participated forum members? That would be fantastic.

Telly report!!!

Excellent pictures!!! I'm glad you all had nice weather and could enjoy the ride!

And Hugh, it's nice to see a face to your name. :) Your shirt is cool! You put me on the front. *feeling honoured*

Do we have pictures of all participated forum members? That would be fantastic.

Aye, he gets everywhere - have a look here (also spot a loon in Moz specs). The full report should be here later.

Peter

belting day, thanks to all the sponsorers, it all went off fantastically (as Frank would say).

I managed to almost get the shirts completed, soz that the way it turned out, pics on the front & names on the back & the 'words' are still waiting here to be ironed on, ooops! It was the cause not the t-shirt that really mattered in the end eh? I've got some email addresses to search out for more photo's somewhere when I finally get unpacked!

Big Ta once again to JJ for putting us up & putting up with us! I do hope all the soft toys are ok??

Grand to see all the folks! & sorry if I didn't get to speak to everyone, I tried (& failed) but I had my family there so I needed to spend time with them.

Viva Salford Lads Club, let's just make this the beginning!

love

Grim

There is a really good piece about the ride in today's Manchester Evening News - almost all of page 3 with some great pics.

The paper is free in the city centre so I picked up several copies - if you would like to me post one to you (free of charge!!!!) PM me with your name and address.

The day has to be one of the most surreal of my life - some of the sights and the outfits are beyond words. I think just about every Morrissey-ism was covered earing aids, NHS specs, Gladioli, tutus and quiffs (bet they were fuller a few years ago :) ) I don't think anyone got a puncture - but it wasn't for the want of trying.

And to the bloke with the mobile sound system - BRAVO!!!

Huge congratulations to Ruth for dreaming up the idea and everyone involved in the planning and executing of the event. And for everyone at the Lads Club for making us all feel very welcome.

Now all we have to do is collect al the sponsorship money...

what did that Witch Blears have to say for her greasy little self?

That's a bit harsh. Lottie.

Hazel has, in my opinion at least, been a very good MP for Salford (forget what she may or may not have done in government - let's not get party political!). I hadn't met her for about 10 years until yesterday (when I was at Salford University I was a student activist and did a fair bit of campaigning with her before she was an MP), but she remembered me from days of old, we spoke for about 10 minutes. During this time several members of staff from the Lads Club said "hello" to her and she knew most of them by first name - it hardly smacks me of someone who was simply hoping to get her face in the paper - more like she knows about the place and is committed to its future.

If all MPs were as committed to their constituency as she is then maybe politicians wouldn't have such a bad name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom