Piccadilly Palare master tape video

cameronk

Cameron
I got a copy of Bona Drag (both A-side and B-side) on reel-to-reel tape. While it is not THE master tape, which I'm assuming is held in Abbey Road or wherever else the original 1990s Morrissey tapes are located, it is a generational master copy from a pressing plant that used it to press records and cassettes in Yugoslavia, most likely originating from the now defunct record label Jugoton. The tape is, in my ears, sonically superior to both the Greek pressing on vinyl and original 1990 Sire CD I own. It really sounds amazing! I've posted the first track, as it is my favorite, on YouTube for all to watch, please read the description for any other information regarding the tape and all that jazz. Thanks and enjoy :)

sounds good,was just thinking about this song yesterday.

Thank you - sounds good (despite usual YouTube squashing they force on everyone).
The downloads section is always available for your FLAC rip 😉
Regards,
FWD.

Piccadilly Palare (master tape)

I stumbled across this and thought I post it here since I didn't find it discussed yet ...

Quote: „ ... this tape is not directly THE master tape of Bona Drag, that tape is safely housed wherever in the UK (maybe Abbey Road?), but rather a copy of a copy sent out to a vinyl pressing plant in Yugoslavia.“

@staatsaffaere

I got a copy of Bona Drag (both A-side and B-side) on reel-to-reel tape. While it is not THE master tape, which I'm assuming is held in Abbey Road or wherever else the original 1990s Morrissey tapes are located, it is a generational master copy from a pressing plant that used it to press records and cassettes in Yugoslavia, most likely originating from the now defunct record label Jugoton. The tape is, in my ears, sonically superior to both the Greek pressing on vinyl and original 1990 Sire CD I own. It really sounds amazing! I've posted the first track, as it is my favorite, on YouTube for all to watch, please read the description for any other information regarding the tape and all that jazz. Thanks and enjoy :)

Holy shit! I thought my vinyl sounded good and I'm listening to this via youtube on a computer? You're a lucky boy :)
Are you gonna post the entire album?

Holy shit! I thought my vinyl sounded good and I'm listening to this via youtube on a computer? You're a lucky boy :)
Are you gonna post the entire album?
Although YouTube does compress videos, the result is quite stellar.. :)
If I had enough time to warrant it, I would consider posting it... I feel like cherry-picking songs for people to listen to from the tapes, is yes, somewhat 'gatekeeping', but for me, it keeps the interest alive that way. Dunno, maybe it's a silly reasoning... :ahhh:

I recently received a copy of Kill Uncle, and the audio, I'd margin, is even better than the 2013 remaster that's on Spotify. Every instrument, sound, detail is so noticeable. It's truly like being in the studio. If I do post anything next, it will probably be a rip of Asian Rut.

If I had enough time to warrant it, I would consider posting it... I feel like cherry-picking songs for people to listen to from the tapes, is yes, somewhat 'gatekeeping', but for me, it keeps the interest alive that way. Dunno, maybe it's a silly reasoning... :ahhh:

I recently received a copy of Kill Uncle, and the audio, I'd margin, is even better than the 2013 remaster that's on Spotify. Every instrument, sound, detail is so noticeable. It's truly like being in the studio. If I do post anything next, it will probably be a rip of Asian Rut.
It certainly wasn't a demand. Post whatever you have the time for. Much appreciated regardless :)

Would you be so kind to post a picture of the BD and KU reels? Are they both from Yugoslavia? I have on for VH. Feel free to send me a pm if you don't want to post it in this thread

Tags
bona drag morrissey piccadilly palare
Back
Top Bottom