Physical release of WPINOYB Single on 23rd June

Re: Physical release of WPINOYB Single on 23rd June?

Morrissey - 'Künstler'. Well, now - there's really no need to call him rude names, Amazon. :(

Update : amazon.de has now a release date 4th July while amazon.it still has 17th June.......As long as it happens, one week or another.

Cheers Moz

Does anyone share the suspicion/hope that there will be another pre-album single, with a physical format release?

There is a video for “The Bull Fighter Dies”, the song itself is nice and short, and the subject matter is sufficiently perverse.

“Action Is My Middle Name” and “People Are The Same Everywhere” are not on the deluxe edition of the new album, if they have been recorded these could be the B-sides; just a thought.

Update : both amazon.it and amazon.de have now the cover which is the one and the only one we all know about....release date still differs..let's see...

Cheers Moz

Nice find. I knew they were going to release 'The Bullfighter Dies' but it seems a bit crazy to me that they would agree to release 4 songs from the new album on a pre-album single. Bad form.
I think we are in an unconventional promotion by design or by accident (probably both). Maybe these 4 singles are more part of a teaser campaign with releases of other actual singles ("I'm not a man"?) after that? I suppose on vinyl only would have limited impact on sales, only impact on the wallets of collectors/die hard fans.
I always assumed active promo would start after the US run of concerts with some US TV appearances on the East coast. Promo copies of the album are out there as mentioned by the Inrockuptibles guy so written reviews should also be imminent. I saw on Twitter that a special NME issue is also coming out next week https://twitter.com/MWNmarkwneil/status/477432059909402624
Oh what the hell do I know…

This is yet another example of the record company completely cocking up the release of Morrissey material. Fans will dig around for any info and share it on sites like this, that is the nature of the modern world and most of the stuff we have founs over recent weeks has turned out to be true.

What is the problem with someone within the record company actually co-ordinating these release with actual press releases to support them. I am fed up with guessing what the hell is happening, I am fed up with guessing how many songs will be on the album I have ordered, I am fed up with guessing when singles are going to be released, I am fed up with guessing whether physical releases of single will arrive.

I am a fan and would love to be a very happy customer of whatever Morrissey releases. Think I will keep my money in my pocket.

10" - interesting.

Yes ....the nicest part of this release, I suppose.....

Cheers Moz

I think we are in an unconventional promotion by design or by accident (probably both). Maybe these 4 singles are more part of a teaser campaign with releases of other actual singles ("I'm not a man"?) after that? I suppose on vinyl only would have limited impact on sales, only impact on the wallets of collectors/die hard fans.
I always assumed active promo would start after the US run of concerts with some US TV appearances on the East coast. Promo copies of the album are out there as mentioned by the Inrockuptibles guy so written reviews should also be imminent. I saw on Twitter that a special NME issue is also coming out next week https://twitter.com/MWNmarkwneil/status/477432059909402624
Oh what the hell do I know…

I wish that were the case...but it isn't. Ever since Morrissey mucked up their Twitter campaign, Harvest have been dragging their feet...and Morrissey has never liked going from show to show promoting his new work.

Directly from Universalmusic.it ........
Cheers Moz

Fantastic find. EP (extended play)? But why? There is enough material for at least 3 to 4 solid singles when one views the deluxe edition of the album and the tracks that are not on there but were played on BBC and "Studio in Session" programs. What is the goal here? Presumably, that people would buy the album and/or its deluxe edition; singles be damned. But this release cuts into that theory a bit - unless somehow this is just something for complete-ists and vinyl collectors. And if it is just that, would it not be better to arrange to give limited editions of this away with purchase of NME (or some such music publication) a week before the album is released to generate a bit of promotion/publicity/hype?

Next single

We have 4 wonderful track from the new album! Do you think there will be more tracks before the release?

Re: Next single.

I'm guessing no. Up until the last week...I was of this opinion -

"I'm viewing these releases as an EP, staggered releases - rather than in one consolidated release. I anticipate another album very quickly - 10 months or so. However, with the recent tour collapse and the very poor showing of the 4 singles this is now in jeopardy"

There won't be anything released but the album at this point in time.

I heard they were going to release the whole album a track at a time, and just leave back one 'exclusive' track for when the album comes out?

Staircase at the University would be the best, and most likely, bet.
It will be the soundtrack to the summer - mark my words.

Tags
business morrissey peace world wpinoyb
Back
Top Bottom