Photos of Morrissey at Nico's grave, Berlin - Morrissey Central

From the Morrissey Central Gallery.

As posted by SER.

43130_nico-berlin1.jpg

43129_nico-berlin2.jpg

EDIT: Jesse's Instagram story confirms that he too is in Berlin.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Wikipedia article on Nico:

Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years. According to Fields, in the early 70s, Nico attacked a mixed-race woman at the Chelsea Hotel with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people" while attempting unsuccessfully to gouge out the victim's eyeball. She left the country the next morning and no charges were laid.

During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations. However, Nico dedicated this performance to militant Andreas Baader, leader of the anti-fascist Red Army Faction.

Who am I to say that the dedication to Baader was most likely intended ironically.

i'd be so honoured if such a dashingly handsome man came to visit my grave :love:

Trust me, once you're dead, a handsome man visiting your grave and an ugly man visiting your grave is pretty much the same. And, to be fair, Morrissey could be either.

I hope that woman who slagged off the Nazis in his own microphone bumped into in on the streets and told him what a disgrace he's become.

Wear your bike helmet’s, kids.

Reckon I have no idea who kneeco is, but I reckon Uncle Steve is rockin' those Lou Reed shades he wears in the interview from the pre show vid. Reckon the Hollywood Forever cemetery shoot when Uncle Steve was buying his plot is better. That kneeco lady really does look like a Nazi girl. Well, I reckon everyone in Germany looks like a Nazi.

Great pics! It's a tiny grave on a former 'suicide cemetery' hidden in the woods. I always wondered when he would finally visit that place ...

Maybe he left a banana on the gravestone too, as lots of fans do.

Here's some pics I took on my recent visits
3.jpg
1.jpg
0.jpg
nico_banana.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom