Photos from Atlantic City House of Blues January 12, 2013

sistinas

Got some nice shots last night at the Atlantic City show, have just posted a bunch on my flickr - enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sistinas138/sets/72157632517291500/

here's a preview of a couple:

moz-1.jpg

Moz-2.jpg

Moz-3.jpg

all photos copyright/by Elizabeth V. Bouras / [email protected]

Those are gorgeous photos full of detail and wonderful color. May I ask what kind of camera you used?

Thank you so much!!

I used a Canon Powershot G15 - its a pretty new model that came out in October and IMHO is pretty much the perfect thing for shows where I don't have a pass and can't use a DSLR - it has a larger image sensor than most P&Ss and has relatively low noise at higher ISOs and full manual controls that are easy to change while shooting in the dark, I can't recommend it highly enough tho it is a bit pricey for a small camera.

Thanks, I have been searching for the perfect digital for about 7 years now and nothing has come close. Most every one I've bought has terrible noise at high ISO settings. This camera also looks like it captures motion very well. And the colors are very realistic and sharp. How is the shutter speed; lag? I can't stand when the shutter speed is slow. And how many mexapixels? I think the problem with most digitals is that the manufacturers try to squeeze too many megapixels into a small image sensor as a marketing tool. And how did you manage to keep a steady hand with all the pushing and shoving at the front? :p

Thank you so much!!

I used a Canon Powershot G15 - its a pretty new model that came out in October and IMHO is pretty much the perfect thing for shows where I don't have a pass and can't use a DSLR - it has a larger image sensor than most P&Ss and has relatively low noise at higher ISOs and full manual controls that are easy to change while shooting in the dark, I can't recommend it highly enough tho it is a bit pricey for a small camera.

Thanks, I have been searching for the perfect digital for about 7 years now and nothing has come close. Most every one I've bought has terrible noise at high ISO settings. This camera also looks like it captures motion very well. And the colors are very realistic and sharp. How is the shutter speed; lag? I can't stand when the shutter speed is slow. And how many mexapixels? I think the problem with most digitals is that the manufacturers try to squeeze too many megapixels into a small image sensor as a marketing tool. And how did you manage to keep a steady hand with all the pushing and shoving at the front? :p

Shutter speed lag is much better than any other P&S I've used, its still no match for a DSLR or micro 4/3rds but very acceptable IMHO. Also forgot to mention it has a very fast lens -f/1.8 to 2.8 at 5x zoom. 12 megapixels - they made the pixels larger rather than cram more in which I think works better. Really handles color well, especially impressed with reds/pinks/oranges as most digicams have problems with the red spectrum. Like you I've been searching for the perfect smaller digital for years - pretty much every year I've bought a new one to try out... I have a really nice DSLR (Nikon D700) so I'm always frustrated by other cameras when I can't use that one, this is by far the best I've found and I can keep it in my purse and have it with me at all times!! review on dp review here - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-powershot-g15/

As for keeping it steady, that WAS a challenge as it got crazy up front, I started in the "third row" and kinda got pushed back to 4 & 5 or so, would have done much better on the barricade but couldn't make that - I was #21 in line (got there at 10 AM) but people kinda stampeded when the doors open & then the stopped right as I was going in so I had to wait & watch the barrier fill up :( Pushed a little on the ISO to use faster shutter speeds like 1.160-1/250 to stop blurring (but still erased a tron of blurry images & many of people's hands and iphones!)

Back
Top Bottom