Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theatre (Nov. 20, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!
Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Maladjusted / Meat Is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / People Are The Same Everywhere / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / All The Lazy Dykes / Satellite Of Love / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by the review by Mike Escoto, the Phoenix NewTimes blog. Link originally posted at somedizzywhore.com

Last edited:
Amazing show the Song List was the exact same as Santa Fe. - First of gang

when last I spoke to carol
black cloud
still ill encore
NO FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE TONIGHT

troll

Crikey!
Thank the heavens that beaner anthem was out of the setlist. We can only pray it STAYS out

Last edited by a moderator:
Great concert. Moz had his entire right index finger wrapped as though it had been cut badly. Show started 40 minutes late. Crowd started to rush the stage during first encore and that was the only song of the encore.

The show was great and the venue was awesome! I enjoyed the set list! I wish the jack ass's didn't bum rush the stage during (still ill) other than that the man can still bring it! Cheers to all

If ANYBODY has any good photos of tonights show please send them to me! Just a fan who wants to remember the show! Thanks [email protected] ! Thanks in advance

I Want The One I Can't Have
You Have Killed Me
You're The One For Me, Fatty
Black Cloud
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Maladjusted
Meat Is Murder
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Action Is My Middle Name
Speedway
Alma Maters
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
All The Lazy Dykes
Satellite Of Love
Scandanvia
I Know It's Over
Still Ill

The show was great and the veenue was awesome! I enjoyed the set list! I wish the jack ass's didn't bum rush the stage during (still ill) other than that the man can still bring it! Cheers to all
@?should
I was one of the jackasses that bum rushed the stage during still ill, and it was worth every second. If you can't understand why we do it, then you are not a big fan anyway.

Can somebody let these venues know that seating does not work ... Ushers relentlessly tried putting people back in thier seats....

@?should
I was one of the jackasses that bum rushed the stage during still ill, and it was worth every second. If you can't understand why we do it, then you are not a big fan anyway.
Doesn't mean your not a fan because you didn't bum rush the stage(doesn't mean they don't understand, what you see is what you get), Morrissey never bum rushed the stage to the bands ect he liked.

Doesn't mean your not a fan because you didn't bum rush the stage(doesn't mean they don't understand, what you see is what you get), Morrissey never bum rushed the stage to the bands ect he liked.
Jesus Christ! I thought I was a fan because I bought his records and now I hear I have to go to a gig, rush the stage and get duffed up by security!

I don't like when he changes the words to "I mow the clover." It was funny in Wichita but he does it through the whole song and those other lyric changes about gardening? What is he thinking about?

I don't like when he changes the words to "I mow the clover." It was funny in Wichita but he does it through the whole song and those other lyric changes about gardening? What is he thinking about?
What song are you referring to?

Ok, lets see, he changes a line to 'i mow the clover'......
No I can't think. I'd like to know if you can be bothered.

"I Know It's Over"?

I just watched crimsonflax's YouTube clip of tonights performance of this song. He never made any lyric changes other than dropping And if you're so very entertaining. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
As mostly posted in the forums (before this thread was unlocked)

It has been years since I attended a Morrissey concert. No matter what drama occurred in that interim, Morrissey made of me a true believer again: in his voice, in his heart, and in his philosophies (I am still not sold on the new songs).

My impressions:
Good and gargantuan sonic experience.
Solid vocals throughout.
Audience seemed less distracted than at other shows.
Kristeen was fairly well received (and not too bad either).
Morrissey was not nearly as chatty as other shows-possibly because few given the mic stayed on topic.
One early successful stage invasion and a torrent during last song (Still Ill).
Meat Is Murder almost too devastating plopped in middle of setlist.
TONS of teeshirts being sold (and other cool stuff too).
Gorgeous venue. Have not seen a rival.
Loved hearing "Maladjusted".
Was quite surprised by Fatty and Ouija; though, as reported before, the setlist was like Santa Fe. No FotGtD.
Set order could stand to be retooled.
Fans near us were friendly cheerful and casual.

As someone who got to be on stage with Morrissey back in 1999, watching gentle, driven stage invaders is a joy.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom