Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theatre (May 10, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Once I Saw The River Clean / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / The Loop / I Know It's Over / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Irish Blood, English Heart / Rubber Ring / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm. Corrections by anonymous persons & FWD.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Once I Saw The River Clean / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / The Loop / I Know It's Over / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Irish Blood, English Heart / Rubber Ring / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm. Corrections by anonymous persons & FWD.

Media item:

I absolutely adore I Am Veronica. It is so god damn catchy, with its succession and alternation of choruses, verses, pre-choruses, second choruses, post-choruses and outro....

God I hope it's an actual single. By single I mean at least something that has B sides with it. Doesn't have to be physical. I realise that's not gonna happen but give us a B side for god's sake!
rainbow valley would be good,will i ever hear this song.

thesmiths_1985_IAMVERONICA.png
thesmiths_1985_IAMVERONICA2.png

Great show

Waking up to this setlist this morning, you guys. WOW! 🤩🤩 It made my heart race a bit. BEGGING to hear some of these songs at Cruel World, so I can go back to my hotel bed and die happily from heat exhaustion.

Loved Veronica and his intro – hilarious as always. AND the song including the lyrics "this could be your very last go" and then him singing Have-a-Go Merchant later in the set... 💎💎

Also, adored that charming bowtie. He looks amazing... makes me so happy.

Question: Could someone please tell me the lyrics in V after "Press your finger on..."??
Could someone tell me what it is." the bow tie"? In my country it is a kind of bad word

I would've thought this pic was from ten years ago. Has he lost a lot of weight or is it just me?

16904-587b69872aecd713927a649550426d88.jpg
Agreed I think he's actually lost a good amount of weight. And good for him for no other reason than his health.

Here's my understanding of who wrote the music to the songs Morrissey sang last night:
- Marr (5)
- Whyte (5)
- Street (4)
- Tobias (2)
- Nevin (1)
- Boorer (1)
plus whoever wrote Veronica.
Marr and Whyte have both written a similar number of songs for Morrissey between them (70 odd) so no surprise that they top the list. However, Street wrote fewer than 30 (I think) so it's pretty impressive that so many got chosen.

Never get away with that in the UK, do you think that's the reason for the Prawn Sandwich audience in the videos of last nights show?
Probably. There was one woman who kept drifting into shot on the Veronica video, gently swaying and randomly clicking her fingers. She’d have been knocked flat on her arse if that was in the UK.

But ticket prices have been a joke for the last few years. Might explain why that brute stole my posters and t-shirts in Wembley that time. Trying to recoup some of his costs.

Probably. There was one woman who kept drifting into shot on the Veronica video, gently swaying and randomly clicking her fingers. She’d have been knocked flat on her arse if that was in the UK.

But ticket prices have been a joke for the last few years. Might explain why that brute stole my posters and t-shirts in Wembley that time. Trying to recoup some of his costs.
There was a stage invader during Sweet and Tender hooligan, they usually fight to throw them back in the crowd, they actually had to drag her up she looked so underwhelmed at the experience, I pissed myself laughing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom