Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theatre (May 10, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Once I Saw The River Clean / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / The Loop / I Know It's Over / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Irish Blood, English Heart / Rubber Ring / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm. Corrections by anonymous persons & FWD.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Waking up to this setlist this morning, you guys. WOW! 🤩🤩 It made my heart race a bit. BEGGING to hear some of these songs at Cruel World, so I can go back to my hotel bed and die happily from heat exhaustion.

Loved Veronica and his intro – hilarious as always. AND the song including the lyrics "this could be your very last go" and then him singing Have-a-Go Merchant later in the set... 💎💎

Also, adored that charming bowtie. He looks amazing... makes me so happy.

Question: Could someone please tell me the lyrics in V after "Press your finger on..."??

That setlist looks great and it looks like Morrissey is in great shape. I have been critical of him lately but I have to hand it to the man, he is giving the people what they want! Kudos. Could it be that he is back???
He’s never been away. But welcome back yourself, Johnnie Ray.

Yep, very very nice set of songs.

Veronica? great catchy chorus and end part. not too sure about the verses, better to judge the studio version maybe.

Thanks to all that recorded and to the members that posted here. Seems folks enjoyed themselves, not being there, don’t know if security was tight and not letting people crush the front, also with no publicity and pretty much a last minute show addition, it seems an expected turn out, not to mention
the virus and how that could still impact shows with an older audience.

Great to hear it’ll be a single, hopefully that means a proper one with a b-side.

And please Morrissey, drop the frumpy(?) ill-fitting suits, lol.

Last edited:
It has to be said, the crowd is crap. A number looking anywhere but the stage.
The fat cathy is putting me off my coco . There do not seem many there either. M and the band were great though .
I would presume fat Cathy could be security, why else would she be looking the wrong way? Unless she’s starting with a stroke .

Waking up to this setlist this morning, you guys. WOW! 🤩🤩 It made my heart race a bit. BEGGING to hear some of these songs at Cruel World, so I can go back to my hotel bed and die happily from heat exhaustion.

Loved Veronica and his intro – hilarious as always. AND the song including the lyrics "this could be your very last go" and then him singing Have-a-Go Merchant later in the set... 💎💎

Also, adored that charming bowtie. He looks amazing... makes me so happy.

Question: Could someone please tell me the lyrics in V after "Press your finger on..."??
This one includes the missing bits in previous one i posted.

Is this what a Morrissey gig is like at the front these days? I remember being packed in like sardines in a huge sweaty crush. Maybe everyone is just feeling a bit cautious in these COVID times? :unsure:
The Orpheum Theater is all seating, then a low wall with just a few tickets sold in "the pit" where it was standing only. Due to the low wall no one in the seats could move forward into the pit area, sob just a few people standing close against the stage and then a small gap. Only 1 stage invasion was a little disappointing though. A 2nd guy thought about it and the big security guy just pointed with a look of no and then he chicken out.

I would presume fat Cathy could be security, why else would she be looking the wrong way? Unless she’s starting with a stroke .
I have no idea, I have acutely been to M gigs a number of times, and a few fat Cathys spent the whole time , talking , laughing (and finally living) , very rarely looking at the stage.
To be honest everytime the camera looked at her, I looked away .
BUT look at the floor space . between them, watch how people move around . Its not your usual bum rush show
I am not being one of the those "its over for M, nobody turns up" type people. However, the venue was small and it wasnt packed- just an observation
It looked nice there, I have never been to Phonix. I wish I went. Still I have 4 nights in Vegas baby

Last edited:
I have no idea, I have acutely been to M gigs a number of times, and a few fat Cathys spent the whole time , talking , laughing (and finally living) , very rarely looking at the stage.
To be honest everytime the camera looked at her, I looked away .
BUT look at the floor space . between them, watch how people move around . Its your usual bum rush show
I am not being one of the those "its over for M, nobody turns up" type people. However, the venue was small and it wasnt packed- just an observation
It looked nice there, I have never been to Phonix. I wish I went. Still I have 4 nights in Vegas baby
Hope you enjoy them. And if your next to any fat Cathy’s then just have a word

I was really impressed with the set list from last night. With little man what now being one of my fave songs. A good mix I thought.
At first I wasn’t keen on Veronica, but after a few listens, it’s very catchy and lingers in your brain for a while.

Hope you enjoy them. And if your next to any fat Cathy’s then just have a word
what's the word?
Move?
Diet?
Help?
re your comment , Thank you. I missed the last vegas one , as I didn't want to wear a mask. I then found out, loads didn't- although they had mean looks from others.
I could have had 3 mights and hotel and I didn't go and I regret it now, mainly as it would have been nice to show support when his mum died.
I would have liked to have gone to the gig last night, although, the crowd was like your average cali crowd (bar San Diego ) . Which was a surprise considering its not cali,
Fingers crossed there will be an announcement soon, re single and lp
He should have got the LP out and ready to sell signed at Cruel world, he would have made a bomb

I would've thought this pic was from ten years ago. Has he lost a lot of weight or is it just me?

16904-587b69872aecd713927a649550426d88.jpg
Yes, me too.
He is actually way thiner than 10 years ago (2012) he was quite plump from 2007/8 to 2017
i just hope he isn't ill.

He looks well

Oh you look so tired.
Drummer & bass player look like they belong in a band which is cool, although the other guys can easily be their parents. Bring your kids to work/gig day.

To sum up , Mozz is back in great shape, his voice is almost perfect (We hate sounds like in the '90s), the set list is awesome, I can't wait to hear the whole Bonfire album. He is still our undying light in these dark times .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom