Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theatre (May 10, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Once I Saw The River Clean / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / The Loop / I Know It's Over / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Irish Blood, English Heart / Rubber Ring / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm. Corrections by anonymous persons & FWD.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That setlist looks great and it looks like Morrissey is in great shape. I have been critical of him lately but I have to hand it to the man, he is giving the people what they want! Kudos. Could it be that he is back???

It has to be said, the crowd is crap. A number looking anywhere but the stage.
The fat cathy is putting me off my coco . There do not seem many there either. M and the band were great though .
Is this what a Morrissey gig is like at the front these days? I remember being packed in like sardines in a huge sweaty crush. Maybe everyone is just feeling a bit cautious in these COVID times? :unsure:

I would've thought this pic was from ten years ago. Has he lost a lot of weight or is it just me?

16904-587b69872aecd713927a649550426d88.jpg

That setlist looks great and it looks like Morrissey is in great shape. I have been critical of him lately but I have to hand it to the man, he is giving the people what they want! Kudos. Could it be that he is back???
He was never gone. Could you be back?

I would've thought this pic was from ten years ago. Has he lost a lot of weight or is it just me?

16904-587b69872aecd713927a649550426d88.jpg
It's not just you. I think that Simpsons episode where they portrayed him as fat and bursting out of his shirt really got to him.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fine enough song, I just think they built up our expectations so much that I was expecting something a lot more interesting. This just sounds like an outtake from ‘Dog’
Great that it sounds like it's from Dog. Dog is a fantastic album!

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Once I Saw The River Clean / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / The Loop / I Know It's Over / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Irish Blood, English Heart / Rubber Ring / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm. Corrections by anonymous persons & FWD.

I know I'm going to be the only person who thinks this and that's just fine, but I Am Veronica has a similar vibe and sound to Sheila Take A Bow.

He was never gone. Could you be back?
Oh he was gone. His albums were tanking and not very good, he was sweating to the oldies in concert, he was fat and pretty much hated by most reasonable people. I see this as the start of a possible comeback.

Oh he was gone. His albums were tanking and not very good, he was sweating to the oldies in concert, he was fat and pretty much hated by most reasonable people. I see this as the start of a possible comeback.
Well I disagree with your opinion but that's not an issue either of us has to worry about. But as far as your opinion goes I do like how you finished it off there at the end.

Yes, me2. Finally he's remarkably dressed again. I am 100% certain, it's the shirt from the Griffith Observatory promo pics taken in 1992.

Yes, me2. Finally he's remarkably dressed again. I am 100% certain, it's the shirt from the Griffith Observatory promo pics taken in 1992.
Yes and now that I've actually looked at the original size pic that's quite big and I'm seeing him in all his glory I'm even more stunned at how good he looks. It's just a sign that he means business and we want business to be good.

Waking up to this setlist this morning, you guys. WOW! 🤩🤩 It made my heart race a bit. BEGGING to hear some of these songs at Cruel World, so I can go back to my hotel bed and die happily from heat exhaustion.

Loved Veronica and his intro – hilarious as always. AND the song including the lyrics "this could be your very last go" and then him singing Have-a-Go Merchant later in the set... 💎💎

Also, adored that charming bowtie. He looks amazing... makes me so happy.

Question: Could someone please tell me the lyrics in V after "Press your finger on..."??

Yes and now that I've actually looked at the original size pic that's quite big and I'm seeing him in all his glory I'm even more stunned at how good he looks. It's just a sign that he means business and we want business to be good.
Oh...
Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha
Oh, oh, ha ha
Oh...
Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha
Oh, oh, ha ha
Oh...
Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha
Oh, oh, ha ha
Oh...
Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha
Oh, oh, ha ha