Philly show

S

SRobinson

Im going to be traveling to Philly for business and fortunately for me it coincides with the Morrissey performance. Does anyone have any suggestions for pre show dinner/drinks or hang outs?

Regards,

Simon

Im going to be traveling to Philly for business and fortunately for me it coincides with the Morrissey performance. Does anyone have any suggestions for pre show dinner/drinks or hang outs?

Regards,

Simon

I can't offer any suggestions, but the theater is in a less than completely savory location. Not that I am suggesting you should be scared just be aware of your surroundings, stick close to the theater and you will be fine. I am sure if you travel for business quite often you are more than capable of taking care of yourself. Enjoy the show and the great people of Philly!

evennow

I'm also heading to Philly for the show and we will be checking out a vegetarian restaurant called Hip City Veg - about 20 mins away by bus, or so I'm told. :)

Regards,

Simon

What area of Philly are you staying in (e.g. Center City, airport, etc.)? Depending on that, there may be better selection near your accommodations. There's an H-Mart near Tower Theatre with a food court, but don't expect anything fancy. For those who are veg*n or have other dietary restrictions, this may not be your first choice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses everyone. Im staying City Center

I'm also heading to Philly for the show and we will be checking out a vegetarian restaurant called Hip City Veg - about 20 mins away by bus, or so I'm told. :)

Funny we have a hip hop chicken here in Maryland. Wonder if they're related

Funny we have a hip hop chicken here in Maryland. Wonder if they're related

HipHop Fish & Chicken? I know that place! Well, the one on Baltimore St. Hip City Veg is actually a vegan fast casual place. Pretty good, but probably different clientele--then again I've been to both, so who knows?

HipHop Fish & Chicken? I know that place! Well, the one on Baltimore St. Hip City Veg is actually a vegan fast casual place. Pretty good, but probably different clientele--then again I've been to both, so who knows?

Yup that's the one. I used to pass it going out of the city on mlk and just thought the name funny. It sticks in your mind at least. I read the name wrong though and thought it said hip hop veg which made me think they might be a related regional thing. My bad

Dinner and drinks in Center City:
Charlie was a Sinner (vegan)
Bar Bombon (vegan; same owner as CwaS and HipCity)
V Street (vegan)
Vedge (vegan; same owners of VS)
Su Xing (veg*n; typical Chinese fare; been awhile since I've been there but pretty sure they don't have a bar)

Casual / To-go:
P S & Co (veg*n)
Snap Kitchen (veg*n; multiple locations in center city)

Not quite center city but worth swinging by if you're close: The Tasty (vegan), Blackbird (vegan), Grindcore House (vegan, cafe), Dottie's Donuts (vegan). Philly has a ton of veg*n options, so these are just a few. If you're looking for a specific cuisine I can throw out other suggestions.

Yup that's the one. I used to pass it going out of the city on mlk and just thought the name funny. It sticks in your mind at least. I read the name wrong though and thought it said hip hop veg which made me think they might be a related regional thing. My bad

I actually find it wildly amusing that I actually knew what you were referring to!

This place is worse than Chicago in terms of finding Vegan or Vegetarian food. I just hope Genos and/or Pats Cheese Steak don't have a cart in the parking lot.

Does any of use guys know where I can buy a used I Roc Z (phone books included on the drivers seat) in "Philly"? I think this will be the perfect opportunity since I will be in "Philly" to buy one.

Last edited:
If I buy a last minute pit ticket will I be confined to the seat? How's it typically work at Tower? Was hoping to get to the front if I'm in row DDD or EEE.

I actually find it wildly amusing that I actually knew what you were referring to!

I smiled myself. Spend much time in Baltimore. Maybe for a show or something. I've been here for the last six years and two back in like 2002 or so for my first two years of college. Always lived in the region though

I'm wondering the same thing too about the pit seating. I looked at all the ticket websites and tickets for pit BBB look the closest, is there a row AAA that is reserved for contest winners or something?

I'm wondering the same thing too about the pit seating. I looked at all the ticket websites and tickets for pit BBB look the closest, is there a row AAA that is reserved for contest winners or something?

Might be those platinum tickets people were referring to and the guest list

AAA pit must be held back for guest list. I imagine if Moz doesn't need all the tix, some will be released today. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom