Question Phill Gatenby's Morrissey's Manchester

Robert Lee

Classics for pleasure
Hi all,

I have the first edition of this book. The latest edition has new places to visit in it. Please Can anybody reply here with all of the new places from this latest edition?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it include the bakery from where he bought some bread? Lol

There is no places California's Son visited in manchester because he was born in Moz Angeles. Might want to try his alma matter Hollywood High, Venice Beach basketball courts, Sunset Sound, Sunset Marquis, Dan Tana's, Glendale Galleria...etc. You people are so lost and duped.

There is no places California's Son visited in manchester because he was born in Moz Angeles. Might want to try his alma matter Hollywood High, Venice Beach basketball courts, Sunset Sound, Sunset Marquis, Dan Tana's, Glendale Galleria...etc. You people are so lost and duped.
I have to say, I went to Dan Tana's not too long ago and I really loved it. I mean the indoor carpet in the dining room really freaked me out but the service was excellent and the food was actually very, very good.

Hi all,

I have the first edition of this book. The latest edition has new places to visit in it. Please Can anybody reply here with all of the new places from this latest edition?

Cheers
I have both copies and just had a check of both.
It seems the first edition was 2002 and the 2nd was 2009.
The differences are venues played in between at such as the Bridgewater Hall, Opera House, MEN Arena, Old Trafford Cricket Ground (Move Festival) a further gig at the Apollo and the Lowry Theatre.
Then Manchester United's Old Trafford is in there for the 1958 Munich Disaster song, North Trafford College and the Inland Revenue buildings (both opposite the cricket ground) and the former Hard Rock venue in Stretford at the side of the cricket ground are included which is listed as a B&Q store.
Davyhulme hospital where Morrissey was born has been added as have Granada TV studios and the river Irwell too.

Needs updating with Talbot Road, Cornbrook Street and Chester Road lol

I have both copies and just had a check of both.
It seems the first edition was 2002 and the 2nd was 2009.
The differences are venues played in between at such as the Bridgewater Hall, Opera House, MEN Arena, Old Trafford Cricket Ground (Move Festival) a further gig at the Apollo and the Lowry Theatre.
Then Manchester United's Old Trafford is in there for the 1958 Munich Disaster song, North Trafford College and the Inland Revenue buildings (both opposite the cricket ground) and the former Hard Rock venue in Stretford at the side of the cricket ground are included which is listed as a B&Q store.
Davyhulme hospital where Morrissey was born has been added as have Granada TV studios and the river Irwell too.

Needs updating with Talbot Road, Cornbrook Street and Chester Road lol
That is fantastic thank you 👍🏻

Once I saw the river clean! I feel lucky to have heard him perform that live at Leeds.

Back
Top Bottom