Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater (Sep. 22, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided karelMoz.

• Review by John Gentile (4.5 / 5 stars) - Punknews.org. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • UPDATE Sep. 26: Poster at pinkbikeralph for sale, link from docinwestchester. From towerphilly / Instagram:

39140_philadephia_poster_20160922.jpg

Last edited:
not sure of the source, it's probably been discussed here already somewhere, but it is the new cover art for the upcoming 2nd release of WPINOYB.
Crikey!
Just who in the world does he think is going to shell out one more pence,one more time for a three year old album with a bleedin' new sleeve?

Could you seriously go f*** yourself Butchie? You have no life and must troll on this site all day.

You are a f***ing jackass.

Oh Dorothy I'm so pleased for you having such a good time watching the wizard perform his act.
What a shame you had to endure the same old songs though eh ?
Don't let those blue eyes fool you even if they do come with a matching coloured shirt.
Is one fit and healthy or on deaths door ? We don't know from one week to the next do we ?
What a piss take its all been if he doesn't die from cancer soon ! This so called cancer is really dragging on a bit now !
Regards to the fog machine ! I look at it as his 9/11, when the music industry towers came crashing down on him for being a Cheese eating, CrankFraud, Charlatan, Lucky, Talentless 4kwit, Wanker who by the way is NOT gay.

Genuine best wishes to your other half who you mentioned previously had real deal to cope with.

Cheese is murder y'all ! :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

P.S. To the wider audience, Surface is far, far from being a Mozzbot. He has called Steve out many times.
A level headed poster in my book.

Enjoy the weekend ( the dark nights are coming :()

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

As a lifelong Philadelphian, I've been lucky enough to see Morrissey at home and away in DC, NY, Atlantic City (of all places) and Baltimore numerous times and the home shows have always been great. A lively crowd, a generally and genuinely fun Moz and great experiences all around.
Last night was no exception. As soon as I descended the old 69th bridge and set foot in the neighborhood of my adolescence, I knew this would be a good one. The block between the terminal and the Tower was full of all manner of subculture holdouts and aspiring weirdos. It felt like an art class doodler's reunion.
The scene in and around The Waterford Inn was also a sign of things to come. I'd like to think Boz stopped in and that inspired him to order an All in the Family interlude. It was rough and warm and comfortable all at the same time despite being the sort of bar I rarely frequent anymore. I know they charge extra for drinks on show nights but I'm ok with that. I tell myself I'm paying down the tab my late uncle most certainly never settled.
Then the show started. Solid seats. Great sound. Great voice. A very enjoyable hype video. No complaints.

I wonder if this is his doing, there was a drink named after song in KY too. What is in a Swallow on my Neck?doh:

It wouldn't surprise me in the very least !

From pop up shop to pop up cocktail bar at the end of the day it's all money in Steves pop up till that matters in these lean remaining ill health rumoured years.
Rumour also has it there is going to be pop up vegetarian food markets selling his favourite kinds of cheese and eggs etc, at future performances for maximum "kerching".

It wouldn't surprise me in the very least !

From pop up shop to pop up cocktail bar at the end of the day it's all money in Steves pop up till that matters in these lean remaining ill health rumoured years.
Rumour also has it there is going to be pop up vegetarian food markets selling his favourite kinds of cheese and eggs etc, at future performances for maximum "kerching".

Um, Benny that is the Americana way. "Give the people what they want". I wish he would sell scented pieces of his shirt.

Oh Dorothy I'm so pleased for you having such a good time watching the wizard perform his act.
What a shame you had to endure the same old songs though eh ?
Don't let those blue eyes fool you even if they do come with a matching coloured shirt.
Is one fit and healthy or on deaths door ? We don't know from one week to the next do we ?
What a piss take its all been if he doesn't die from cancer soon ! This so called cancer is really dragging on a bit now !
Regards to the fog machine ! I look at it as his 9/11, when the music industry towers came crashing down on him for being a Cheese eating, CrankFraud, Charlatan, Lucky, Talentless 4kwit, Wanker who by the way is NOT gay.

Genuine best wishes to your other half who you mentioned previously had real deal to cope with.

Cheese is murder y'all ! :laughing:

P.S. To the wider audience, Surface is far, far from being a Mozzbot. He has called Steve out many times.
A level headed poster in my book.

Enjoy the weekend ( the dark nights are coming :()

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

f*** sake dude you have issues, never have I seen someone so angry over another person eating cheese before. Seek help.

Thanks lynnda, I enjoyed the description.

You're welcome! I feel really fortunate that I had the opportunity to see him and share the experience. I try to do four or five shows per tour, but sadly, I can only do one this time; so, I was thrilled to be there and be so close to M. Hope everyone who wants to see him is able to catch a show. I look forward to hearing about the rest of the tour.

lynnda

Best show I've ever seen and I got a tiny bit of shirt for a souvenir. I zip locked it and will save it forever. True fan to the end.

f*** sake dude you have issues, never have I seen someone so angry over another person eating cheese before. Seek help.

He's a so called vegan you prickbottwunt-thick as shit-mother4king-Kerrygold-clotted cheesy foreskin.
WHAT :head-smack:DO :head-smack:YOU :head-smack:NOT :head-smack:UNDERSTAND :head-smack:ABOUT:head-smack: THAT :head-smack:YOU 4KIN STUPID IDIOT BOT !
PLEASE EXPLAIN OR " Seek help "

There is no such thing as a part time vegan, now 4K off and do your homework, and it better be good or you're going in the mushroom cupboard along with KetchupBum and Angus.

Maybe if SER could photoshop Moz's head on yours all the uproar over his lack of acknowledgement of David's passing would fade. ;)

Fade? He likes the uproar. As the MEN Arena concert proves.
He provokes his so-called loyal fanbase and confronts them.
By now he must think they are all crazy but he knows enough of them will pay to see him and even buy a reissue of WPINOYB with another cover. I won't but I would buy a new album with new songs.

Very longtime fan here from the boycotted Canada - traveled over 7 hours and stayed at a super sketch Airbnb to see Moz in Philly! I've seen him only twice before - slightly revealing my age here, but saw him first in '91, and second in '92, so I was well overdue! He did not disappoint. The show was absolutely fantastic. I'm still smiling from the memories. I was in left orchestra, row E. Not the worst possible seats, but not close enough to get decent pics. :( Oh well. Moz sounded amazing, his voice was in top form and he was mildly chatty. Low point was a less than splendid person close to me screaming "I still want my cheeseburgers!" over and over again after the MIM video. There were a lot of other fans telling him to shut up, and I thought it would result in a fight, which it didn't of course. We were a bit apprehensive leaving the theater as we were told by many people in Upper Darby that we should avoid that area at night LOL! We walked very briskly back to the Airbnb and made it back alive!! Thanks for the memories, Morrissey! :D

By now he must think they are all crazy but he knows enough of them will pay to see him and even buy a reissue of WPINOYB with another cover. I won't but I would buy a new album with new songs.

The fact that nothing new has been put forth in these recent concerts makes it improbable that this will happen anytime soon. We'll see.

The fact that nothing new has been put forth in these recent concerts makes it improbable that this will happen anytime soon. We'll see.

But he said the new album is written and he is no longer really trying to signing a deal with a label but getting a distribution deal.
And what about the French Etienne label and the hint of frontcoverart with the beautiful photo of the lady as Joan of Arc?
Are they all only little appetizers for fans? And there is his new management. It's about money, don't you think so too evennow?
Mind you, I don't blame him.

But he said the new album is written and he is no longer really trying to signing a deal with a label but getting a distribution deal.
And what about the French Etienne label and the hint of frontcoverart with the beautiful photo of the lady as Joan of Arc?
Are they all only little appetizers for fans? And there is his new management. It's about money, don't you think so too evennow?
Mind you, I don't blame him.

Tick...tick...tick. The sand is running through the hour glass quicker than ever now. Very few bands make money on their music today. It is all about the touring. He seems happy filling small venues, which is fine, but he was just in my town and I didn't go. I saw him on the Quarry tour and was glad I went because I love that record.

A great, mass appeal rock album would be great, but after WP it doesn't seem in the cards. I just saw Bruce Springsteen on the Stephen Cobert show and he is in his 60s and still relevant playing 4 hour concerts. He also suffers from depression, which I didn't know.

Moz will always be a C list act because he chooses to be one. He is like a kid with a whole box full of fun toys, but will only let you play with the ones he lets you. I'm too old to deal with a petulant child. I will leave that up to others.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me a Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided karelMoz.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom