Philadelphia, PA - The Met Philadelphia (Dec. 3, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Am Veronica / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Bullfighter Dies / Knockabout World / Girlfriend In A Coma / Rebels Without Applause / I Live In Oblivion / The Loop / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: I loved when he was saying, "you're still here,you've done very well.." I assume that was about fans being annoyed about his set list or something. Also when he said the word sport I was really hoping he might give a mention about Philly being huge sports town but nah it didn't happen lol 🤣🤣

I don’t know if PETA was influenced by the film.

But he doesn’t sing ‘I am not an animal’

Not to say that he’s not familiar with the film, because he is. But in HSIN? from the other night, he sang ‘I am an animal, so happy to be an animal … so happy…’

just in case journalists are taking notes.

The t-shirt flips the line from The Elephant Man on its head. I am not an animal - I am a human being becomes I am an animal - [I am a human being].

The t-shirt flips the line from The Elephant Man on its head. I am not an animal - I am a human being becomes I am an animal - [I am a human being].

Does it? maybe it does? It could, yes? Do you have a link to a PETA article that discusses this?

As I said .. I don’t know if PETA was influenced by the film.

But that’s beside the point, since Morrissey wore the shirt the night after, I think it’s safe to assume, he drew inspiration from the shirt and not the film, when he changed those lyrics. That’s all I’m saying.

Does it? maybe it does? It could, yes? Do you have a link to a PETA article that discusses this?

As I said .. I don’t know if PETA was influenced by the film.

But that’s beside the point, since Morrissey wore the shirt the night after, I think it’s safe to assume, he drew inspiration from the shirt and not the film, when he changed those lyrics. That’s all I’m saying.
The blurb from the initial link provided (PETA t-shirt shop):

As primates, you and I are members of the kingdom Animalia. Yep, we're animals! This thought-provoking tee reminds people of this biological fact and urges them to fight speciesism—discrimination against other members of our Animalia family simply because they have fur, fins, feathers, or feelers.

It was also the title of a documentary about a Morrissey PETA favourite: Ingrid Newkirk.

EkIo-1KXsAIt4dk.png

Regards,
FWD.

The blurb from the initial link provided (PETA t-shirt shop):

As primates, you and I are members of the kingdom Animalia. Yep, we're animals! This thought-provoking tee reminds people of this biological fact and urges them to fight speciesism—discrimination against other members of our Animalia family simply because they have fur, fins, feathers, or feelers.

It was also the title of a documentary about a Morrissey PETA favourite: Ingrid Newkirk.

View attachment 86923

Regards,
FWD.
This documentary of the same title is also well worth a watch. PETA is clearly a 'problematic' organisation to say the least - and its founder, Ingrid Newkirk, gives off an odd vibe. She has mandated in her will that after her death she wants part of her body to be cooked on a barbecue to make a point. Not sure how many people that will convert to the cause...

Back
Top Bottom