Phil Anselmo interview (Smiths/Morrissey mentioned) - Songfacts

Re: Phil Anselmo interview (Smiths/Morrissey mentioned)

Especially note this: [...] "but if you hear that "Morrissey is not receiving company this evening, and won't be," then that's all you need to hear. So no, I haven't met him."

Doesn't surprise me. It seems, at least to me, that after his last collapse in Boston in 2014 and even more so since 2015 he is more guarded and protected than ever before.

This man seems like a utter delight. A Heavy metal dude that you would have never thought would have liked the smiths, yet he does. Very cute :)

Phil Anselmo is a racist scumbag.

Wow this makes him a lot less nice. What has he said or done. I googled him for a couple of minutes ago. But nothing came up more than that he was in a band called pantera

Wow this makes him a lot less nice. What has he said or done. I googled him for a couple of minutes ago. But nothing came up more than that he was in a band called pantera

He gave a white pride speech at one of his concerts ugh

Why hasn't the Kewpster combined this thread with the other Phil Anselmo thread yet?

and also, yes, it's pretty hard to see any alternative to Morrissey being if not racist, definitely xenophobic.

He gave a white pride speech at one of his concerts ugh

That's considered racist? I thought pride was acceptable for blacks or gays. In fact any human is allowed to be proud of who they are. Otherwise it sure sounds like a double standard.

If people want to have white pride or perhaps throw a heterosexual pride parade I think they should be allowed to without hypocritical backlash.

Last edited:

That's considered racist? I thought pride was acceptable for blacks or gays. In fact any human is allowed to be proud of who they are. Otherwise it sure sounds like a double standard.

If people want to have white pride or perhaps throw a heterosexual pride parade I think they should be allowed to without hypocritical backlash.

its a title that has a lot of history with many hate groups still indentifing under that banner and title so thats why. you can also just see read what was mentioned in said speech to understand why it didnt go so well (along with all of the other stuff hes said over the years). that aside many american heavy metal bands love the smiths, dont know about the u.k

An anonymous person writes:

Phil Anselmo interview by Greg Prato (July 8, 2015) - Songfacts

Especially note this: [...] "but if you hear that "Morrissey is not receiving company this evening, and won't be," then that's all you need to hear. So no, I haven't met him."

Songfacts: Who are some of your favorite songwriters of all-time?

Phil: Just this year alone, I've seen Nick Cave, Morrissey, and Stevie Wonder... give me a break! David Bowie, the Beatles, Queen... oh my God, Queen. Mercyful Fate, early demo and first album Agnostic Front, Black Flag, Black Sabbath. Man, I can be answering you until 5:30 tonight.

Songfacts: I was surprised to learn you are a fan of The Smiths.

Phil: I adore them. Brutally honest band. Tongue-in-cheek humor, dark humor. Excellent musicianship, excellent songs.

And really, Morrissey is a phenom. It's like, "Where did this guy come from?" And, "Did he always just have this crooning talent?" It's pretty magical, if you ask me.

Songfacts: Have you ever met Morrissey?
What do Pantera and The Smiths have in common? Both have songs called "Cemetery Gates" (The Smiths on their 1986 album The Queen Is Dead, Pantera on their 1990 set Cowboys From Hell).
Phil: No. This past time in New Orleans, a couple of weeks back, he played here. Somebody knew somebody who knew somebody, and word got back to me. I guess the kind way to put it was, "I would be slightly disappointed were I to meet him." It would be like meeting David Lee Roth and having him dick you off or something. Nobody wants that - to have their idols be in a bad mood. And I'm not saying that would be the case, but if you hear that "Morrissey is not receiving company this evening, and won't be," then that's all you need to hear. So no, I haven't met him

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you serious right now? i bet you are one of those people that think reverse racism is something that actually exists

Are you serious right now? i bet you are one of those people that think reverse racism is something that actually exists

What is reverse racism? There is only racism. Blacks can be racist, whites can be racist, Asians can be racist etc. etc. and be racist toward any and all other groups.

What is reverse racism? There is only racism. Blacks can be racist, whites can be racist, Asians can be racist etc. etc. and be racist toward any and all other groups.

lmao what? you can't be racist towards white people!!! you can have prejudice against them, but that's not racism.

Here are some good articles thax explain why reverse racism or racism again white people is bs

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/07/15/884649/-Why-there-s-no-such-thing-as-Reverse-Racism#

"Reverse Racism" would only describe a society in which all the rules and roles were turned upside down. That has not happened in the U.S., however much white right wing ideologues want to complain that they're being victimized by the few points of equality that minorities and women have managed to claim. White people who complain about "Reverse Racism" are actually complaining about being denied their privileges, rather than being denied their rights. They feel entitled to be hired and not to be discriminated against, even though the norm is white people discriminating against blacks. If, in a rare instance, a black employer discriminates against a white job applicant, that's not "reverse" anything -- it's simple discrimination. It's to be condemned on principle, but it's not evidence of some systematic program by which whites are being deprived of their rights.

The right wing popularized the term "Reverse Racism" because they were really angry at having their white privileges challenged. Anyone who uses that phrase, whether they are right wing or not, furthers the right wing's cause. This is what I tell Democrats and progressives who I hear using the term -- not only are they being inaccurate, but they're helping out their opponents.

and here's is a video that explain it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/03/aamer-rahman-reverse-racism-_n_4379326.html

I saw Pantera once. It was awesome.

lmao what? you can't be racist towards white people!!! you can have prejudice against them, but that's not racism.

Here are some good articles thax explain why reverse racism or racism again white people is bs

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/07/15/884649/-Why-there-s-no-such-thing-as-Reverse-Racism#

"Reverse Racism" would only describe a society in which all the rules and roles were turned upside down. That has not happened in the U.S., however much white right wing ideologues want to complain that they're being victimized by the few points of equality that minorities and women have managed to claim. White people who complain about "Reverse Racism" are actually complaining about being denied their privileges, rather than being denied their rights. They feel entitled to be hired and not to be discriminated against, even though the norm is white people discriminating against blacks. If, in a rare instance, a black employer discriminates against a white job applicant, that's not "reverse" anything -- it's simple discrimination. It's to be condemned on principle, but it's not evidence of some systematic program by which whites are being deprived of their rights.

The right wing popularized the term "Reverse Racism" because they were really angry at having their white privileges challenged. Anyone who uses that phrase, whether they are right wing or not, furthers the right wing's cause. This is what I tell Democrats and progressives who I hear using the term -- not only are they being inaccurate, but they're helping out their opponents.

and here's is a video that explain it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/03/aamer-rahman-reverse-racism-_n_4379326.html

You are wrong. And you're missing the point. Racism is not a white invention, it's a human invention. There is no such thing as "reverse racism", only racism.

There are racist whites. There are racist blacks. There are Pakistanis who are racist and there are Chinese who are racist. I could be an Indian and be racist toward white people. Perhaps I think I am superior to whites. I am racist. Perhaps I am black and I am racist towards whites. Racism is racism. It exists among every culture in the world. People in India are not free from racist attitudes toward non Indians. People in China are not free from racist attitudes toward non Chinese.

I'm not sure if that is a term invented by ignorant "white power" brethren, however it is a dumb term. It is true that it is fine to have white pride, however I do not hold that all people who have white pride are free from stupidity. There are people among them who are as stupid as a rock.

Stupid or not, and as stupid as having pride for something you haven't earned is, gays seem to be fond of it. Blacks are encouraged to have pride. Whites should be able to have pride as well, based on the rules, or else it is a double standard. Otherwise the goal is not equality, the goal is pushing the whites and heterosexuals out of power and taking power for "minority groups". That's not equality, it's just a change in who the dominant tribe is, an effective repeat of the cycle.

Last edited:

You're missing the point. Racism is not a white invention, it's a human invention. There is no such thing as "reverse racism", only racism.

There are racist whites. There are racist blacks. There are Pakistanis who are racist and there are Chinese who are racist. I could be an Indian and be racist toward white people. Perhaps I think I am superior to whites. I am racist. Perhaps I am black and I am racist towards whites. Racism is racism. It exists among every culture in the world. People in India are not free from racist attitudes toward non Indians. People in Israel are not free from racist attitudes toward non Jews.

I'm not sure if that is a term invented by ignorant "white power" brethren, however it is a dumb term. It is true that it is fine to have white pride, however I do not hold that all people who have white pride are free from stupidity. There are people among them who are as stupid as a rock.

Stupid or not, and as stupid as having pride for something you haven't earned is, gays seem to be fond of it. Blacks are encouraged to have pride. Whites should be able to have pride as well, based on the rules, or else it is a double standard. Otherwise the goal is not equality, the goal is pushing the whites and heterosexuals out of power and taking power for "minority groups". That's not equality, it's just a change in who the dominant tribe is, an effective repeat of the cycle.

um i think you are the one missing the point. If you read what i posted you would understand very clearly why racism against white people doesn't exist. Minorities can be prejudiced against white people, of course, but not racist. I don't know why i bother with Morrissey fans, i forgot most of you defend every little racist thing he says

I saw Pantera once. It was awesome.

they were my first musical purchase. i was clueless to modern music but just wanted to buy an album and picked totally at random and it turned out to be there second album. you can imagine what it was like when i pout it in the stereo of my mothers car who drove us ( i was like eleven or so i think ). whatd you buy? i dont know but it looked neat. well put it in and see what it sounds like. ok .... blam. as for phil changing his tune i dont know, hes always been pretty out there so i would doubt it

John

I got what you intend, thankyou for putting up.Woh I am glad to find this website through google. It is a very hard undertaking to seek to please everybody. by Publilius Syrus. kddakeecbaeddgdk

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom