Peter Katsis statement: "All this over a pin?" - Morrissey Official FB (24 May, 2019)

"All this over a pin?

Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions.

Morrissey has never been affiliated with any political party in the past. Morrissey has never voted in his life, and is not a member of any political party.

Morrissey opposes racism, hatred and press censorship. Morrissey believes in free speech and free expression and opposes totalitarian regimes. Morrissey has only ever met two political figures - Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair.

Morrissey currently wears lapel pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde.

Morrissey is quite used to smear campaigns from the UK press. It is nothing new for us.

Thanks to the fans the CS record is currently # 2 at HMV today. And thanks to Merseyrail for all the extra press today!

A great holiday weekend to all. - PK."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you denying that For Britain, Tommy Robinson, the EDL and suchlike are fundamentally racist? They 100% are! Yet Morrissey has come out in support of all those movements. TR is a gutter thug, an ex football hooligan, a certified criminal, he’s been targeting ethnic minority’s long before 9/11, long before the Manchester Bombings, long before he ever had an excuse. EDL members we’re even arrested a few years ago for planning to blow up a mosque in Bournemouth lol. Lift your head out the sand, stop being blinded by your love for Morrissey.

YES YES YES - we are denying they are fundamentally racist. Now you get it - at last.

That’s really the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on these pages, even outskinnying Skinny.
If Moz is now the face of fascism to you, wouldn’t it be time to take down your fascist Moz/Smiths-Facebookpage? Or stop visiting a website dedicated to a facsist?

Ok well, I should’ve said “in the eyes of many” he’s the face of fascism. And I keep these kinds of discussions off the Facebook page, we don’t discuss the politics, we just have a mutual passion for his music and collectors items. And if there’s anyone on here that enjoys the collectors page and is disappointed by my comments on Solo, then sorry, but like I said, I can’t stand by Morrissey on this one.

YES YES YES - we are denying they are fundamentally racist. Now you get it - at last.

Doh! Then you’re more in denial that I thought. And like so many others on here, you can’t have a rational or objective view on it, your posts have proved that. Your ramblings come from a place of defensive fanaticism. This forum is toxic, it’s full of lunatics.

Ok well, I should’ve said “in the eyes of many” he’s the face of fascism. And I keep these kinds of discussions off the Facebook page, we don’t discuss the politics, we just have a mutual passion for his music and collectors items. And if there’s anyone on here that enjoys the collectors page and is disappointed by my comments on Solo, then sorry, but like I said, I can’t stand by Morrissey on this one.
You don’t have to. I don’t agree with his presumed politics either, or with his extreme animal welfare-agenda for that matter, but that doesn’t keep me from enjoying the music.

It still seems strange to me that so many fans struggle with this, although it seems to be UK fans primarily.

Morrissey stands for so much more, and I think his ‘politics’ is only a very small part of his persona. Like his ‘nasty judges’-phase in the past (which went on a little too long) I do hope he leaves this politics-phase soon behind him. Enough is too much!

You don’t have to. I don’t agree with his presumed politics either, or with his extreme animal welfare-agenda for that matter, but that doesn’t keep me from enjoying the music.

It still seems strange to me that so many fans struggle with this, although it seems to be UK fans primarily.

Morrissey stands for so much more, and I think his ‘politics’ is only a very small part of his persona. Like his ‘nasty judges’-phase in the past (which went on a little too long) I do hope he leaves this politics-phase soon behind him. Enough is too much!

That’s because decent British people don’t stand for that sort of intolerance, we weren’t brought up that way, we’re proud of the multiculturalism and diversity we have in this country.

Sadly there’s a few that’s living in the Stone Ages, those parties Morrisseys aligning himself with are living in the Stone Age. They want an exclusively white Britain, I don’t care how they chose to dress it up, that’s what they’re gunning for.

And what about White British homegrown people that have committed atrocities or heinous crimes on British soil, what country do we expel them to?

Cue defensive statement from management which is way too late to dampen the flames.

‘In flames our prophet witches
Be polite’

.. one person is offended and posters are removed... virtually everyone is offended by something we should take everything down.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity?"

I bought his new album and I quite like it. As usual! Interestingly, he has done versions of lefties singers. Oh my!!

About the statement! It is a massive contradiction and it doesn't make sense! He is wearing pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde and believing in all the things mentioned, but at the same time he is wearing a For Britain (right-wing and anti-Islam party) pin? And he is asking people to give them a chance?
OK I am vegetarian, but tomorrow I will join the Butcher's Union, only because they are very nice people. I actually wear pins of PeTA, Morrissey, Pamela Anderson, Martin Luther King and Quentin Crisp!!

Taking down the poster was an act of stupidity! It would be better to ask to remove posters that are degrading for women!!

That’s really the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on these pages, even outskinnying Skinny.
If Moz is now the face of fascism to you, wouldn’t it be time to take down your fascist Moz/Smiths-Facebookpage? Or stop visiting a website dedicated to a facsist?

Really? The stupidest thing?

The mind reels at how many mindless posts I have read here over the years. The more irreverent the better...endlessly entertaining.

Fascism!
Turn to the left
Fascism!
Turn to the right
Oooh, Fascism!
We are the goon squad and we're coming to town
Beep-beep Beep-beep
Listen to me - don't listen to me
Talk to me - don't talk to me
Vote with me - don't vote with me, no
Beep-beep
There's a brand new talk, but it's not very clear
Oh bop
That people from good homes are talking this year
Oh bop, Fascism It's loud and tasteless and I've heard it before
Oh bop
You shout it while you're walking into the voting pole
Oh bop, Fascism

This site makes it impossible to make any reasoned point with people taking sides and just screaming the same stuff over and over.
The UK electoral system is the thing you should be screaming at, but a singer is easier right?
If 4Britain are as bad as people allege here, then why are they even allowed to be a party in the first place? Are there not rules about what they can and can't do? They are checked to be legal and not inciting by the government and police CT are they not?
Oh yeah, and that small thing called democracy too.
Any one of you f***ers can go raise some cash and pay it to the gov and become a VALID, electable party overnight. THAT process is what the perpetually angry racist screamers should target - not a singer who is FREE to support any VALID UK political party regardless of very angry skinnybot3000 types and knee jerking rail lines.
Anyone who says someone shouldn't support something that is allowed to exist legally is no better than the fascists they claim to hate.
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE CAN FOLLOW OR SUPPORT.
You will never be in full possession of the facts and all the outrage here just smacks of virtue signalling and desperate attention seeking like that of a certain hater we all hate.
No right minded f***er on the planet will vote them in so who f***ing cares.
And shock horror, if they do get seats then it's the will of the people and tough shit deal with it. Welcome to British democracy. Don't vote for people you think are NAZIS and your problem is solved. But no, lets make Morrissey responsible for asian bashing and blame a pin on hurting people. Seems many here can't see the wood for the trees. Go get annoyed at the local elections and the political process and you might just appear to be understanding the bigger picture.
Democracy does work if people actually take the time to engage with it rather than just continually trying to define Morrissey's behaviour on here.
None of the hundreds of pages here will change Morrissey ever so it all counts for nothing. Your vote, on the other hand, does.

Ade1973

There is a concerted effort to shout people down when they mention Morrissey's racism by people who have made bold racist claims.

Yes, the system is woeful but a singer promoting racism isn't an answer.

“Absolutely horrific. You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.” That was the exact quote.

Actually .....

Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

I understand why the media pulls that comment out of context to use as clickbait. But I find it strange that fans
that have some idea of how strongly he feels about the subject of animal rights
can not see/read that comment in context of the subject that he and the interviewer were discussing to see that he was referring to those people that treat animals in that barbaric and horrific manner, it could have been in any country, but the article they were discussing just happened to be about the horrific treatment of animals in China.

‘Armitage said Morrissey was typically and deliberately provocative throughout the interview. "I thought at the time it was a dangerous thing to say into a tape recorder. He must have known it would make waves, he's not daft," he said. "But he's provocative and theatrical, and it was one of dozens of dramatic pronouncements. I'm not an apologist for that kind of remark, and couldn't ignore it. But clearly, when it comes to animal rights and animal welfare, he's absolutely unshakable in his beliefs. In his view, if you treat an animal badly, you are less than human. I think that was his point."

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2010/sep/03/morrissey-china-subspecies-racism

Actually .....

Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

I understand why the media pulls that comment out of context to use as clickbait. But I find it strange that fans
that have some idea of how strongly he feels about the subject of animal rights
can not see/read that comment in context of the subject that he and the interviewer were discussing to see that he was referring to those people that treat animals in that barbaric and horrific manner, it could have been in any country, but the article they were discussing just happened to be about the horrific treatment of animals in China.

‘Armitage said Morrissey was typically and deliberately provocative throughout the interview. "I thought at the time it was a dangerous thing to say into a tape recorder. He must have known it would make waves, he's not daft," he said. "But he's provocative and theatrical, and it was one of dozens of dramatic pronouncements. I'm not an apologist for that kind of remark, and couldn't ignore it. But clearly, when it comes to animal rights and animal welfare, he's absolutely unshakable in his beliefs. In his view, if you treat an animal badly, you are less than human. I think that was his point."

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2010/sep/03/morrissey-china-subspecies-racism

He said it. And that’s that.

I think the most disappointing thing about Morrissey's increasingly idiotic comments the last few years, is not in itself that he seems to be diametrically on the opposite side of the political spectrum from me – but rather that he's become such a f***ing pathetic, predictable aging white guy. I wish he'd at least be a c*** in an interesting way, I guess.

But it would be OK if he sang about Thatcher on the chopping block or said the IRA bombings were good..or killers like the krays or said he liked some Negro rap music that hates women and gays.

The left, as they were are dead.

I bought his new album and I quite like it. As usual! Interestingly, he has done versions of lefties singers. Oh my!!

About the statement! It is a massive contradiction and it doesn't make sense! He is wearing pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde and believing in all the things mentioned, but at the same time he is wearing a For Britain (right-wing and anti-Islam party) pin? And he is asking people to give them a chance?
OK I am vegetarian, but tomorrow I will join the Butcher's Union, only because they are very nice people. I actually wear pins of PeTA, Morrissey, Pamela Anderson, Martin Luther King and Quentin Crisp!!

Some of my best pins are black. :lbf:

;) sorry! couldn’t resist.

Kidding aside, I agree with your post.

And as Rolling Stone recently summed up his political views quite correctly with just these two words...

‘perplexing politics’

which is much closer to the truth especially when compared to all these false accusations being thrown at him.

Last edited:
Doh! Then you’re more in denial that I thought. And like so many others on here, you can’t have a rational or objective view on it, your posts have proved that. Your ramblings come from a place of defensive fanaticism. This forum is toxic, it’s full of lunatics.
You are a founding member of the club.

Really? The stupidest thing?

The mind reels at how many mindless posts I have read here over the years. The more irreverent the better...endlessly entertaining.

Fascism!
Turn to the left
Fascism!
Turn to the right
Oooh, Fascism!
We are the goon squad and we're coming to town
Beep-beep Beep-beep
Listen to me - don't listen to me
Talk to me - don't talk to me
Vote with me - don't vote with me, no
Beep-beep
There's a brand new talk, but it's not very clear
Oh bop
That people from good homes are talking this year
Oh bop, Fascism It's loud and tasteless and I've heard it before
Oh bop
You shout it while you're walking into the voting pole
Oh bop, Fascism
Are they getting to you?

Morrissey is his very own contradiction. He hates the establishment and wants change but doesn't say how. He won't sully his hands with voting so shouts idly from the sidelines. He obsesses about chart placings and gongs. He celebrates his victories but moans about losing out.

In short .... he is as he has always been, an arse.

His recent endorsement really does tie his colour to the mast. It's his decision. He's already feeling the consequences. Tough.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom