Peter Katsis statement: "All this over a pin?" - Morrissey Official FB (24 May, 2019)

"All this over a pin?

Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions.

Morrissey has never been affiliated with any political party in the past. Morrissey has never voted in his life, and is not a member of any political party.

Morrissey opposes racism, hatred and press censorship. Morrissey believes in free speech and free expression and opposes totalitarian regimes. Morrissey has only ever met two political figures - Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair.

Morrissey currently wears lapel pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde.

Morrissey is quite used to smear campaigns from the UK press. It is nothing new for us.

Thanks to the fans the CS record is currently # 2 at HMV today. And thanks to Merseyrail for all the extra press today!

A great holiday weekend to all. - PK."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
:straightface:
so now it was Moz plan to have skinny and Dave al Salaam Islam and their parrot dorks create all their twattery in order to create publicity to sell the new album.

:rolleyes:

i think there is a bus headed to the crazy person tower. it needs to make several pick ups in this thread.:lbf:

Indeed. He himself chose to wear that stupid pin and to become an useful idiot for a racist organisation. He could easily have basked in the glory of successful Broadway shows and the cover album could have been a celebration and a victory lap for his 60th birthday. But no, he f***ed it up himself. No use playing the victim card here.

Well said. Exactly!

Reelfountain wiil be furious that you have chosen another. She'll deny this, of course, she's a renowned denier.

I hope Brummie Boy appreciates your candour.

I like to read posts from people that challenge me intellectually. It is never a bad idea to reconsider your thoughts on any given issue. Most times they reinforce, but occasionally redefine how I see the world.

Brummie has disappeared from these boards, and was an instigator to some, but I found his posts to be extremely well reasoned whether I agreed with their content or not.

The weird thing is that Morrissey has just released one of his most political albums... Even if they are covers.
The "it's just a pin" statement can be a bit absurd, and probably Morrissey can't review his own album because it would be even more absurd... Though it is damn weird that the press has failed to notice that the album delivers a political message that is openly anti-racist, certainly supporting gays, absolutely playing with the gender roles, and clearly feminist.

The journalists seem to be perplexed by the obvious fact that California Son is probably the most radical left-wing album of the year among the albums that get into the charts...

So, yes... I don't know what the hell they are reviewing, because it's not the obviously left-wing album that Morrissey released (a few of them were upset by the fact that the Dylan cover is undoubtedly against racism).

Other than that: California Son is so incredibly good!!!! A true 10/10 stars!!!

^ as above so below, truth!

‘The weird thing is that Morrissey has just released one of his most political albums... Even if they are covers.

The "it's just a pin" statement can be a bit absurd, and probably Morrissey can't review his own album because it would be even more absurd... Though it is damn weird that the press has failed to notice that the album delivers a political message that is openly anti-racist, certainly supporting gays, absolutely playing with the gender roles, and clearly feminist.

The journalists seem to be perplexed by the obvious fact that California Son is probably the most radical left-wing album of the year among the albums that get into the charts...

So, yes... I don't know what the hell they are reviewing, because it's not the obviously left-wing album that Morrissey released (a few of them were upset by the fact that the Dylan cover is undoubtedly against racism).

Other than that: California Son is so incredibly good!!!! A true 10/10 stars!!!’

:thumb:

^ as above so below, truth!

Verum, sine mendacio, certum et verissimum: the new album is fantastic!

And the review of those who simply give their review by hitting a "like" or "dislike" button on google is certainly positive... a 95% liked it.

Captura-de-pantalla-2019-05-25-a-las-4-51-08-p-m.png

That other 5% are journalists!!!!

O.K... case solved... you were wondering why all the LIKES that you long for elude you... and I was telling you why :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. No.

Verum, sine mendacio, certum et verissimum: the new album is fantastic!

And the review of those who simply give their review by hitting a "like" or "dislike" button on google is certainly positive... a 95% liked it.

Captura-de-pantalla-2019-05-25-a-las-4-51-08-p-m.png

That other 5% are journalists!!!!

:thumb:

I bought his new album and I quite like it. As usual! Interestingly, he has done versions of lefties singers. Oh my!!
I bought his new album and I quite like it. As usual! Interestingly, he has done versions of lefties singers. Oh my!!

About the statement! It is a massive contradiction and it doesn't make sense! He is wearing pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde and believing in all the things mentioned, but at the same time he is wearing a For Britain (right-wing and anti-Islam party) pin? And he is asking people to give them a chance?
OK I am vegetarian, but tomorrow I will join the Butcher's Union, only because they are very nice people. I actually wear pins of PeTA, Morrissey, Pamela Anderson, Martin Luther King and Quentin Crisp!!

That particular combination of pins / people that he admires only makes sense in Morrissey's strangely wired head. For most people including myself, it is baffling though: I can't see a person like James Baldwin warming up to Anne Marie Waters' views. But I don't think that Morrissey takes a rational approach to this. His thinking strikes me more as a patchwork of (emotional) reactions to time, places and situations, and he's not looking for consistency between them. For people used to more rigorous analysis, like journalists and many of his fans including myself, he's difficult to grasp, I have seen quite a few reviews stating that it s unbearable to hear him interpret protest songs by lefties after everything he has said or suggested recently.

Morrissey is attracted to protest songs because he rages against the mainstream and accepted norms by instinct / nature. I am also willing to believe these songs informed his world views as an adolescent and that he still stands behind them now, even as his latest utterings seem to contradict that.

A better explanation is certainly needed.

Every 'controversy' and idiotic thing Morrissey has said or done has been for the sake of publicity.
When the backlash comes - as he knows it will - it simply feeds his persecution complex and the whole cycle starts again.

Ridiculous stunts from a man who must have committed 'career suicide' about 4 times now and still limps on.

Hmm, not really, Amy. Morrissey is genuinely idiotic when it comes to politics. He has never thought things through. I've always hated Irish Blood as it contains his stupidly vague lyrics about being sick to death of Labour and Cons. He is an intelligent man and he is a decent man but when it comes to politics and international relations, he hasn't got a f***ing clue. The suggestions on his song Israel, that the problems are simply caused by jealousy might be the stupidest thing anyone, let alone him, has ever said.

Hmm, not really, Amy. Morrissey is genuinely idiotic when it comes to politics. He has never thought things through. I've always hated Irish Blood as it contains his stupidly vague lyrics about being sick to death of Labour and Cons. He is an intelligent man and he is a decent man but when it comes to politics and international relations, he hasn't got a f***ing clue. The suggestions on his song Israel, that the problems are simply caused by jealousy might be the stupidest thing anyone, let alone him, has ever said.

Amen to that.

That particular combination of pins / people that he admires only makes sense in Morrissey's strangely wired head. For most people including myself, it is baffling though: I can't see a person like James Baldwin warming up to Anne Marie Waters' views. But I don't think that Morrissey takes a rational approach to this. His thinking strikes me more as a patchwork of (emotional) reactions to time, places and situations, and he's not looking for consistency between them. For people used to more rigorous analysis, like journalists and many of his fans including myself, he's difficult to grasp, I have seen quite a few reviews stating that it s unbearable to hear him interpret protest songs by lefties after everything he has said or suggested recently.

Morrissey is attracted to protest songs because he rages against the mainstream and accepted norms by instinct / nature. I am also willing to believe these songs informed his world views as an adolescent and that he still stands behind them now, even as his latest utterings seem to contradict that.

A better explanation is certainly needed.

Malcom X was a revolutionary and a essentially a black nationalist. But you're assuming a lot here. Why does his pins have to tie into some kind of unified theme? He might wear a pin based on a single thought or quality into what that pin may represent, But people gotta stop this left and right nonsense. Moz is passed that. He has a nationalistic and patriotic view of his countries past and hopeful future

Malcom X was a revolutionary and a essentially a black nationalist. But you're assuming a lot here. Why does his pins have to tie into some kind of unified theme? He might wear a pin based on a single thought or quality into what that pin may represent, But people gotta stop this left and right nonsense. Moz is passed that. He has a nationalistic and patriotic view of his countries past and hopeful future

Morrissey's so patriotic and "loves" his country - he doesn't even live there!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

If I remember it correctly, Malcolm X was quite a controversial figure within the civil rights movement.

I agree with you that Morrissey wears the pins of persons / movements he admires with no overarching view behind it. He does not want to be pigeon-holed or labeled, that just wouldn't fit his highly individualistic spirit.

All I said was that some journalists seem to think in that way - probably a professional malformation. Or at least, that is my interpretation when reading sentences like "How can a person who is openly supportive of For Britain be covering protest songs from left-wing writers? How insincere!!! We can't have that". Oh well, if they can't take it, then it is their loss.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom