Peter Katsis statement: "All this over a pin?" - Morrissey Official FB (24 May, 2019)

"All this over a pin?

Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions.

Morrissey has never been affiliated with any political party in the past. Morrissey has never voted in his life, and is not a member of any political party.

Morrissey opposes racism, hatred and press censorship. Morrissey believes in free speech and free expression and opposes totalitarian regimes. Morrissey has only ever met two political figures - Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair.

Morrissey currently wears lapel pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde.

Morrissey is quite used to smear campaigns from the UK press. It is nothing new for us.

Thanks to the fans the CS record is currently # 2 at HMV today. And thanks to Merseyrail for all the extra press today!

A great holiday weekend to all. - PK."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

"All this over a pin?

Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions.

Morrissey has never been affiliated with any political party in the past. Morrissey has never voted in his life, and is not a member of any political party.

Morrissey opposes racism, hatred and press censorship. Morrissey believes in free speech and free expression and opposes totalitarian regimes. Morrissey has only ever met two political figures - Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair.

Morrissey currently wears lapel pins of James Baldwin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Aretha Franklin, Oscar Wilde.

Morrissey is quite used to smear campaigns from the UK press. It is nothing new for us.

Thanks to the fans the CS record is currently # 2 at HMV today. And thanks to Merseyrail for all the extra press today!

A great holiday weekend to all. - PK."

Regards,
FWD.

Haha!!! Love it!! S'up @Uncleskinny @ordinaryboy86 @Surface
20180810_205224.jpg

English martyrs club!!!

Is there a pic with Blair??

"Just a pin" representing a group that Nigel Farage thinks are a bit too racist. Same old story from the right – they're allowed to use their freedom of speech as much as they like, but if anyone reacts, they're either trying to stifle free speech or being hysterical. But hey man, it's just a pin. I guess a swastika is just an ancient Buddhist symbol as well right. I'll always have a place for Moz in my heart, but he's either completely lost the plot, or is trying too hard to stay relevant despite his career being on a serious downward spiral, both in terms of quality and public interest. He needs to just retire, I don't see him putting out another quality record past 60 (though I'd love to be surprised), and the amount of people willing to pay to see him live are dwindling daily.

So like nobody put a gun to his head forcing to wear the pin or the people he's supported in other ways, he chooses to do this over and over again.
There was a way out of this though, he could have been big enough to apologize, admit wearing the pin was wrong, disavow the racist politics he has supported not with his votes but with his speech which as a public figure he should have been well aware of the consequences of this, but no, he doesn't go that way, instead he paints himself as a "victim" of the British system, not the only aging white male Brit to do that to be sure, its all so pedestrian and frankly?
its pathetic :rolleyes:

Last edited:
[…]instead he paints himself as a "victim" of the British system, not the only aging white male Brit man to do that to be sure, its all so pedestrian and frankly?
its pathetic :rolleyes:

I think the most disappointing thing about Morrissey's increasingly idiotic comments the last few years, is not in itself that he seems to be diametrically on the opposite side of the political spectrum from me – but rather that he's become such a f***ing pathetic, predictable aging white guy. I wish he'd at least be a c*** in an interesting way, I guess.

I think the most disappointing thing about Morrissey's increasingly idiotic comments the last few years, is not in itself that he seems to be diametrically on the opposite side of the political spectrum from me – but rather that he's become such a f***ing pathetic, predictable aging white guy. I wish he'd at least be a c*** in an interesting way, I guess.
omg, I feel the same way and it scares me, I'm 46 and just hope I've innoculated myself with being a stranger in many a strange land but never forgetting the privilege I've been able to that with simply by being a white male that speaks English, I hope I remain thankful, even more so as I get old and not just become another bitter old white guy as our once glorious Moz has become :squiffy:
some part of me will never blame him completely for what's happened to him though, its the people around him, not so much that they push this garbage, but they must be sycophantic pricks and c***s, that well, don't tell him the truth :straightface:

I’d have so much more respect for Morrissey if he just had the balls to come out and say “it makes me sick to see hijabs in Piccadilly Circus” or whatever. The way he and his manager dance around the subject is just spineless. “Morrissey has never been affiliated with a political party,” except for when he explicitly endorsed one and urged his fans to vote for them.

Morrissey is entitled to his lousy opinion, but he should at least have the strength of conviction to maintain it.

I’d have so much more respect for Morrissey if he just had the balls to come out and say “it makes me sick to see hijabs in Piccadilly Circus” or whatever. The way he and his manager dance around the subject is just spineless. “Morrissey has never been affiliated with a political party,” except for when he explicitly endorsed one and urged his fans to vote for them.

Morrissey is entitled to his lousy opinion, but he should at least have the strength of conviction to maintain it.
strangely, I agree with this as well, its the quality of closeted racism that makes it all so particularly revolting, its all double speak, something I never thought our Moz would be so knee deep in, and well, he's not even very good at it :rolleyes:

"Just a pin" representing a group that Nigel Farage thinks are a bit too racist. Same old story from the right – they're allowed to use their freedom of speech as much as they like, but if anyone reacts, they're either trying to stifle free speech or being hysterical. But hey man, it's just a pin. I guess a swastika is just an ancient Buddhist symbol as well right. I'll always have a place for Moz in my heart, but he's either completely lost the plot, or is trying too hard to stay relevant despite his career being on a serious downward spiral, both in terms of quality and public interest. He needs to just retire, I don't see him putting out another quality record past 60 (though I'd love to be surprised), and the amount of people willing to pay to see him live are dwindling daily.

Make an argument against Nationalism. Provider evidence For Britain is racist

Do you have an argument against Nationalism or the criticism of Islamic ideology and it's inability to assimilate with western culture and values?

Do you have an argument against Nationalism or the criticism of Islamic ideology and it's inability to assimilate with western culture and values?

If it incites hate and some knuckle dragging yob is gonna verbally abuse, or smack a foreigner in the face, in the name of nationalism. Are you ok with that? A yes or no will do...

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom