Official Facebook Peter Katsis: Simpsons Responses (April 19, 2021)

"Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."

As guessed - author is Peter Katsis.
Regards,
FWD.

Update - a second post from Peter Katsis:

More shoddy journalism by COS and Pitchfork today.

They attributed my quote (on The Simpson’s poor writing) to Morrissey, while using false facts to try and support more meaningless stories

More former journalistic press outlets now turning to the same tactics The Simpson’s used to gain attention.

Other real papers, like Rolling Stone, called to ask who wrote the comment.

Someone should tell COS and Pitchfork that is what is called “journalism".

In the meantime nobody has even mentioned the horrible false portrayal of Morrissey used by The Simpsons team. - Peter Katsis

Update - third post. Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..

Why did Cumberbatch even agree to take this voice-over gig playing the Morrissey character?

Could he be that hard up for cash that he would agree to bad rap another artist that harshly?

Clearly he would have read the outline or script before he took the gig.

Could he actually be as big an asshole as the people on The Simpson’s writing team? and the FOX team?

Apparently so. Maybe he should speak up and tell his side of this.

Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im guessing its the simpsons trying to curry favour now with the woke crowd. "We're sorry about the Apu stuff, but hey look over here, we'll have a go at some low hanging fruit to try and show we are different now!"

Please leave Moz' low hanging fruit alone, hasn't he suffered enough??

This cartoon was really about learnin' to conform.
That little girl started standin' up for herself, but
it was all imaginary.
Then at the end the Mother told her she was goin'
through a teenage phase.
Yeah they went after Moz, but that conformity stuff
was the most scary part for Wild T.

Congratulations! Blocked by Skinny is the highest accolade you can be given around here. It basically means that you talk sense, are non-judgemental, are self-aware and are not utterly obsessed by a singer from the 80s. Oh and you can write a coherent sentence. Skinny hates it when people do that. He sets crosswords, you know? About Morrissey.
Skinny blocked me years ago. When he runs out of arguments, that’s his go-to solution. In this cesspool full of lunatics, no one is a bigger fool than he is.

FFS ignore the nazi germany mindset of skinny and BigGayVelcro.:straightface:
everybody including moz can vote for whoever they want.:)
if they want to vote for commies and nazis thats their right.o_O

its a regular troll festival here now, with the LePew troll making
appearance.:blushing:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I look forward to Las Vegas and the end of Morrissey pathetic time on this planet. The Simpsons just put the final nail in his coffin. Now we simply wait for him to stop breathing inside the box.

Thank you The Simpsons for last night. Brilliant beyond words.

I don't care what anybody says about morrissey as long as he keeps making brilliant music i'll still love him
That would be the best revenge. Let's hope this rumored new album is out soon... I'd much rather be talking about new Morrissey music.

Accusing Pitchfork of producing "shoddy" journalism when it's 4 paragraphs reporting a timeline of events is perhaps the dumbest thing he's done since his original statement. Saying NOTHING would have been better. This is a f***ing disaster.

Last edited:
I don't care what anybody says about morrissey as long as he keeps making brilliant music i'll still love him

Splendidly and eloquently put.

Well, I watched the episode. It did seem unusually hateful for a Simpsons parody. Like the writer actually really despises Morrissey and wants to destroy him. It's not a nice look for the show. Like I said, the new writers or whatever is going on there, the tone of the show has been changing for a while. The stuff before it became hateful was pretty amusing and relatable. But yeesh. It's weird to have him eating meat as one of their big "DIE MORRISSEY" moments, when if anything Morrissey has gotten even more militantly vegetarian in his later years and pissed off a lot of people for being that way.

It's like the show and many others can't wrap their head around the idea that Morrissey has some very left views, and some conservative views, like I would say most people on the planet. They can't reckon with that, so it all has to become a simplified exaggeration. Yeah, it's a cartoon, but it's interesting when the first sections of the episode felt fairly accurate and then the hateful finale didn't seem to know what it was parodying. Ah well, it's a Simpsons episode in 2021, most people will forget about it soon enough.

As my girlfriend pointed out, is it really lefty or woke to make fun of somebody for aging and gaining weight? They would never do that to a woman, right? Just a lot of weirdness all around in this episode. About as weird as the one about Itchy and Scratchy being turned into girls and Bart learning about feminism. That one was unbelievable.

Last edited:
It was a great episode until the very end. Hey, at least the Johnny Marr character looked good.

I would hope he drives to fox studios in west Los Angeles today to storm the security gate in order to homer choke the writers.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom