Official Facebook Peter Katsis: Simpsons Responses (April 19, 2021)

"Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."

As guessed - author is Peter Katsis.
Regards,
FWD.

Update - a second post from Peter Katsis:

More shoddy journalism by COS and Pitchfork today.

They attributed my quote (on The Simpson’s poor writing) to Morrissey, while using false facts to try and support more meaningless stories

More former journalistic press outlets now turning to the same tactics The Simpson’s used to gain attention.

Other real papers, like Rolling Stone, called to ask who wrote the comment.

Someone should tell COS and Pitchfork that is what is called “journalism".

In the meantime nobody has even mentioned the horrible false portrayal of Morrissey used by The Simpsons team. - Peter Katsis

Update - third post. Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..

Why did Cumberbatch even agree to take this voice-over gig playing the Morrissey character?

Could he be that hard up for cash that he would agree to bad rap another artist that harshly?

Clearly he would have read the outline or script before he took the gig.

Could he actually be as big an asshole as the people on The Simpson’s writing team? and the FOX team?

Apparently so. Maybe he should speak up and tell his side of this.

Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you agree that Uncle Skinny needs to get a job?
the only thing skinny needs is to be sectioned,guys an absolute loony.his first post was 6.05am so he must have been up well before that to go through every bit of social media.he will be on here all day,guys either a chump,maybe a roaster,definitely a space cadet,last two are scottish slang for being an absolute arsehole.tell clapton the gordyboy said hello,we go way back.

I'm detecting a lot of misdirected anger on there this morning.

Their pre-publicity was entirely positive.

And then the show & their social media attacked him.

So, they also completely changed their tune.
i was totally wrong last night when i said it would be great,dont mind admitting it.why did they go down this road,must be a bunch of lefties.

i was totally wrong last night when i said it would be great,dont mind admitting it.why did they go down this road,must be a bunch of lefties.

They read the LA Times hit piece, they're being called racist for Apu, they were going to make an example of him on Twitter to show how good they are, he doesn't network so it's not going to cause social problems...

Easy target.

Just went through a twitter trending website,
zilch on Morrissey trending
nada on The Simpsons trending
even went back 12 hours, checked worldwide, united states, ireland, los angeles, manchester
NOTHING
whole episode was a flop for The Simpsons, Morrissey lovers, and Morrissey haters.

It could have been worse. He would have been eviscerated on something like South Park.

They read the LA Times hit piece, they're being called racist for Apu, they were going to make an example of him on Twitter to show how good they are, he doesn't network so it's not going to cause social problems...

Easy target.

It can't be a reaction to that recent article. Simpsons episodes take 6 - 9 months to produce.

Show Morrissey eating burger - ahahahahah
Show Muslim eating bacon - 🆘

He lost his fortune?
Racist?
Now eats meat?

They can say what they like but it can’t be taken seriously as a critique can it.

It can't be a reaction to that recent article. Simpsons episodes take 6 - 9 months to produce.

The hit piece was October 2019.

20210419_085531.jpg

Show Morrissey eating burger - ahahahahah
Show Muslim eating bacon - 🆘

He lost his fortune?
Racist?
Now eats meat?

They can say what they like but it can’t be taken seriously as a critique can it.

In the UK veganism is a protected characteristic under equality laws - so here, that would be bigotry & discrimination.

You should know as the only person on this planet who was on Mastermind with both the Simpsons and the Smiths. :crazy:
the article came out in 2019.

I don't understand how the management could let this happen. This is a disaster.
It’s not a disaster. It’s more of the same. Not that that is welcome.

The producers of the show definitely don’t come out of this smelling of roses. Given the build up, with its faux fan love in, even those uninterested in Morrissey might be narrowing their brow at the cynical publicity manoeuvres which (it seems to me) were intended to pull in Morrissey’s fans.

If you go out for revenge dig two graves, goes the old, true, caution. And this show will be in the coffin before Morrissey.

Just went through a twitter trending website,
zilch on Morrissey trending
nada on The Simpsons trending
even went back 12 hours, checked worldwide, united states, ireland, los angeles, manchester
NOTHING
whole episode was a flop for The Simpsons, Morrissey lovers, and Morrissey haters.
Google Trends is an interesting tool to view for info.

Screenshot_20210419-091440~2.png
Screenshot_20210419-091259~2.png

It shows related searches and all Google activity by region. For example, the searching for the terms 'quilloughby', 'Morrissey Vegan' and a host of similar queries spiked during the show.
Worth a look as it captures behaviour outside of Tweets and gives an insight in to what information people look for whilst viewing.
The examples above are viewed via the USA figures as that was where it was mainly broadcast yesterday - pointless looking globally for something not available to a lot of viewers.

Regards,
FWD.

Oof, absolutely the wrong reaction from Morrissey. It's just going to set him up for more of the same.
well if you dont say anything then everybody and their granny will starting calling you whatever they want.

I've not seen it yet. I'm surprised they use the word 'wanker' in their shows these days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom