Peter Hook & The Light - Review of live show 8/16/22

I think you might be one of the only people in the world that slags off "The Josuha Tree". Not that it is the greatest of all time, but it is pretty good and better than any Joy Division album.
That's just hilarious... The two JD albums are established masterpieces... The Joshua Tree is a bloated piece of radio friendly crap... Even when allowing for different tastes and everything... :)

It's ok to go to a show if you are not an expert on the material or even if you don't know the band at all. I was once taken to a show of a band I had never heard of, turned out to be The Alarm and one of my favorite shows ever. The first time I saw New Order, they were terrible, I left. Big Audio Dynamite was a huge disappointment too, The Replacements were too drunk to stand up. People do have bad concert experiences and it's ok to say so. Also, you are allowed to prefer U2 over JD. Everyone loves Joshua Tree whether they admit it or not, even if they are like me and see it as the sell out point for U2. Bono is a huge JD fan.

NO, everyone doesn't like the Joshua Tree, i think it's turgid bland shite for the masses

That's just hilarious... The two JD albums are established masterpieces... The Joshua Tree is a bloated piece of radio friendly crap... Even when allowing for different tastes and everything...

Rolling Stones most recent Top 500 albums. So these people that value Joy Division don't value them as much as U2's Joshua Tree.

Closer 309
Unknown Pleasures 211
New Order Power Corruption Lies 262
U2 The Joshua Tree 135
U2 Achtung Baby 124
The Smiths The Queen Is Dead 113

Rolling Stones most recent Top 500 albums. So these people that value Joy Division don't value them as much as U2's Joshua Tree.

Closer 309
Unknown Pleasures 211
New Order Power Corruption Lies 262
U2 The Joshua Tree 135
U2 Achtung Baby 124
The Smiths The Queen Is Dead 113
Well… Rolling Stone…!🙂🙄

Well… Rolling Stone…!🙂🙄
Well they backed up your Joy Division claim...so you can't have it both ways.

Then who is a reputable source for a list? I am sadly afraid that anyone who had a list with U2 in the lead would be someone you didn't approve of! It's always that way with people like you.

Maybe the Sunday Gothic Times would be more your speed? They would be the only ones to have JD in front of U2!

BTW, I could have written your response for you. So predictable.

Back
Top Bottom