Peter Hook: "I am an object of hate on the Morrissey fan club site"

Peter Hook on "Morrissey"-Q&A-Substance: Inside New Order-book tour-JCCSF-Feb 4, 2017-Joy Division - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok then, tell your carer to read the reviews to you if you can't manage it and next time you visit the docs, have the wax removed from your ears.

Or maybe you are more no feeling and all surface?

Back in the day no one needed reviews to convince others how good the music were cause it was played and talked about everywhere. Please continue recording something useless on Youtube.

that's if you think Humasexuality is gay in someway or aspects of it, which I guess, one can see it that way, if they choose. I mean, he never came out as 'gay', not that that would be a bad thing in ANY WAY, but for Him it seems he chose a broader label (even having to invent one) for how he would like to be defined and for how he would like to define himself, which some will understand and respect.

I bet Moz has a bunker where his victims are attached to the walls by velcro.

Mocking the greatest bass player in the universe whilst praising the worst singer ever (Bernard) makes me LOL so hard I found muscles that probably shouldn't be down there.

Thank you Solo people, you are priceless.

Oh ok then, tell your carer to read the reviews to you if you can't manage it and next time you visit the docs, have the wax removed from your ears.

But my carer is busy listening to that album on your recommendation and why is the drug cabinet empty and the key missing?

I can swear that tube of lube was full just minutes ago.

No I don't, he has never been a good singer and is the first to say it himself, however he has written some tremendous songs.

Was a slip of the thumb or a pocket vote as I didn't rate it off topic

'he has written some tremendous songs.' :thumb:

agree! songs like 'Bizarre Love Triangle' with it's simple lyric and singing shows so much yearning, acceptance and melancholy in it, really stunning, and it grooves!

But my carer is busy listening to that album on your recommendation and why is the drug cabinet empty and the key missing?

Whatever fella, you are cleary a dickhead so I'll leave it there

agree! songs like 'Bizarre Love Triangle' with it's simple lyric and singing shows so much yearning, acceptance and melancholy in it, really stunning, and it grooves!

I think that's always been one of their strengths Ketamine, simple lyrics supported by complex music arrangements, that approach has continued on the last album with tracks like Plastic.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=new+order+plastic&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Nah, that would be Manic Street Preachers, how else would they get anyone to listen to their... 'music' ?

But this wasn't about forcing someone to listen to music cause that bunker is the home of far more unpleasant activities.

:eek: Right Said Fred is the most underrated, brilliant pop group there ever was!!! :crazy:
Smiths, JD, NO, Fall, Jarvis Cocker, all very well but Fred Said Right tops them all for sure!
Nobody pays attention to them but I do!
By the way, who was Fred? :squiffy:
he was one of the brothers.one was called right,one was called said, and lastly one was called fred.

Wow, you managed to name their worst songs and millennials have no taste in music. There it is, proof.

Just hit print screen and frame that list of bad songs.
#TrollHarder
Blue Monday is one of the biggest selling singles of all time and was so before there was such a thing as millennials. I know sales don't mean it's good "taste" but what do you like?

that's if you think Humasexuality is gay in someway or aspects of it, which I guess, one can see it that way, if they choose. I mean, he never came out as 'gay', not that that would be a bad thing in ANY WAY, but for Him it seems he chose a broader label (even having to invent one) for how he would like to be defined and for how he would like to define himself, which some will understand and respect.

Who knows what he is but Morrissey appears to be such a gay stereotype that you can't really blame people for drawing their own conclusions instead of taking him seriously with his made up words. He really should just say he doesn't want to talk about it instead of making up words and making up relationships with the invisible woman. When that book came out and he tried to act like he'd had a girlfriend for years and thought about having a child with her, anyone with a hint of perception gave that news an *eyeroll* and mouthed "gurl, stop."

Why such homophobia on this site? If Morrissey is gay who cares. It is always brought up as a wimpy way to be. Lighten up on the homophobia mate.

I was watching the tv when the new Pope was elected. Sipping a lager. When the new Pope came out, after the little wimpy gay bishop introduced him, my mate, a huge Smiths fans, cried out: My God HE walks just like Morrissey. True story.

you know how some posters are gay for Moz, others for the Smiths? well, this one
is gay for NO. Post anything negative about them and he sashays over in a micro.

I quite liked Shellshock - it played in to my guilty pleasure of synth 'pop'. Having loved Propaganda, Act and PSBs without my peers knowing - the whole Substance album was good imho. Although the cassettes were a bit dodgy due to the long running times.
That whole Manchester personality love/hate thing has never really bothered me to be honest.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:

I had a four hour drive in my car today and listened to the following CDs in this order: PJ Harvey: The Hope Six Demolition Project, The Prodigy: Fat of the Land, Paul Weller: A Kind Revolution, New Order: the best of.
I kept New Order until last because they always pick me up and leave me happy with their melodic tunes and ace musicianship. The fact that the lyrics aren't earth shattering is ok for me. I don't want every album to be a Moz album. In fact Paul Weller has written his fair share of great lyrics (e.g. Town Called Malice). And now that I think of it I don't believe Moz has written good lyrics since Life Is A Pigsty, so he's not exactly faultless either.

I had a four hour drive in my car today and listened to the following CDs in this order: PJ Harvey: The Hope Six Demolition Project, The Prodigy: Fat of the Land, Paul Weller: A Kind Revolution, New Order: the best of.
I kept New Order until last because they always pick me up and leave me happy with their melodic tunes and ace musicianship. The fact that the lyrics aren't earth shattering is ok for me. I don't want every album to be a Moz album. In fact Paul Weller has written his fair share of great lyrics (e.g. Town Called Malice). And now that I think of it I don't believe Moz has written good lyrics since Life Is A Pigsty, so he's not exactly faultless either.

'I don't believe Moz has written good lyrics since Life Is A Pigsty, so he's not exactly faultless either.'

Compared to whom? himself? You mentioned Weller.
For example... 'Kiss me a lot' may have more meaning than 'Hand in glove' to someone who is not you or I. So in the end, it's subjective really. I mean, I wouldn't bring any of the records you mentioned on a car trip with me, could be fatal ! ;)

Who knows what he is but Morrissey appears to be such a gay stereotype that you can't really blame people for drawing their own conclusions instead of taking him seriously with his made up words. He really should just say he doesn't want to talk about it instead of making up words and making up relationships with the invisible woman. When that book came out and he tried to act like he'd had a girlfriend for years and thought about having a child with her, anyone with a hint of perception gave that news an *eyeroll* and mouthed "gurl, stop."

'appears to be such a gay stereotype' yes, correct 'appears'. :thumb: Or can appear, depending on who is perceiving.

'that you can't really blame people for drawing their own conclusions'

yes, I I touched on that in my post. People could see it that way and so they/we reach for the only language that they know, the words that they've/we've been given/forced to use. Sad really.

'instead of taking him seriously with his made up words.'

Aren't all words... 'made up' ?

As for the rest of your post, just opinions. If one doesn't take his word for the truth or at least his truth, then all that you have is nothing but speculation, and if you can live with that then that's fine. It's not bad, but it's not the truth.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom