Peter Capaldi is the 12th Dr Who

Kewpie

Subscriber
Just few minutes ago it was announced.

I'm pleased Peter accepted the offer. :)

tumblr_m928w2ykuT1r9kmjj.gif

how he feels after regenerating.

Capaldi is a great actor and I think he's a very interesting choice. He'll need decent stories though and I'm not confident Moffat is up to it.

Awwww, man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good. I went right off Matt Smith. Too much rushing around. I'd like this Doctor to be a bit quieter, introspective and drop all the quick dialogue.

Good. I went right off Matt Smith. Too much rushing around. I'd like this Doctor to be a bit quieter, introspective and drop all the quick dialogue.

There were a few times when he was allowed to be more introspective and he was great. My favourite scene in his whole tenure was the Weeping Angels episode where he comes back to Amy who cannot open her eyes. He was really effective there. As you say, it all got a bit shouty towards the end, but that wasn't really his fault.

There were a few times when he was allowed to be more introspective and he was great. My favourite scene in his whole tenure was the Weeping Angels episode where he comes back to Amy who cannot open her eyes. He was really effective there. As you say, it all got a bit shouty towards the end, but that wasn't really his fault.

I should seriously watch this show. :p

Yesssss! I hope he will be both wise and dark like how Sylvester McCoy's Doctor ended. He has a bit of Hartnell and McGann in him too! Suddenly Nu-Who has become interesting....! I really can't wait!

hartnell-tribute.jpeg

I should seriously watch this show. :p

Oh, I dunno. It might not be worth it. Doctor Who is like Superman. The basic concept is so perfect the stories rarely manage to match it.

If you really want to start though try the Christopher Ecclestone series which was the return in 2005. Dalek was good, the double episode story The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances were good, as were the last two episodes.

An ex-girlfriend of mine became interested in Kabbalah (she was a big Madonna fan) around the time the Doctor returned and she HATED the show with a passion. One evening, after being bored to tears with her wittering about this weird religion I said "Imagine how great it would be to be nearly a thousand years old, and when your body wore out you could get a new one and remember what had gone before." "Oh, my God! That's a lot like Kabbalah!" "No, actually it's Doctor Who..." We lasted about another four months.

A Polish friend of mine loves Doctor Who and when I told her that most Brits have "their" Doctor (mine was the 4th) and he changes into different actors she told me "You English are really, really strange."

Oh, I dunno. It might not be worth it. Doctor Who is like Superman. The basic concept is so perfect the stories rarely manage to match it.

If you really want to start though try the Christopher Ecclestone series which was the return in 2005. Dalek was good, the double episode story The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances were good, as were the last two episodes.

An ex-girlfriend of mine became interested in Kabbalah (she was a big Madonna fan) around the time the Doctor returned and she HATED the show with a passion. One evening, after being bored to tears with her wittering about this weird religion I said "Imagine how great it would be to be nearly a thousand years old, and when your body wore out you could get a new one and remember what had gone before." "Oh, my God! That's a lot like Kabbalah!" "No, actually it's Doctor Who..." We lasted about another four months.

A Polish friend of mine loves Doctor Who and when I told her that most Brits have "their" Doctor (mine was the 4th) and he changes into different actors she told me "You English are really, really strange."

Lol. I'll give L. Ron Hubbard one thing, there is a ridiculously fine line between the basic tenants of ancient spiritual insight and good old fashioned science fiction. One can only truly be a seeker after truth when they recognize that and can enjoy a good X-Men movie with the same intensity and introspection that one would read a tale from the old testament or the Bhagavad Gita or [insert ideology of choice.] Hope she was a good lay at least. Did you use her little red bracelet as a cock ring? :p

Just few minutes ago it was announced.

I'm pleased Peter accepted the offer. :)

Ive just googled peter capaldi kewpie!
Think theyve cast the dr perfectly this time!
I like him, he just looks the part !

Yea i just hope they give us some new aliens, creatuers, robots and monsters ect for the Dr 2 encounter this time!
Why do they keep on bringing back the cyber men and the darleks all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Goodness knows how may times the dr has defeated and seen of stavros! the creater of the darlek race, and yet stavros still keeps on coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

I wish I cud be let loose on the DR who story lines - you wud all encounter sum incredible monsters !
Believe me!!!

Hey maybe I cud even pencil in myself into one or 2 of the new episodes! - yep the dr joins forces with MIDNITE LOL :)

But I wud certainly make sure of sum great episodes for u all ! -
"monsteroeus teddy bears"
"clowns from hell"
" detroying angel and death cap himself"
" the carnival of horrors"
And there wud be a very specail christmas episode called " The remarkable miss young!" LOL :) yes there wud! and I mean that!!!
I would refuse 2 work on the program making it the most popular tv program on tv if If I couldnt do this christams special with this title! Id walk of set and never go back!
Kristeeen wud be cast as this incredible empath and healer and the Dr wud need help from her in order 2 save the human race from certain exstinction! :)

Goodness knows how may times the dr has defeated and seen of stavros! the creater of the darlek race, and yet stavros still keeps on coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

I wish I cud be let loose on the DR who story lines - you wud all encounter sum incredible monsters !

tumblr_mr2fad33Sw1r0am9vo1_500.gif

I don't watch Doctor Who on tv. I prefer watching it on DVD and in a couple of sittings and so watched three hours yesterday. I do hope that the producers keep Jenna Louise Coleman (Clara) on as the Doctor's assistant for another couple of seasons. Clara's character has far more depth than that annoying Amy Pond. Clara is coming across to me as one of the Doctor's better assistants. Jenna is a much better actress too. Jenna reminds me of a young Helena Bonham Carter, and that can only be a good thing.

Last edited:
I don't watch Doctor Who on tv. I prefer watching it on DVD and in a couple of sittings and so watch three hours yesterday. I do hope that the producers keep Jenna Louise Coleman (Clara) on as the Doctor's assistant for another couple of seasons. Clara's character has far more depth than that annoying Amy Pond. Clara is coming across to me as one of the Doctor's better assistants. Jenna is a much better actress too. Jenna reminds me of a young Helena Bonham Carter, and that can only be a good thing.

Yeah, I like Clara more than Amy already- don't think the character's full depth has been properly explored yet though, which is part of why I'm looking forward to the next series so much. It feels like up until the most recent episode she's largely been used as a 'mystery' element or a cipher of sorts so I'm interested to see what they'll do with her character now that the 'Impossible Girl' mystery has (mainly) been solved. Very excited for Peter Capaldi too of course, I love Matt Smith in the role but change is what Doctor Who is all about and it'll be fun to see how he characterises 12. :)

Yeah, I like Clara more than Amy already- don't think the character's full depth has been properly explored yet though, which is part of why I'm looking forward to the next series so much. It feels like up until the most recent episode she's largely been used as a 'mystery' element or a cipher of sorts so I'm interested to see what they'll do with her character now that the 'Impossible Girl' mystery has (mainly) been solved. Very excited for Peter Capaldi too of course, I love Matt Smith in the role but change is what Doctor Who is all about and it'll be fun to see how he characterises 12. :)

I just find Matt Smith a poor doctor over all. Sure, he has to do with what he has been given, but in the last season, (with Amy and Rory) he was just over the top. Plus I really did not like that silly steampunk wardrobe of his!.

Peter Capaldi May be interesting....certainly an Intersting choice...Stephen Moffatt was responsible for some brilliant stories back in the day, but has really gone off the boil the past few shows/series...The Rory/Amy stuff was just awful, IMO, but what i really want the producers to do is Turn the fecking Backing-track Volume WAY DOWN!!!...then, at least, we just MAY be able to actually hear the Dialogue.....

I think he's a good choice, but the writing has become god awful.
Almost every Matt Smith episode was formulaic.
Doctor meets x, shouts and runs about. Tells x that they are stupid and he knows best. Bit of plot tension. Improbable soloution to issue. The end.
This has all come about due to catering for sub-bright humans who need things fed to them in 45minute lumps.
Hence all the awful plot shortcuts like the overuse of sonic screwdrivers and explaining things away with 'timey wimey' nonsense.
There were a few good Matt episodes, but loads of filler too.
I don't think Who needs epic 13part episodes like the early eras, but the insistence to fit large stories in to 3/4s of an hour for goldfish-minded primetime zombies is killing the show.
I hope the new Dr. Doesn't continue in this mold.
Regards,
FWD

What the...

1234468_532740513460942_445888374_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom