Pete Townshend said no to producing Morrissey's albums - Q magazine

Re: Pete Townshend said no to producing Morrissey's albums

never really been a fan but what else has he produced. does he have production credits outside of the who

Johnny praises Pete, Pete praises Johnny. Johnny has always been more popular with that lot.
Moz is too strange for them. Moz is way out in front.
Poor Pete pedo still has the post cards - moz obviously means something to him.
Eno and Pete are all good friends with Bowie who hates Moz

Johnny praises Pete, Pete praises Johnny. Johnny has always been more popular with that lot.
Moz is too strange for them. Moz is way out in front.

As we all know Moz got on famously with Mick Ronson. Somehow I can't imagine that it would have been like that with Joe Strummer, Brian Eno or Pete Townshend. I remember Moz saying that Mick Ronson saved him. And I also remember Moz saying that Ronson's instinct had always been to save EVERYONE. Singer AND BAND. No matter how the fans feel about certain band members, fact is, Moz had many problems BECAUSE of his line-ups.

whats it matter who produces ? its the writing of the music and the lyrics that matters, some of the best songs in the world are produced by virtual unknowns, petes just fine playing old hat tunes to 60 year olds in fred perrys with paul weller silly hair who are having a mod life crisis- not needed by moz -not then -not now- not ever.

Your loss you big nosed bitch

Edit: a bit too harsh Pete. But still, your loss you.
Ps did I read it right that he would have produced an album with marr but not morrissey

Yes, it is the loss of one of the most legendary and lucrative figures in music history to produce an album full of forgettable songs by someone who can't even acquire a record label...and who was dropped from their last record label after having their new album on sale for a mere 2 weeks before being pulled from all venues. :straightface:

whats it matter who produces ? its the writing of the music and the lyrics that matters, some of the best songs in the world are produced by virtual unknowns, petes just fine playing old hat tunes to 60 year olds in fred perrys with paul weller silly hair who are having a mod life crisis- not needed by moz -not then -not now- not ever.

Morrissey only wishes he had Weller's style and talent.

As we all know Moz got on famously with Mick Ronson. Somehow I can't imagine that it would have been like that with Joe Strummer, Brian Eno or Pete Townshend. I remember Moz saying that Mick Ronson saved him. And I also remember Moz saying that Ronson's instinct had always been to save EVERYONE. Singer AND BAND. No matter how the fans feel about certain band members, fact is, Moz had many problems BECAUSE of his line-ups.

Fact is nothing has changed, in fact it's got worse with his present line up of lawnmower parts, just listen to world peace !
Those songs that made it were the best of a bad bunch submitted by them and Harvest did what they had to do.
The chosen one has treated so many people like shit on the way up the ladder he now finds them giving him the finger on the way down.
" fame fame fatal fame "

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Weller? The same Weller who just "got" bowie 7 years ago.
Weller is alright, not in Morrisseys league.
Ronson was with moz before the bowie full out, romson also couldn't stand the Bowie hangers on and was treated very badly by Bowie. Shit Tony V goes around playing a Bowie.lp as if he wrote. It was written by Bowie and Rono, they also mostly produced it Tony was more am engineer

:rofl: whatever happend after that. Jesus he was propably telling the truth but he should have lied about the reason since it is the oldest trick in the book.

If you read "Horse's Neck" by Pete Townshend he wrote things in that book in the form of short stories that I am sure he wouldn't want to discuss in light of the accusations against him. He seemed very close to telling everyone he was bisexual around the same point in time, but that was before his investigation, too. After that I remember seeing him make some really bigoted and homophobic remarks.

It's interesting to note that he was cleared of the charges he was accused of, but then if you look at the paedo scandals happening now, many police knew and were part of these rings, so it's very plausible that someone with his connections could get away with it. He was one of my favorite rock stars but I'll admit I don't believe his explanation.

I was under the impression Townshend was asked to produce Your Arsenal before Moz got Mick Ronson on board.

I'm wondering what it would've been like having Brian Eno producing southpaw. It could've been epic.

Brian Eno has produced albums for U2 and Coldplay. He may be the cleverest man in pop music but frankly I'm quite glad he didnt turn Morrissey into a muzak artist

He was also refused by Joe Strummer. Mix wanted Strummer to produce Maladjusted.

I also believe Marr used one of Townsend's guitars to record The Queen is Dead.

townshend?? eno?? :faint:

this would have been more intriguing than reunion of 'the smiths'.

:(

i think i don't like them anymore :D

Weller? The same Weller who just "got" bowie 7 years ago.
Weller is alright, not in Morrisseys league.
Ronson was with moz before the bowie full out, romson also couldn't stand the Bowie hangers on and was treated very badly by Bowie. Shit Tony V goes around playing a Bowie.lp as if he wrote. It was written by Bowie and Rono, they also mostly produced it Tony was more am engineer

Tony sure as shit doesn't tell it that way, which is somewhat out of character considering he's such a rollover suck-up,

The whole meaning of the quotation is completely dependent on what Pete Townshend is referring to with the word 'picture'. If it refers to the 'Smiths picture', then it's a disrespect to Marr. If the picture refers to producing an album with an Ex-Smith, then it's a diss to Moz.

"However The Who leader said no, though admits if a different Smith had been in touch a collaboration might have been on the cards, explaining:"

“I did say to [The Who’s manager] Bill Curbishley, I really love The Smiths – if I could replace Johnny Marr in the picture there, we might get a really great album.”

Not surprisingly, this key piece from the article was left out here.

tumblr_mxp5n1LqJi1rsime1o1_500.jpg

Everyone on this thread who has called or insinuated that Pete Townshend it a paedophile, (I doubt one of you know the full facts of the case,) is a bit of a low down nasty f***, to be honest.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom