Pete Burns has died

Celebrity Big Brother star Pete Burns dies aged 57 - Metro

Excerpt:

Singer Pete Burns has died aged 57 from a heart attack.

The 57-year-old, from Wirral, Merseyside, was last seen on TV screens on Celebrity Botched Up Bodies last month.

His death was announced on his Twitter page by his management.

Related item:
Morrissey and Pete Burns on the cover of Smash Hits, Oct. 1985

39271_Morrissey-and-pete-burns-.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saddened by that news. I met him a long time ago at a Bunnymen after show. Do you know if the programme went into why he felt the need to have the cosmetic surgery in the first place?

Saddened by that news. I met him a long time ago at a Bunnymen after show. Do you know if the programme went into why he felt the need to have the cosmetic surgery in the first place?

I am, too. Bit of a shock, really. Pete was beautiful back in the day...

You Spin Me Round was a great single. But he was a horrible bully on Big Brother.

You Spin Me Round was a great single. But he was a horrible bully on Big Brother.

I like the song as well but don't really know anything about him. Still a sad shame when anyone passes so young. Great photo

I met him before he was famous in Probe Liverpool a total twat but eh that was fine. He made me laugh, R.I.P.

2016 is the worst year ever, and we (the US) still have an election to worry about.

RIP Pete Burns.
Dead Or Alive, that is the question, ultimately, always and in eternity. Reminded me of Shakespeare, " to be or not to be ".
Or is that to pompous to say nowadays on this site?
In that case: Sorry.
And, does anyone think there will be a statement on tty?
Or is that impropriate too?
Sorry again, just asking.

Last edited:
RIP Pete Burns.
Dead Or Alive, that is the question, ultimately, always and in eternity. Reminded me of Shakespeare, " to be or not to be ".
And, does anyone think their will be a statement on tty?

You surely don't expect him to make a statement about unimportant Pete Burns while he didn't make one about God David Bowie? (joke)

You surely don't expect him to make a statement about unimportant Pete Burns while he didn't make one about God David Bowie? (joke)
I doubt he will unless he can rant about fur.

Here's something I've wanted to say about not mentioning Bowie. Has it ever occurred to people that Bowie's death was such a shock, such a heart stopping moment that he just can't cope with it? He's stuck his head in the sand before (see: Smiths breakup).

I don't think I would have words if Morrissey left this unhappy planet, just a river of tears and all the accouterments. (Kleenex will make a killing.) I doubt I'd ever be able to speak about him intelligibly ever again.

He seemed to be on a very friendly basis with Pete Burns.
(See the interview). Meaning they were friends at that time.

I can't remember he had a fallout with him and as far as I know Pete Burns nor Moz has ever said anything negative about echother. Didn't search for it so I might be wrong.

Moz had a fallout with God.
Isn't God from London and Pete from Liverpool ?
Would it matter, I don't know.

He seemed to be on a very friendly basis with Pete Burns.
(See the interview). Meaning they were friends at that time.

I can't remember he had a fallout with him and as far as I know Pete Burns nor Moz has ever said anything negative about echother. Didn't search for it so I might be wrong.

Moz had a fallout with God.
Isn't God from London and Pete from Liverpool ?
Would it matter, I don't know.

Can't remember Moz ever saying something negative about Pete Burns. He just denied that they fell out over a fur coat and that it just had been hard to keep track with Pete. He also said that Pete had a great voice and it was a shame that he did not sing more.

RIP Pete Burns.
And, does anyone think there will be a statement on tty?
Hey Quando you don't ever need to apologise to anyone on this site. The ones who hate will keep on hating regardless of what anyone says so I wouldn't bother catering to them.

Hey Quando you don't ever need to apologise to anyone on this site. The ones who hate will keep on hating regardless of what anyone says so I wouldn't bother catering to them.

Thanks Acton, and of course you are right.
It has to do with English not being my first language and I didn't want to offend the kind people.
I suppose I was trying to be gentle and kind even when it's not really necessary.
When you feel a bit uncertain about it, which I do sometimes than I drop back to my politeness mode, just to be on the safe side.
I suppose it's very British, which I am not.
I don't wannabe a wannabe. :o

Poor Pete Burns. A clearly troubled individual. He was on a downward spiral for years. I don't even think he owned the rights to his own music anymore and had to demean himself by appearing on every low rent TV show going.
"You Spin Me 'Round..." was great but I can't remember much else being.
He did seem to think he was a great musical innovator but it was Stock, Faceache and Waterbed who made Dead or Alive successful really.
This song "Far Too Hard" is very very Morrisseyesque. "Never ever make it with your own reflection..." Mmmm

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom